Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 04:08 PM

34,001 posts, read 47,230,787 times

Advertisements

Wow, Carpetbaggers

I'm back in junior high school history

Haha

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 04:51 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,540,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Wow, Carpetbaggers

I'm back in junior high school history

Haha
We used to read that book for the “dirty” parts

Old 04-27-2020, 05:15 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,758,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
These three stooges really should just form a lemon party together.
Shhhh...don't give them any ideas.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:24 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,685,656 times
Poll in New York, CUOMO 78% TRUMP 16%

Old 04-27-2020, 08:23 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,586,340 times
I heard he wants to replace Biden as the Democratic nominee. I've been suspecting he's had designs on that job for years now and fancies himself the first paisano POTUS.

Old 04-28-2020, 02:08 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,685,656 times
I enjoy being briefed by someone who knows what he is talking about rather than the daily clown show from the White House. Worthless yes men echoing his insanity.

Old 04-28-2020, 02:40 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,085,507 times
He is the same person that told NY residents to go out on the town while
the virus was spreading and killing in New York. He was last to act appropriately and many died in NYC. The deaths in New York didn't have to happen.

Old 04-28-2020, 04:19 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oycrumbler View Post
yep de blasio was born in nyc and spent his early childhood here though his primary school education was outside of nyc. He also did both college and graduate studies within the city.

These three stooges really should just form a lemon party together.
lol.

Old 04-28-2020, 04:52 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,647,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anicon View Post
Lifelong ny'er. Getting tired of all this praise Governor Cuomo is receiving by people in other states and countries. Complete lack of leadership and his response to the pandemic has been a total disaster. failed to plan in any meaningful way whatsoever. Had a chance to buy spare ventilators but didn't. actually kept desperately needed ventilators as backup in storage "just in case". Seemed like a deer caught in the headlights that there could be an overnight massive need for face masks, hand sanitizer, hospital beds, disposable hospital gowns, ect in NYC. REALLY???? Are you kidding me, buddy? Like in his wildest dreams he never could have imagined a massive emergency in the state. Then all he does is go on tv blasting the federal governments response. Without the fed response- NYC would have been much, much worse. All Cuomo does is deflect and blame.

Even the small stockpiles of emergency hand sanitizer the NYPD had were years beyond their expiration dates. No masks for the brave boys/girls in blue who have been dying left and right protecting the city. without popper safety equipment. I watched yet another nypd funeral ceremony yesterday- with almost no one there for safety. while he lets criminals free. over 50 criminals that were let go- were re-arrested for committing new crimes- then set free again. for safety. the safely of who?

Allowed Diblasio to keep NYC public schools open, spreading the disease. How many teachers died???

Not sure if this is an example of putting politics over lives but it is completely unconscionable that cuomo forced nursing homes to accept patients with corona virus. let me say that again. if you're running a nursing home- desperately trying to prevent the spread and a patient infected needs a place to stay, cuomo sent them to your nursing home. Literally with a body bag. you could not say no. Wonder why so many people in nursing homes in NY died??? There were how many empty beds at the javvits center? you complained that the hospital ship wasn't accepting corona patients until trump changed the policy. there were how many empty beds on the ship?? yet you didn't send patients there, you sent them to nursing homes. to die. and infect other highly vulnerable residents.

So what did did govnr cuomo do and spend tax payers money on? Lets see. He blew almost a BILLION on green energy nonsense, with absolutely nothing to show for it. Stopped gas pipeline construction, now new construction in NYC can even get served with gas. Just electric. Is that better for the environment? Banned energy production upstate. Spent millions on useless road signs. Then took them all down, redid them, and put them back up. More interested in re-naming a bridge after daddy then governing (RIP Tappan Zee Bridge)

This guy fails and all he does is go on tv and kvetch non stop. And people heap praise on him and think he should be president. please.

Speaking of misappropriated funds. how about the almost 800 Million dollars plus this crooked mayor, comrade Dibliasio gave to his wife for her mental health initiative ThriveNYC? NYC could use some mental health help right about now and this sham of a charity is nowhere to be found. Where is the oversight, Cuomo?

no accountability anywhere. one of the reasons people couldn't "Leave New York State Before It's Too Late" even before all this mishigas. More than just an OBI campaign. I hope I get the chance.

I expect to be flamed for this post. Mostly by out of town'ers and transplants. Bring it
I don't suppose it has occurred to you that one reason Cuomo is being praised is because Trump has been so incompetent? Not only does Trump makes others look good by comparison, but people can appreciate Cuomo's not attempting to sugar-coat things, not pretending that things will miraculously improve.

Old 04-28-2020, 04:59 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,085,507 times
Default Dumb is as the NY Governor does

The NY governor is still getting people killed in NY nursing homes today. He is one of the few
governors in the US that has purposely moved Caronavirus patients into nursing homes. He
has ordered nursing homes to take any resident Caronavirus+ or not! Moving symptomatic or
asymptomatic people into nursing homes is a sure way to spread the virus to frail, older people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City