Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 02:22 AM

606 posts, read 419,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuzionx View Post
I agree, but its a tricky situation. I'm concerned that these short falls will lead to higher taxes come next year. I doubt they will be conducting major cuts. Its just not the NY way. I think even the budget cuts DeBlasio announced were not nearly enough. Not sure exactly how they plan raising revenue. The recovery for NY will be slow, highlighted by its slow so called response.
They most certainly will raise taxes. And more people who are able to leave will leave. At some point NY will not be able to keep raising taxes expecting things to change. I really don't see how they will raise revenue either and I highly doubt they will be able to. This means even bigger deficits than before, and some tough calls to make ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 09:09 PM

276 posts, read 231,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post

I'm pretty happy about the green energy stuff though and stopping them pipelines and it's absolutely better to use electricity than gas, so yea, that's great. Didn't go about these in the best way, but still overall a great move. Renaming the bridge was incredibly stupid though--especially since that bridge never got the commuter rail track laid that it was supposed to. Overall though, Cuomo's a good talker, but his ideas and actions aren't much good overall.

I think it's NYC's unlucky fate to be ruled at three levels of government by three NYC-born stooges.

i'm by no means an expert, and i'm guessing it may even be regional. but are you sure electric is better for the environment than natural gas? dont most electric plants run on coal? i was also under the impression a big reason co2 emissions in the usa peaked, and have been steadily declining is because of more reliance on natural gas and less coal fueled electricity.

Old 05-02-2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
Cuomo still has blood on his hands over bail reform. The recent changes he approved are only a tiny improvement. Bail Reform needs to be repealed. Bring back cash bail. Keep Rikers open.

Thank you! I can't believe I forgot to mention this. Complete disaster. And closing Rikers in favor of separate jails in each borough? Really? Are you kidding me? How about cleaning up the one problem at rikers instead of creating 5 (4?) new problems in each borough.

Old 05-02-2020, 09:27 PM

15,844 posts, read 14,479,382 times
He had no control over that. That's completely federal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskie View Post
Cuomo is a snake. He allowed NYC to become a virus sanctuary by letting droves of people fly here from China and Italy.

He is a snake.

Old 05-02-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montezia View Post
NYC should not get a bailout. If the governor insists on having that shutdown indefinitely he should also fully accept the financial consequences that come with it. What did he expect of it? That people will sit comfortably at home indefinitely while continuing to get government hand outs? The government gave so much leverage to illegal immigrants that they should now pay the piper back. It also neglected much of upstate NY for a long time.

It sucks that decent people will be negatively impacted by this.

Thank you, I agree. not to mention comrade diblasio telling trump if he doesnt bail nyc out, he's telling new yorkers to "drop dead". really?

whose fault is it that ny state pension plans and government spending are unsustainable and completely out of control? MTA salaries and pensions are ridiculously unsustainable. Typical democratic run state. Massive amounts of state workers on the trough. I saw the stat the other day, wish i could remember. how many city workers diblasio has added since he took over, and how much he has increased the city budget. he can't hire and give raises fast enough.

now, after years of incompetence, negligence, and poor negotiating with the unions. you expect the federal government to step in and pick up the tab to bail you out of all that? or it's like telling new york to drop dead? the rest of the country should have to pay for ny's mismanagement?

Old 05-06-2020, 12:41 PM

7,342 posts, read 4,134,790 times
Mike Goodwin articles on Cuomo are something. Cuomo is getting a lot of bad press.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/05/this-n...cuomo-goodwin/

https://nypost.com/2020/04/28/more-b...risis-goodwin/

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/cuomo-...ragic-goodwin/

It is discussed on NYC talk radio as well.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:11 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Poll in New York, CUOMO 78% TRUMP 16%
ANd that says it ALL. +100

Old 05-11-2020, 06:28 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
ANd that says it ALL. +100
Like it or hate it the following is only my opinion:

You fish in an ocean full of blue fish you end up mostly with bluefish.
Give the Republicans credit. They have a nominee......Democrats ummmmm...To be determined? Scary thought of 0%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City