Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 04:32 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I invite anybody who comes on C-D to bash the Mayor to personally write an email to City Hall stating their opinions and share it with us. Everyday it's I hate the Mayor this I hate the Mayor that. It's a broken record.
I've done it to the Governor in my state. It goes unanswered for months, then a form response arrives in an email thanking one for the concern and stating it will be forwarded to some department to handle and then dies off from there.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:16 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
For those who think is a criticism of all Jewish synagogues, consider this.....

The entire synagogue in New Rochelle cooperated with the authorities! It stayed shut down. The patrons complied with the emergency and stayed home. The attorney, who is a member of the synagogue who caught the virus, stayed isolated. The city, in turn, was able to get it under control.

But meanwhile, in Brooklyn, synagogues where rabbis have died from the virus have held packed funerals, with no regard for following emergency orders. My brother works as an administrator for NYPD, and the possibility being exposed to cops who had to break up these gatherings.......!

Old 06-04-2020, 07:47 AM

7,345 posts, read 4,134,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
For those who think is a criticism of all Jewish synagogues, consider this.....

The entire synagogue in New Rochelle cooperated with the authorities! It stayed shut down. The patrons complied with the emergency and stayed home. The attorney, who is a member of the synagogue who caught the virus, stayed isolated. The city, in turn, was able to get it under control.

But meanwhile, in Brooklyn, synagogues where rabbis have died from the virus have held packed funerals, with no regard for following emergency orders. My brother works as an administrator for NYPD, and the possibility being exposed to cops who had to break up these gatherings.......!
Very true about New Rochelle Young Israel Synagogue. Good on them!

As for your brother - I feel so bad for the NYDP who has to deal with rioters during this. Stopping rioters from stealing while getting bricks/water bottles throw at them and worried about the virus.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:16 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Lital,

How many dead children is the right number for you?

Old 06-04-2020, 08:18 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Lital,

How many dead children is the right number for you?

Do you think the kids in a Yeshiva actually LEARN anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City