Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 12:08 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Virus doesn't care about race. How about we address the living conditions, diets, lifestyles that a lot of Black and Brown people in the ghetto lead?
There seems to be some science behind this. Some Doctors are seeing high numbers of Deaths in people with poor diets with Low HDL and High Triglycerides. This isn't about race, it's about Diet.

Inflammation in the body caused by high intake of Seed Oils/Vegetable oils is a leading opinion right now

Some long reading on the subject by a leading doctor in this field
https://drcate.com/metabolic-disorde...avirus-deadly/

Unfortunately there are some races and economic brackets that eat more inflammatory foods and don't go to the doctor regularly.

But that's probably the Rich white people's fault somehow, i'll wait cause somewhere here will tell me why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 12:23 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Virus doesn't care about race. How about we address the living conditions, diets, lifestyles that a lot of Black and Brown people in the ghetto lead?
that's none of my business so I don't care. those are personal choices that they have control over.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:13 PM

231 posts, read 113,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
There seems to be some science behind this. Some Doctors are seeing high numbers of Deaths in people with poor diets with Low HDL and High Triglycerides. This isn't about race, it's about Diet.

Inflammation in the body caused by high intake of Seed Oils/Vegetable oils is a leading opinion right now

Some long reading on the subject by a leading doctor in this field
https://drcate.com/metabolic-disorde...avirus-deadly/

Unfortunately there are some races and economic brackets that eat more inflammatory foods and don't go to the doctor regularly.

But that's probably the Rich white people's fault somehow, i'll wait cause somewhere here will tell me why.
Stop trying to blame the victim! These folks are victims of organized persecution and have no culpability in the consequences of their lifestyle / diet. Totally blameless victims!

Old 04-28-2020, 01:18 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
I read the link and couldn't find any mention of a salary. ?????

Old 04-28-2020, 02:58 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call me Birdsler View Post
Stop trying to blame the victim! These folks are victims of organized persecution and have no culpability in the consequences of their lifestyle / diet. Totally blameless victims!
You forgot to add the to your post.

Old 04-28-2020, 03:14 PM

874 posts, read 454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post

- Head of ThriveNYC which lost $850 Million Dollars."

"The Thrive program budgeted millions to create diversion centers, a place other than jail
for officers to bring those experiencing a mental health crisis. Another prominent element
of Thrive is an expansion of mental health first aid training. Health Department employees now
conduct the eight-hour classes daily at churches, schools and community centers."

all that time, why weren't the ...mentally ill homeless people 'diverted' into one of these centers.
any diversion centers still around? perfect place for the homeless folk to go to instead of the
subway, in front of penn station, park benches, every other corner... Etc..

is that: millions of 'tax-payer ?'

"spending $12 million a year on the NYC-WELL hotline — not including nearly $11 million spent on advertising in 2017, mostly to promote the service.

Old 04-28-2020, 04:22 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call me Birdsler View Post
Was it white supremacy that infected black, brown and latinx people with covid?

Old 04-28-2020, 09:01 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I was on a podcast and in that podcast. We predicted that white liberals and black thought leaders will pin the deaths of black and brown people on white supremacy, Jim Crow, red lining, legacy of slavery. I was right. The race grievance industry is nto a hoax and its real.

Doesn't fail! Never fails! This started in China, Chinese got the brunt of it, we all know this. The CCP is lying about their overall numbers.

However, Black and Brown people are the victims. I'm Puerto Rican and I have to be brutally honest. We have to do much better with our lifestyles. Look at the Black and Brown people back in the 90's, 80's, 70's and earlier. SLIM people! ACTIVE people. People were outside much more so and back then, they didn't have the access to healthy foods like we do. Poor black and brown people have much healthier options and at very affordable prices. Most hoods have Aldi, Western beef has pretty good stuff, C-Town, Compare Foods, Pioneer (think the name is different now), Key Food all have stepped up their game. Many of the hoods have better parks now and have those outside gyms to go to. We got to do better! No excuses!

Old 04-29-2020, 08:19 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I agree.

For far too many people, all you have to do is use the term "African American", "Latino", "Asian", or "Middle Easterner" in a sentence, and IMMEDIATELY you're called a racist. WHY?? Since when is SIMPLY mentioning a person's background "racist"?

Since these overly sensitively people seem to be ready to be offended at the slightest mention of anything, maybe they should be reminded that we're ALL from an ethnic group of some sort.....
Like it or hate it,the following is only my opinion:

Only in a Blue State...................................things are more even keeled outside New York.

Old 04-30-2020, 04:56 AM

6,458 posts, read 3,150,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Like it or hate it,the following is only my opinion:

Only in a Blue State...................................things are more even keeled outside New York.
NY CITY, or NY STATE???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City