Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 02:36 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,706,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
You people must have big wide heads.

That being said, they are selling custom masks on Etsy. You're all adults and can figure this out. You can either spend $50 for masks, lose $500 from lost days at your hourly wage job or worse, spend $5000 deductible for the hospital stay. Or $5k for your grandmother's funeral because you infected her. The choice is yours. It all costs money either way.
I think they just got cheap bottom of the barrel chinese masks. I got a whole stack of 50 surgical masks and I found myself reusing the same 2-3 masks over the past 6 weeks with no issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius76 View Post
Who cares. I'm done with this fraud of a virus. We are destroying our economy and most of YOUR financial futures. I hope it was worth everyone to live a scared and sheltered life

We don't shutdown our economy every flu season but for some reason we did it with this virus. Almot like it was an election year or something...
lol cool story bro

Old 06-11-2020, 03:04 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,074,137 times
Quote:
Who cares. I'm done with this fraud of a virus. We are destroying our economy and most of YOUR financial futures. I hope it was worth everyone to live a scared and sheltered life

We don't shutdown our economy every flu season but for some reason we did it with this virus. Almot like it was an election year or something...
There is a flu shot, over the counter medication for the flu, etc. This is a new virus that scientist don't really understand. i wish people will stop comparing this to the regular flu. It isn't. Otherwise, let's just use regular flu medication to heal all Covid19 infected people.

Old 06-11-2020, 03:05 PM

8,678 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:

Don’t forget to kneel as well for the bonus

Old 06-12-2020, 07:50 AM

48 posts, read 27,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
There is a flu shot, over the counter medication for the flu, etc. This is a new virus that scientist don't really understand. i wish people will stop comparing this to the regular flu. It isn't. Otherwise, let's just use regular flu medication to heal all Covid19 infected people.
The flu shot is rarely even 50% effective. "Health experts" and all of the bleeting politicians that were screeching about staying home told you that it's ok to gather in the thousands to protest "white supremacy," but you can't go out to eat at a restaurant. How can anyone take this virus seriously anymore?

Old 06-12-2020, 07:59 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,234,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapster View Post
The flu shot is rarely even 50% effective. "Health experts" and all of the bleeting politicians that were screeching about staying home told you that it's ok to gather in the thousands to protest "white supremacy," but you can't go out to eat at a restaurant. How can anyone take this virus seriously anymore?
it's absurd that they are condoning protests while also saying to social distance, wear a mask etc for everything else.

i've never been to to subscribe to political correctness which is all it is.
while i'm not afraid of getting the virus myself, i am afraid of passing on to my grandparents who i am running a lot of errands for. i don't want them going into places with a lot of people like supermarkets.
as much as I love baseball if they were having baseball games now I would not attend.

while I think it's insane the same politicians are forcing people to keep their businesses closed, while allowing protests I am acting as though the protests never happened and doing what I can to keep from getting covid.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:14 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,048,523 times
How can anyone take this virus seriously anymore?

The virus doesn't care whether you take it seriously or not.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:56 AM

34,003 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
No, let our C-D doctors guide us

It's almost like free health insurance

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-12-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
i wish people will stop comparing this to the regular flu.
nothing wrong with comparing to the flu
  • in the worst year (12 months) with no safety measures 60,000 people die of the flu in the US
  • with massive safety measures & shutdowns 100,000 already died in 3 months from COVID-19

so in that sense alone this is 7 times more deadly that the worst case flu WITH the protection

but go ahead, don't wear a mask and cram into a bar on Miami beach. Whatever works for you

Old 06-12-2020, 12:26 PM

48 posts, read 27,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
nothing wrong with comparing to the flu
  • in the worst year (12 months) with no safety measures 60,000 people die of the flu in the US
  • with massive safety measures & shutdowns 100,000 already died in 3 months from COVID-19

so in that sense alone this is 7 times more deadly that the worst case flu WITH the protection

but go ahead, don't wear a mask and cram into a bar on Miami beach. Whatever works for you
Wow, that sounds scary! I can't wait for all the rioters to inevitably drop dead then. How long would you say until that happens? Maybe 2 weeks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City