Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 03:53 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times

Advertisements

Intersectionality leads to conflict because intersections are where things collide when every aggrieved party thinks they have right of way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 03:59 PM

34,006 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
Yes, her LinkedIn profile showed she was educated at Waterloo, and she's Canadian.
Coming soon. a Waterloo educated barista who used to be a V.P.

Old 05-27-2020, 04:00 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Intersectionality leads to conflict because intersections are where things collide when every aggrieved party thinks they have right of way.
And it also comes with the generation of new ideas and solutions, some that are absolutely dazzling.

Old 05-27-2020, 04:01 PM

1,274 posts, read 978,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Oh yea, I can see / hear-ish that. Thanks! Man, her LinkedIn profile must be so popular right now.
It was closed after a few hours. She got trashed, I do feel sorry for that part. But again, deserved certainly...

Old 05-27-2020, 04:56 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
If Amy Cooper is a Canadian citizen (and not a dual Canadian-US citizen), then the reports of her donating to Democrat campaigns are either wrong (the donations could have been made by someone with the same name) or she violated the law to make donations as foreign nationals cannot donate to US elections.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:03 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
According to black feminist Kimberle Crenshaw from NYU.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
If Amy Cooper is a Canadian citizen (and not a dual Canadian-US citizen), then the reports of her donating to Democrat campaigns are either wrong (the donations could have been made by someone with the same name) or she violated the law to make donations as foreign nationals cannot donate to US elections.
Good sleuthing, maybe she's an American that went to school in Canada? That or since she's skilled white collar, her company sponsored her. That's a pretty common route and her workplace doesn't seem like it's a two-bit mom and pop operation. That slight weird bit in her talk does seem a bit Canadian to me.

Being a dual Canadian-US citizen does seem like one of the best deals around. Make that money in the US, and if that doesn't work out, there's that safety net just a hop away. I was told that by a couple of Quebecois working down in Miami.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:35 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
dumber than dumb,

the minute he pulled out the phone and started recording, she should have of shut her mouth, but the more she spoke the deeper the hole she was digging.
Stop recording me, once she said that, and she realized he was not going to stop, thats when she started with, oh yeah, I'll call the cops and say a black man, no wait, I'll say an african american man is threatening me, yeah, thats what I'll do, so by this time, she had to play the part.

dumber than dumb,

those few minutes, like she stated, have destroyed her life, and it has.
Once I saw it on the news this morning, I thought to myself, this chick has just ruined her life for years to come. She really will have to move out of the city, I believe from what i read, she was from Canada

Now, it was as if she was bribing him to a degree, if i call the police, Im going to say there is an african american man.......

hello, like WTF was that all about????how did she know if he was indeed African, I'm not gonna lie, I just would have said a black man, he is a black man, duh????but.......she knew not to say black, but the PC name, african american.....how did she not know if he was hatian, or the like, but chose Africa....not every black person is from African descent....

dumber than dumb

Maybe she will just kill herself.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Maybe she will just kill herself.
That'd be terrible. There's also a chance that'd weigh heavily on the person who she had the confrontation with which would also be terrible as there's no guarantee that he's that vindictive. He seemed like such a bubbly and nice guy who loved birds in the documentary and it'd be awful if it hurt him, too. A real mea culpa and good deeds as the aftermath is far, far better.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:38 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

lmfao... are you serious ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City