Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 09:54 AM

11,195 posts, read 9,043,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I invite anybody who comes on C-D to bash the Mayor to personally write an email to City Hall stating their opinions and share it with us. Everyday it's I hate the Mayor this I hate the Mayor that. It's a broken record.
Come on dude. That would require work. None of them are about that!

Old 05-21-2020, 09:54 AM

33,891 posts, read 47,082,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I got plenty of time to wait

Not being able to support your argument in person is one thing, but if you can't even do it on the Internet

LoL

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-21-2020, 12:13 PM

5,620 posts, read 2,571,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I've written many emails to politicians and my police precinct. Usually they go unanswered. But hey at least I try.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:25 PM

33,891 posts, read 47,082,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I've written many emails to politicians and my police precinct. Usually they go unanswered. But hey at least I try.
Thats not what he's talking about, go backtrack the thread

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-21-2020, 07:39 PM

5,620 posts, read 2,571,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Thats not what he's talking about, go backtrack the thread
That was the 1st post by him on this thread

Old 05-21-2020, 08:07 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,627,382 times
I'm not saying that the schools should be opened or not. What I am saying is that they are trying to use the kids to pull at the heart strings of people, when kids are the absolute least effected by this virus. The risk of kids dying from the virus is SUPER low but DeLousy'O wants to make it seem like the kids are being put in direct threat. Of course they're trying to run with the "Kawasaki syndrome" non-sense too, trying to link it to COVID. At this point they just want to use whatever they can to make people more scared.

Old 05-21-2020, 08:11 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,627,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post

Same here. But of course, I'm just screaming at the sky to some of these people. They're answer is always "GO DO SOMETHING!" but its totally okay if they want to voice their opinions.

Old 05-21-2020, 09:12 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,045,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I'm not saying that the schools should be opened or not. What I am saying is that they are trying to use the kids to pull at the heart strings of people, when kids are the absolute least effected by this virus. The risk of kids dying from the virus is SUPER low but DeLousy'O wants to make it seem like the kids are being put in direct threat. Of course they're trying to run with the "Kawasaki syndrome" non-sense too, trying to link it to COVID. At this point they just want to use whatever they can to make people more scared.
You know . . .

They closed the schools in March to protect the teachers - not the students.

This is from May 4th and the number of dead is probably higher by know.

Guidance counselors, teachers among 72 DOE employees to die of COVID-19. https://abc7ny.com/teacher-deaths-do...hools/6150719/

Old 05-21-2020, 10:58 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,665,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
They closed the schools in March to protect the teachers - not the students.
Mostly to protect the families the kids go back to every day

Kids are disease factories

Old 05-22-2020, 05:53 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,298,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Mostly to protect the families the kids go back to every day

Kids are disease factories
This. Idk why nobody can understand this. Even if kids have a literal 0% chance of dying, they're still possibly asymptomatic carriers of the disease. Especially in an immigrant-heavy city like NYC where multiple generations live under one roof, those asymptomatic children are going to infect their elderly grandparents and possibly kill them. Elderly teachers would be at risk from being in the classrooms. Bus drivers. Janitors. Office staff. Cafeteria employees. All those people who are adults and possibly elderly could be infected by asymptomatic children.

Also, consider the fact that children are not even leaving their houses really. The adults are still going to work and going grocery shopping and buying essential for the house. The children are not even exposed as often as parents. So while symptoms may still show less in children, we don't know what would happen to the children if they had the same exposure rates as adults and the elderly.

As for the OP, no matter if you agree or disagree with schools closing, nobody is exempted. Just look at Lakewood NJ. The police have regularly broken up mass gatherings of Orthodox Jews for weddings, funerals, schools, random parties, everything. It's sometimes literally multiple days in a row. When people are arrested or cited in Lakewood, many are often from Brooklyn. Even Israel has had a hard time keeping some of the Orthodox communities from having mass gatherings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City