Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 12:41 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,236,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
Yet as we speak thousands of thugs and savages are running wild in the streets, AND NONE ARE SOCIAL DISTANCING. But the local hair barber, bike shop, nail salon, hardware store are all out of friggin business because of covid?

Gimme a break. I'm done hearing from Cuomocakes and comrade about phase this and phase that. It's all a hoax.
it's not a hoax and you're full of it. sorry but the entire world isn't conspiring against President Cheese Doodles.

the vast majority of people are social distancing outdoors. to be fair there are definitely more people out than when this all started.

i mean if you want to cherry pick and call anyone not social distancing thugs and savages and then say none of them are social distancing you'd be correct. I'm sure there are in fact thousands of them. There are 9 million people in this city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 05:11 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,614,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
I'm pro urbanist and I don't like de Blasio
Me too, I want better politicians. However, what the OP is complaining about is apples to oranges. What NYC needs/needed to do has little in relation to Long Island. If I saw someone out without a mask at Broadway Mall in Hicksville, there's no way in hell I could conceivably relate that to what's going on in the city. It just doesn't make sense.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:10 AM

874 posts, read 728,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
Me too, I want better politicians. However, what the OP is complaining about is apples to oranges. What NYC needs/needed to do has little in relation to Long Island. If I saw someone out without a mask at Broadway Mall in Hicksville, there's no way in hell I could conceivably relate that to what's going on in the city. It just doesn't make sense.

you have millions who STILL dont have unemployment, and if a business owner opens they are a criminal.

cops have taken social distancing enforcement way to serious

now the city is burning

Old 05-30-2020, 06:24 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,043,702 times
-Bad Economy/Unemployment
-Summer
-Riots/Protest
-DAT/No cash bail laws
-Thousands of released inmates
-Liberal Mayor

Is a recipe for disaster. I feel a crime wave coming.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:27 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,043,702 times
The blatant decline of quality of life on trains is alarming. Just yesterday on trains and in stations, I saw numerous people smoking inside cars, walking from car to car, people drinking on stairs, blasting music in stations..not to mention half the people not paying fares...the emergency gates are like revolving doors now...

Old 05-30-2020, 06:56 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times
You Bots are really tedious.

De Blasio won the mayoralty with 67% of the vote, a massive landslide yet the neo-Nazi cadres on this forum yammer and yammer about his unfitness. Do any of you even know how to SPELL democracy?

He's the mayor...get over it. Or, better yet, MOVE.

Last edited by Kefir King; 05-30-2020 at 07:06 AM..

Old 05-30-2020, 07:15 AM

34,035 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
You Bots are really tedious.

De Blasio won the mayoralty with 67% of the vote, a massive landslide yet the neo-Nazi cadres on this forum yammer and yammer about his unfitness. Do any of you even know how to SPELL democracy?

He's the mayor...get over it. Or, better yet, MOVE.
All these ppl voted for Lhota? Yeah right

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-30-2020, 07:21 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times
They all seem to hate New York City and State and yet, here they STAY...why?
Kentucky, Tennessee, South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia are all available and would suit their mentality better.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:22 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
They all seem to hate New York City and State and yet, here they STAY...why?
Kentucky, Tennessee, South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia are all available and would suit their mentality better.
I like Appalachia--leave them out of this

Old 05-30-2020, 04:36 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,236,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
you have millions who STILL dont have unemployment, and if a business owner opens they are a criminal.

cops have taken social distancing enforcement way to serious

now the city is burning
now they aren't. there is no need to tell blatant lies like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City