Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 08:54 AM

6,688 posts, read 6,033,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
What's the point of this political thread?

Hey, look at that!
I took Biology 101 9 years ago, like wtf. The important thing is that a virus requires a vaccine, and bacteria requires antibiotics. The word 'disease' is interchangeable.
Only, viruses are not alive. They are pieces of genetic materials your body attacks, hence the flu like symptoms. Bacteria is alive and can even be killed by other pathogens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 09:03 AM

6,688 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
no a virus is a virus a disease is a disease

HIV is a virus, AIDS is a disease and you need AIDS medicine every day or you will die

diabetes is a disease you need to insulin or you die

are you sub 80 iq knuckle draggers getting it through your thick skulls yet?

and when you have DISEASE it doesnt go away, you need medicine to live, or the disease will kill you.

What I think is happening is, they literally took this years flu, called it a disease told everyone to run and hide in their homes, and now im scratching my head after seeing people recover wondering where is the disease part?

calling it a disease makes it seem more lethal , calling the flu makes it seems just like the sniffles. even though the flu can kill you too, I just dont see the reason with calling it a disease only to scare people.

where is the medicine some needs to take in order to live after being infected with this disease? because everyone recovers nobody needs medicine to live!

https://www.amny.com/coronavirus/cor...iggest-threat/

“I’ll put an asterisk on and say there are always exceptional cases, I’m not saying that this is the perfect rule that affects every single time, but this is the basic rule, overwhelmingly consistent rule based on what we have seen globally from this disease,” de Blasio said.

do you understand now the difference between a virus (common cold/flu) vs a disease (AIDS/Diabetes?)

one goes away and you dont need medicine to live
one doesnt go away and you DO NEED medicine to live or you will die!

he keeps calling it a disease and we cant open the city, but facts are facts, its literally just a bad flu, there is not 1 shred of evidence that this is a disease

and its simply incredible that deblassio and cuomo can close everything saying this disease is so dangerous when its not a disease at all.

just because someone calls it a disease does NOT mean its a disease! wake up already
What a great post. It is obvious that politicians have a hidden agenda and they use the media to keep people afraid and misinformed.

It’s the same with the word “pandemic” which is used to strike fear in people, when in reality all the word means is that the illness has traveled between continents.

By the way, alcoholism and drug addiction are considered to be diseases as well due to changes in brain chemistry.

Old 05-09-2020, 09:05 AM

1,034 posts, read 673,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Sorry, I was being sarcastic.
Oh lol. Sometimes hard to tell online unfortunately but now I got a laugh

Old 05-09-2020, 09:09 AM

874 posts, read 728,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Only, viruses are not alive. They are pieces of genetic materials your body attacks, hence the flu like symptoms. Bacteria is alive and can even be killed by other pathogens.

exactly.

"

same thing when cuomo, or trump or deblassio or anyone tells you it can "live" on surfaces for x amount of days they are lying a

keep in mind these are the people saying you cant work anymore because your not essential and neither is your family

so not only are they all lying that its a disease they are also lying when they say it can "live" on surfaces for days

https://nypost.com/2020/04/24/corona...urfaces-cuomo/

Coronavirus can live up to 72 hours on bus and subway surfaces, Cuomo says

Old 05-09-2020, 03:55 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Liberalism is a disease...
Yes, a point of view that espouses generosity, tolerance, compassion, and a helping hand is distasteful to you, I see.

Old 05-09-2020, 04:40 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Yes, a point of view that espouses generosity, tolerance, compassion, and a helping hand is distasteful to you, I see.

Old 05-09-2020, 05:11 PM

654 posts, read 364,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
I know a couple of people who caught it and recovered. Plus there are famous people who got it and recovered. Deblassio always says how this disease is bad, and we cant open the city because of the disease.

the people I know arent dying, they dont need medicine like an AIDS patient to stay alive. Are they calling it a disease because it kills you? Because the flu can kill you to, and its never been called a disease
DeBlasio is a Communist religion-hating person who doesn't know a lot.

That explains everything about him.

Old 05-09-2020, 06:22 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Then by that definition, a common cold is also a disease.

The CDC estimates that as many as 56,000 people die from the flu or flu-like illness each year. SOURCES: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases: "Common Cold."
Yes.

But is anyone still arguing that Covid-19 is no worse than the common cold or the flu??

Old 05-09-2020, 07:00 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Yes.

But is anyone still arguing that Covid-19 is no worse than the common cold or the flu??
Unfortunately there are still plenty of people arguing that. Mostly not in NYC, as far as I can tell, because at least here we have heard and seen all the ambulances and seen or heard of the morgue trucks and bodies piling up. Or we know people/neighbors who have been hospitalized or died.

There are some people in the Midwest who believe that the reporting about overwhelmed hospitals and morgue trucks was invented by the media. I don't know these people in real life but I've see a few of my friends on Facebook have to explain what's going on to their friends in the Midwest who simply can't believe it could be true that all the hospitals here were overwhelmed and hundreds of people dying every day when this was at its worst.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:02 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
56,000 = 12 months
70,847 = 4 months, 5 days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: