Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 07:03 AM

5,678 posts, read 2,610,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I'm not giving my hopes up,I'll believe it when those dates actually come.
Same. I'm keeping hope alive all those phase dates stick but won't believe it till they arrive.
I need to hold on to hope. By the time phase 4 comes, it will be over 4 months in this lockdown life. It's hard for even introverts to handle at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 10:27 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I'm not giving my hopes up,I'll believe it when those dates actually come.
The riots have set everything back which leads me to this statement.........."See you in 2021

Old 05-31-2020, 10:49 AM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
The riots have set everything back which leads me to this statement.........."See you in 2021
I agree. I would first expect a one week delay to be enacted, which allows a long enough incubation period to understand the tens of thousands protesting within inches of each other affect.

I do not think postponed to 2021, but I do think Phase 1 ends up July, Phase 4 Q4, with longer spacing between phases.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:26 PM

494 posts, read 557,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I agree. I would first expect a one week delay to be enacted, which allows a long enough incubation period to understand the tens of thousands protesting within inches of each other affect.

I do not think postponed to 2021, but I do think Phase 1 ends up July, Phase 4 Q4, with longer spacing between phases.

I think he is going to stick with the 8th for Phase 1. The numbers wont change that drastically in a week, however phase 2 might be delayed. He is just going by the numbers reported. All the people protesting won't start showing serious symptoms until after the 8th and it will take another week or two before it spreads...if the protestors are getting sick, which I don't think they are.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:34 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,599,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyrical View Post
I think he is going to stick with the 8th for Phase 1. The numbers wont change that drastically in a week, however phase 2 might be delayed. He is just going by the numbers reported. All the people protesting won't start showing serious symptoms until after the 8th and it will take another week or two before it spreads...if the protestors are getting sick, which I don't think they are.
Most of them are outdoors, wearing masks, and under 30 years old.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:48 PM

231 posts, read 113,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Most of them are outdoors, wearing masks, and under 30 years old.
The riots were officially supported and sanctioned events, critical for the divide and conquer agenda. It's impossible for Coronavirus transmission with this sort of top down support, the real danger is at a small business or a social engagement, transmission is certain at those unsanctioned engagements.

Old 05-31-2020, 03:22 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
City has to open up; both Fredo's big brother and Sam the Eagle know what a mess economically things are, and they've got to get back to some sort of routine.

Both seem to be hoping against all odds Congress/DT come riding to the rescue with some huge second round of stimulus money, but don't hold your breath on that one. Something might trickle down eventually, but likely won't be nearly enough to make city/state whole.

PUA UI benefits run out at end of July, and don't see that being extended. Nor the 13 week UI extension that came with same stimulus package either. People and businesses need to sort themselves out and start dealing with the new reality of life post covid-19.

City already had an usually high number of households that were busted and or close enough that any little thing could push them over edge economically. Longer things stay on lock down it just increases people looking for someone else to carry them, which city nor state quite frankly can afford atm.

NYC had a pretty good run this past decade, but that all can change permanently or at least in foreseeable future. If tourism remains low, businesses don't come back/drastically change how they operate, real estate/construction deals slow or stop, etc... this town is going to be in for a world of hurt. More so because BdeB and city council have spent like drunken sailors in a whowa house these past several years.

Old 05-31-2020, 03:27 PM

126 posts, read 66,171 times
Is it true a lot of people are getting paid more on unemployment than they were when they were working right now?

Old 05-31-2020, 03:34 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius76 View Post
Is it true a lot of people are getting paid more on unemployment than they were when they were working right now?
Do the math....

PUA is an automatic $600.

NYS UI starts at around $172 minimum, but you can do exact sums from here: https://labor.ny.gov/formsdocs/ui/IA318.2.pdf

Basically off the bat for wage employed persons who qualify is $772 per week.

Someone who had a job paying $13/hr and worked a 40/hr week only made around $520.... You see where this is going?

You can see why some people across the country aren't thrilled when their local areas start reopening and or they get return to work notices from employers.

Ohio and some other states are now asking or requiring employers to rat out on employees who will not return when called. This so states can stop their UI benefits.

Not sure how Pelosi and Schumer got PUA past Mitch McConnell and GOP first time around, but the latter has woken up, and it won't happen again under their watch is current message.

Old 05-31-2020, 03:58 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Do the math....

PUA is an automatic $600.

NYS UI starts at around $172 minimum, but you can do exact sums from here: https://labor.ny.gov/formsdocs/ui/IA318.2.pdf

Basically off the bat for wage employed persons who qualify is $772 per week.

Someone who had a job paying $13/hr and worked a 40/hr week only made around $520.... You see where this is going?

You can see why some people across the country aren't thrilled when their local areas start reopening and or they get return to work notices from employers.

Ohio and some other states are now asking or requiring employers to rat out on employees who will not return when called. This so states can stop their UI benefits.

Not sure how Pelosi and Schumer got PUA past Mitch McConnell and GOP first time around, but the latter has woken up, and it won't happen again under their watch is current message.
What about the stipulation that small business loans won't be forgiven unless they hire 75% of their work force back within a certain time frame? If they refuse to go back to work, can't they then be fired for "cause" and not be entitled to benefits any more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City