Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 09:29 AM

3,716 posts, read 1,407,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
All those other threads talking about her, people think she is mentally unstable. I keep telling people that there are too many women VPs just like her working in NYC. I've seen too many working from various NYC firms, the key is that they always have to win an argument regardless they are wrong simply because they are privileged by their position of power at work. People get to massage their egos too, especially gay men love to massage the egos of powerful white women in charge.
I agree she is mentally unstable and needs to take some treatment. Academia will use this video as a cast study of whiteness, white fragility courses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 09:33 AM

383 posts, read 170,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
All those other threads talking about her, people think she is mentally unstable. I keep telling people that there are too many women VPs just like her working in NYC. I've seen too many working from various NYC firms, the key is that they always have to win an argument regardless they are wrong simply because they are privileged by their position of power at work. People get to massage their egos too, especially gay men love to massage the egos of powerful white women in charge.
They indeed always have to win the argument, not only because of their position at work, but the way they have been raised. Now it sounds "cute" describing this pathologically hysterical woman as mentally unstable.

Now, take a black woman (or man), describe them as mentally unstable, what would public opinion think? That they may be dangerous, that they need to be arrested, that they are certainly on drug, live in a high crime area blablabla. But this unstable woman should run free?

Old 05-27-2020, 09:34 AM

143 posts, read 297,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
He or she isn't blaming the police. They are simply saying that this woman tried to use the poor racial angle of a "scared white woman" being "attacked" by a "big bad black man" to get the cops to rush to the scene. She was using that as a threat to say I don't have to leash my dog, and if you push me, I will get the cops on you. Sad but comical at the same time. She knew what she was doing, and she knows that line has worked in the past, as sometimes the only evidence is the 911 call to cops with no video.
This tactic was touched upon in the movie, "Get Out". Actually, this whole incident reminds me of the message of that movie.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:38 AM

18,359 posts, read 31,435,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
Not to generalize, but women like her (as you can see in the video), if done to her, would have hysterically ordered someone to put a leash on their dog... you know these people and their sense of entitlement. The issue with this type of people and especially women (no offense) is they have very high expectations but it is always a one-way street. And she was ready to endanger this man's life because of her whims and entitlement habits.

And I'm stressing it again, why is it always this type of people/women entitled to exert their "right" to enforce the law, and not a (black) man? This is a recurring pattern and then they wanna complain they're being called "Karen"'s

YES, that you brought that up, I think I can actually envision that, her carrying on that he didn't have his dog on a leash, and the park rules are, wah wah wah.

yes, I agree with you

Old 05-27-2020, 10:17 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,600,744 times
how dumb is this woman

Old 05-27-2020, 10:34 AM

18,359 posts, read 31,435,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
how dumb is this woman

dumber than dumb,

the minute he pulled out the phone and started recording, she should have of shut her mouth, but the more she spoke the deeper the hole she was digging.
Stop recording me, once she said that, and she realized he was not going to stop, thats when she started with, oh yeah, I'll call the cops and say a black man, no wait, I'll say an african american man is threatening me, yeah, thats what I'll do, so by this time, she had to play the part.

dumber than dumb,

those few minutes, like she stated, have destroyed her life, and it has.
Once I saw it on the news this morning, I thought to myself, this chick has just ruined her life for years to come. She really will have to move out of the city, I believe from what i read, she was from Canada

Now, it was as if she was bribing him to a degree, if i call the police, Im going to say there is an african american man.......

hello, like WTF was that all about????how did she know if he was indeed African, I'm not gonna lie, I just would have said a black man, he is a black man, duh????but.......she knew not to say black, but the PC name, african american.....how did she not know if he was hatian, or the like, but chose Africa....not every black person is from African descent....

dumber than dumb

Old 05-27-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
dumber than dumb,

the minute he pulled out the phone and started recording, she should have of shut her mouth, but the more she spoke the deeper the hole she was digging.
Stop recording me, once she said that, and she realized he was not going to stop, thats when she started with, oh yeah, I'll call the cops and say a black man, no wait, I'll say an african american man is threatening me, yeah, thats what I'll do, so by this time, she had to play the part.

dumber than dumb,

those few minutes, like she stated, have destroyed her life, and it has.
Once I saw it on the news this morning, I thought to myself, this chick has just ruined her life for years to come. She really will have to move out of the city, I believe from what i read, she was from Canada

Now, it was as if she was bribing him to a degree, if i call the police, Im going to say there is an african american man.......

hello, like WTF was that all about????how did she know if he was indeed African, I'm not gonna lie, I just would have said a black man, he is a black man, duh????but.......she knew not to say black, but the PC name, african american.....how did she not know if he was hatian, or the like, but chose Africa....not every black person is from African descent....

dumber than dumb
If I was her, I would have started dancing during the recording. Probably dancing Thriller dance moves. Lol. If she is from Canada? This incident will follower her around all 5 white Anglo Saxon Nations like U. S, Canada, Australia, NZ and UK. It will be best to move to a Spanish, Francophone or Lusophone country which do not share the same cultural identity as the Anglo Nations do.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:46 AM

4,328 posts, read 5,072,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Agree. Such people become over zealots. My thing is that this incident is court of public opinion and she lost her job and her dog. Great. Best thing the black man can use do is to sue her.
So wait, I just want to clear up what your saying.

Such “white women” become over zealots. My thing is that this incident is court of public opinion and “white woman” lost her job and the “white woman’s” dog. Great. Best thing “he” can use do is to sue the “white woman”.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:48 AM

11,190 posts, read 9,000,654 times
I wonder which of her "friends" snitched on her...LOL

Old 05-27-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
So wait, I just want to clear up what your saying.

Such “white women” become over zealots. My thing is that this incident is court of public opinion and “white woman” lost her job and the “white woman’s” dog. Great. Best thing “he” can use do is to sue the “white woman”.
This woman tried to call the cops on him and did and made a false report. He can sue for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City