Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2020, 02:06 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Wait people are still worried about Corona?

The elderly in my building complex still seem plenty worried, especially since it’s taken a few including elderly that seemed pretty healthy and active.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:23 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times
I feel like the world is ending.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:19 AM

357 posts, read 125,274 times
What happened to the seven state committee of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Delaware kind of "working together" to establish baselines for opening. It seems like each state is all over the place, some have 5 phases, some have three, some have colors, wtf is going on. I feel like Cuomo has changed his mind at least twice and the other day Murphy laid it out pretty good, but he only gave dates for 2 things. There should be more fluidity and consistency with how things are opening up; it's getting confusing.

Old 06-04-2020, 05:29 AM

4,194 posts, read 4,077,595 times
Thousands and thousands of people are standing shoulder to shoulder in protests but we are obediently standing on circles and tape in stores. Time to end this charade.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:25 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,281,464 times
It has taken 3 weeks from Freedom to needing special IDs to cross a bridge, no swimming on beaches, and cops straight up telling me the curfew and bridge checkpoints have no projected end date and, that they'll just keep getging extended like the ever increasing list of rules for CV19 safety compliance, ...meanwhile pretty much every looter that was arrested got released due to bail reform. I'm about to quit this place without 2 weeks notice.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:49 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
It has taken 3 weeks from Freedom to needing special IDs to cross a bridge, no swimming on beaches, and cops straight up telling me the curfew and bridge checkpoints have no projected end date and, that they'll just keep getging extended like the ever increasing list of rules for CV19 safety compliance, ...meanwhile pretty much every looter that was arrested got released due to bail reform. I'm about to quit this place without 2 weeks notice.
I hope all of this inconvenience encourages specific types of residents to leave. Specifically inconsiderate transplants that think they own the city and have caused rents to become over priced.

I have not seen a single decent apartment available yet, only over-priced dingy places that need a gut renovation. The transplants are holding onto the nicer apartments for dear life willing to sacrifice anything and everything to keep them. I don't want to, but I can wait them out if need be while they whittle down their savings to nothing.

Once the stimulus gravy train stops in the fall then there will probably be some better options and thinning of the herd, but until then I'm stuck looking at their glum smug maskless faces.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:30 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
For one thing I'm glad to see is all those fake costume folks standing around Times Square gone and the Naked Cowboy's business is finally shutdown. He hired so many people dressed in costumes harassing people as they pass by everyday.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:06 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
For one thing I'm glad to see is all those fake costume folks standing around Times Square gone and the Naked Cowboy's business is finally shutdown. He hired so many people dressed in costumes harassing people as they pass by everyday.
I saw them on the Time Square web cam they are still coming around!

Old 06-04-2020, 08:20 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I hope all of this inconvenience encourages specific types of residents to leave. Specifically inconsiderate transplants that think they own the city and have caused rents to become over priced.

I have not seen a single decent apartment available yet, only over-priced dingy places that need a gut renovation. The transplants are holding onto the nicer apartments for dear life willing to sacrifice anything and everything to keep them. I don't want to, but I can wait them out if need be while they whittle down their savings to nothing.

Once the stimulus gravy train stops in the fall then there will probably be some better options and thinning of the herd, but until then I'm stuck looking at their glum smug maskless faces.
PUA/that $600 extra bucks ends July 25th, so things may hit fan for some sooner than fall.

Later this month (June 20th) ban on evictions changes from a blanket thing to where people are going need proof of being covid-19 related, on unemployment, etc.. In other words just saying you cannot pay won't cut it (nor is that a legal defense in housing court). People will be likely hauled into housing court for cards on table time.

More likely than not plenty of Karens and their weak-a$$ed soy boy boyfriends will be hitting the bricks back to Podunk, Iowa in July and August. That is unless their parents send money to keep bailing out their happy behinds.

Plenty the jobs these transplants worked, and or businesses involved in aren't going coming back in big way by fall. You don't need more than one or two baristas at any coffee place when doing only outdoor pick-up.

Then you have fact bars/clubs aren't even on any sort of current list for reopening fully in NYC anytime soon.

Have seen plenty of signs around Yorkville and other parts of UES that people have moved out recently, and think this will increase as summer goes on.

Oh keep in mind many of these transplants were only able to afford these apartments by having one, two or more roommates. Well that is coming to an end as well because people cannot afford their share, and are going back to the woods where they came from. You've got eegits sitting in apartments with rents well over $3k per month without a clue how they are going to pay now that one or more of their buddies have split.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:37 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
PUA/that $600 extra bucks ends July 25th, so things may hit fan for some sooner than fall.

Later this month (June 20th) ban on evictions changes from a blanket thing to where people are going need proof of being covid-19 related, on unemployment, etc.. In other words just saying you cannot pay won't cut it (nor is that a legal defense in housing court). People will be likely hauled into housing court for cards on table time.

More likely than not plenty of Karens and their weak-a$$ed soy boy boyfriends will be hitting the bricks back to Podunk, Iowa in July and August. That is unless their parents send money to keep bailing out their happy behinds.

Plenty the jobs these transplants worked, and or businesses involved in aren't going coming back in big way by fall. You don't need more than one or two baristas at any coffee place when doing only outdoor pick-up.

Then you have fact bars/clubs aren't even on any sort of current list for reopening fully in NYC anytime soon.

Have seen plenty of signs around Yorkville and other parts of UES that people have moved out recently, and think this will increase as summer goes on.

Oh keep in mind many of these transplants were only able to afford these apartments by having one, two or more roommates. Well that is coming to an end as well because people cannot afford their share, and are going back to the woods where they came from. You've got eegits sitting in apartments with rents well over $3k per month without a clue how they are going to pay now that one or more of their buddies have split.

spot on summary.

Its going to get very ugly very quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City