Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 11:15 AM

1,138 posts, read 856,433 times

Advertisements

Well, NYC bars actually can reopen along with the restaurants during Phase 3. Will there be crowds the way it once was? Not until full capacity is allowed. The Mayor says full bar capacity probably wont happen until around Labor Day, but with increased capacity limits throughout the summer. True, many bars wont last because it costs them more to stay open with capacity limits. Some of the bars are allowing take outs now, which could help them stay afloat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 11:25 AM

874 posts, read 728,111 times
they wont survive they have to pay rent on a huge place and only be able to use half of it? many wont make it, the city will never be the same again

Old 05-23-2020, 12:03 PM

874 posts, read 453,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

"People are so impatient, wait until winter gets here and so many people will regret dearly
for their impatience. This is the new norm and trying to overcome it by going back to old
habits isn't going to get better. Taking a risk and going out for a drink with random people
in an enclosed room talking, chatting, and hanging around for awhile is very risky especially
at the epicenter of this pandemic."

No thanks. Won't go. Not even the swankiest bar/restaurant with:

free appetizers

a free pitcher of beer

Ladies Night...

…and Chippendale dancers….

I’ll eventually get to that 1 beer I have in fridge….(Presidente)….

I’ll make my own pancakes & whatnot too….

Old 05-23-2020, 01:13 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Shoot me a PM and I will be there to give them cash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Count me in.

I'll make an oath if you let me in.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm totally down to go and support them.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:20 PM

596 posts, read 252,445 times
nothing, ppl love to drink its part of Amurican culture

Old 05-23-2020, 05:09 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
People are so impatient, wait until winter gets here and so many people will regret dearly for their impatience. This is the new norm and trying to overcome it by going back to old habits isn't going to get better. Taking a risk and going out for a drink with random people in an enclosed room talking, chatting, and hanging around for awhile is very risky especially at the epicenter of this pandemic.
They're still in the denial stage of grief.

Although soon enough the virus will be a secondary concern to the incoming Economic apocalypse.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:17 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
I know lots of bar owners in the area. They are freaking out. A good friend of mine opened up a bar on Long Island last Summer and was killing it. He's 45 and put all of his money into that place and now it's gone. And it ain't coming back. Bars/clubs/restaurants can't hang in long enough for a vaccine.

I'm with you. I've been planning on leaving NY for years and this probably is the final nail in my coffin. NYC is damn useless if you can't enjoy going out. I can sit inside and watch TV in any state in the country and for a hella of lot cheaper.
Since I'm stuck here for various reasons, it would be great if more people leave.

And yeah people need to see what David Chang said about this. Eventually restaurants and bars can come back, but you're probably talking 2030ish.

In-between that I'd like to get in the real estate market and sell around 2045 and hopefully make a big gain selling to Gen Z.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:28 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,593,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Since I'm stuck here for various reasons, it would be great if more people leave.

And yeah people need to see what David Chang said about this. Eventually restaurants and bars can come back, but you're probably talking 2030ish.

In-between that I'd like to get in the real estate market and sell around 2045 and hopefully make a big gain selling to Gen Z.
2030? Lmao

Old 05-23-2020, 05:44 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
I’m sensing trolling and am ready to act...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-23-2020, 06:30 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Quote:
People are so impatient, wait until winter gets here and so many people will regret dearly for their impatience. This is the new norm and trying to overcome it by going back to old habits isn't going to get better. Taking a risk and going out for a drink with random people in an enclosed room talking, chatting, and hanging around for awhile is very risky especially at the epicenter of this pandemic.
Many that laughed at this earlier regret it big time now and many more will soon enough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: