Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2020, 11:14 AM

32 posts, read 35,271 times

Advertisements

My relative may finally able to get a ticket and arrive JFK airport next week. Instead of her to make another flight to Nashville TN, we are going to drive up there and pick her up at the JFK airport.

We hope to get into the Baggage Claim area and meet her there. We will wear the masks all the time. Are there any rules in the airport that we need to be aware? Any checkpoint we need to go through to get into the airport?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 12:32 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,544,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyseven! View Post
My relative may finally able to get a ticket and arrive JFK airport next week. Instead of her to make another flight to Nashville TN, we are going to drive up there and pick her up at the JFK airport.

We hope to get into the Baggage Claim area and meet her there. We will wear the masks all the time. Are there any rules in the airport that we need to be aware? Any checkpoint we need to go through to get into the airport?

Thanks!
Check the JFK website.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:47 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,836,692 times
You do realize that you may be walking into a battlefield right?
Just my thoughts.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:49 PM

874 posts, read 454,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyseven! View Post

"My relative may finally able to get a ticket and arrive JFK airport next week. Instead of her
to make another flight to Nashville TN, we are going to drive up there and pick her up at the
JFK airport.

We hope to get into the Baggage Claim area and meet her there. We will wear the masks
all the time. Are there any rules in the airport that we need to be aware? Any checkpoint
we need to go through to get into the airport? Thanks!"

yes, mask up, . . .don't wear expensive, flashy jewelry...and:

........welcome to new yawk !

Old 06-02-2020, 02:07 PM

Yes. I did check the JFK Airport website and found wearing masks only.

We definitely are aware of the situation in NYC now, unfortunately the charter flight is arranged by the overseas embassy. That's why we plan to spend the least time as possible.

Thank you everyone. Be safe!

Old 06-04-2020, 09:03 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,174,862 times
Driving through the city to get to JFK is not for the faint of heart. It is a traffic nightmare. Why can't your relative fly to Nashville from JFK?

Old 06-04-2020, 09:11 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,073,130 times
That's probably a really not so good idea in the best of times.

Does Jet Blue Fly JFK to Nashville? That would be my call, otherwise you have to get over to LGA to make a domestic flight.

Realistically, you are talking a 15 hour day to get up there, make a pickup, and then another 15 hour day back to Nashville.

Is that worth that in gas and hotels to save a few hundred bucks on a connecting flight?

If i HAD to make that drive i would look to get from I-81 over to Staten Island and go across the Verrazano Narrows Bridge (Bigly Toll) to get to Kennedy. That keeps you out of mid town.

Consider what you are doing before you jump into this trip.

Edit: Just checked flights. American flies that route from JFK all day long for $100. Buy a ticket a save yourself a lifetime (bad) memory.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:20 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,514,862 times
American Airlines and Delta Express fly from BNA to JFK and LaGuardia.
Jet Blue flies from BNA to JFK.
Southwest flies from BNA to LaGuardia.
Spirit flies from BNA to Newark.
United Express flies from BNA to Newark.
And vice versa.

Last time my wife flew thru JFK (from London in November), she swore the airport off. It was an awful experience.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:17 PM

My relative is a 65+ lady who doesn't understand or speaking English. She is a high-risk person under the COVID19 guideline. We don't want her to go through the airport herself and take another flight that might get the virus. She used to have a friend in New York to pick her up but no longer an option.

Understand that it is not the best time to do this. Unless the embassy changes the charter flight, we are going to do it. Yes, a little crazy but hope for the best.

@Ted Bear, would consider your suggestion to avoid the traffic.

Appreciate everyone's concerns and helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City