Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 05:35 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times

Advertisements

If race isn't such a big deal then why was race brought up here? I didn't introduce race to the thread, someone else did. Let's just admit America is racist and move on then.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-20-2020, 05:39 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
corona virus has turned deblassio into a mini dictator

https://nypost.com/2020/05/18/nypd-c...e-on-sidewalk/

An NYPD officer slammed a man head-first into the sidewalk outside an Upper East Side Mexican restaurant — as onlookers waited in line, flouting social distancing guidelines, a new video shows.

The half-minute clip, which was posted to Twitter, is the latest violent confrontation with cops over lockdown rules and happened Saturday night as quarantine-fatigued New Yorkers flocked to their favorite eateries for sidewalk libations — as seen in Sunday’s Post.

The video shows two officers struggle with a man outside the Second Avenue restaurant, Mexicoma, around 10:15 p.m.

One of the cops grabs the man, lifts him off the ground and slams him headfirst on the sidewalk.

“Oh! Oh my God!” yells one of the masked onlookers, who are huddled closely outside the eatery at East 85th Street.

Cops issued the man a summons for an open container of alcohol.

Less than 12 hours later, Mayor Bill de Blasio said the NYPD would crack down on New Yorkers drinking outside Big Apple restaurants.

I'm curious as to why NYC police are enforcing social distancing the way they are. I'm in GA and I can tell you that for the most part, police are trying to stay away from people. We have social distancing guidelines here too but we also don't have aggressive enforcement. For the most part if people wear masks, they should be good. I can't imagine how NYC abides so strictly with it being such a heavily populated city. I'm not saying that people shouldn't follow social distancing but no need to go mental over it.

As for drinking outside of restaurants, they are not drinking and driving and so what's the problem? We need to move away from criminalization.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:51 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Here you go

Well if you can prove in this thread that the video we watched was racially motivated then I can see the point of your post.
My point is merely that there is rarely any proof of racial motivation behind these things. Yet, that doesn't stop some from claiming racism or racial profiling on the basis of race alone. That's all I was getting at.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
How come he has to prove anything? When cops do the same to a black person I don't see anyone asking for the same proof?
That's the only point I was making. Note, I don't claim that race played a part in this incident (there's no evidence of that).

Old 05-20-2020, 05:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Lots of people need hitting in New York -generally when they do get it -it really Is not about c19

Old 05-20-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
My point is merely that there is rarely any proof of racial motivation behind these things. Yet, that doesn't stop some from claiming racism or racial profiling on the basis of race alone. That's all I was getting at.
So whats the point of bringing it up? You're kind of giving it a voice. I would say inadvertently but it is impossible to gauge one's stance on an Internet forum.

Old 05-20-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
So whats the point of bringing it up? You're kind of giving it a voice. I would say inadvertently but it is impossible to gauge one's stance on an Internet forum.
Merely making an observation and calling out hypocrisy, including hypocrisy that I see from some here. I don't want people making race of an issue if it can't be proved, regardless of the race of the parties involved.

Old 05-20-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Merely making an observation and calling out hypocrisy, including hypocrisy that I see from some here. I don't want people making race of an issue if it can't be proved, regardless of the race of the parties involved.
You have to learn to stop worrying about what you cant control my man

Old 05-20-2020, 06:37 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,467,022 times
Quote:
You have to learn to stop worrying about what you cant control my man

I disagree, if we stop calling out obvious double standards, people will feel empowered to continue spewing it.

Gotta call it out.

Old 05-20-2020, 06:40 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
I disagree, if we stop calling out obvious double standards, people will feel empowered to continue spewing it.

Gotta call it out.
I keep getting this pop up message:

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Werdywerd again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: