Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2020, 12:51 PM

11,630 posts, read 12,691,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
I agree with all of this.
MLK is one of the greatest human beings in the history of this country and he accomplished so much.

Another amazing human being is Rachael Robinson, the wife of Jackie Robinson.She is 97 years old and doesn't have a bitter bone in her body which amazes me. The absolute crap she had to go through growing up, the crap she had to go through with her husband which surely drove him into an early grave is absolutely disgusting. If she detested white people it would make perfect sense. Her life would have been so much better if it wasn't for the racist horse**** she had to go through. Then on the other end of the spectrum we have a ton of young black people who blame whitey for everything wrong in their lives. It's not that they grew up without a dad, have a poor education with a victim and hood mentality- nope it's all whitey.
Not to derail the thread-I've seen Rachel Robinson in several interviews. She is a lovely, lovely woman who doesn't get the acclaim that she deserves. She appears to not hold grudges against any particular group of people, but rather judges people on an individual basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 02:29 PM

910 posts, read 752,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
We will likely have blackouts on a less scale if there is a combination of high heat and AC usage, With more people home due to unemployment and covid concerns.
It will be a rough Summer in many places

Live PD and Cops have been pulled from TV even. There is a fear of the slightest provactation despite the officers being indicted already. We were divided before and now its even worse. We have the pandemic, race conflicts, class conflicts, mass unemployment and a break down of law and order. Who knows what else is coming. Its very sad it has come to this. It had already been going in the wrong direction under the news of a great economy and strong foundation.

All the "be positive" and "we will rise stronger" messages feel like lip service and false hope. Its like watching a train speeding toward a collapsed bridge.
What we have now is indeed a total breakdown of law and order on all levels (including the so called "conservative sides"). When you have army generals WILLFULLY opposing a Presidential order, we are done. I would have said the exact same thing if the generals had disrespected Obama...they would not have dared do that to a Black President.

I am no fan of Trump, but this is out of control and needs to stop before more of us think of more drastic measures to protect our homes and families. Our patience has limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw
I agree with most of what you're saying.
I don't even understand the protests considering they all got fired the next day and the murderer was arrested. But we all saw the video. He should rot in a cell for the rest of his life. He absolutely is enttitled to due process, but it's not some edited clip, it's murder.
Indeed. However, in a civilized country, these matters are dealt with by juries and judges (preferably judges, because juries are not fair usually in mass societies of today) but it is what it is. Any American or foreigner should have free speech and is entitled by that to say whether they think those cops are murderers or not. I make no complaint about that. I myself think that the video proves all we need to know. But when you have PRESS SECRETARIES and the state apparatus that is not related to the judicial system making hefty calls of judgment before there is even a trial, I am deeply concerned.

See, for these type of people, there is never closure, there is never "enough". They are out for blood because they are parasites and parasites always need blood. That is my concern. As you said, anybody who murders should be punished swiftly and dealt with due process. But the "protests" are about fundamentally changing this country and sadly, most Americans have fallen for the bait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw
t's beyond insane. racism is horrible, police brutality and corrupt cops are horrible.and a lot more needs to be done on these issues.
Absolutely. We all have work to do on these issues though. Racism is not just "KKK white people". There is plenty of racism on all sides to go around and that needs to change. Did you see the video of the Black girl in Brooklyn saying to a Jew "I hate Jews, I hope you get this on camera"? NOT A WORD from the media overlords. Not a single news outlet of national importance reported it as they DID do with "Central Park Karen" who did not even say she hated Blacks.

This is madness.

I also know many successful Black people and they absolutely agree with me and many others on these issues. They are silenced out by the lemmings, just as the silent majority of Whites do not behave like those bored and spoiled rich antifa thugs.

The pandemic has many "youths" permanently locked down and unemployed with no future in the democrat states. No wonder they are outraged. I would be too! Then you have people who are just plain opportunist monsters waiting for any event so they can loot and steal. Nothing new there.

I agree 100% with everything you've said in your comments too.

Old 06-06-2020, 04:08 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Not to derail the thread-I've seen Rachel Robinson in several interviews. She is a lovely, lovely woman who doesn't get the acclaim that she deserves. She appears to not hold grudges against any particular group of people, but rather judges people on an individual basis.
She's incredible. I would totally understand her holding grudges but she doesn't.
She was also a nurse after her husband retired from baseball.

Old 06-06-2020, 04:09 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
What we have now is indeed a total breakdown of law and order on all levels (including the so called "conservative sides"). When you have army generals WILLFULLY opposing a Presidential order, we are done. I would have said the exact same thing if the generals had disrespected Obama...they would not have dared do that to a Black President.

I am no fan of Trump, but this is out of control and needs to stop before more of us think of more drastic measures to protect our homes and families. Our patience has limits.

Indeed. However, in a civilized country, these matters are dealt with by juries and judges (preferably judges, because juries are not fair usually in mass societies of today) but it is what it is. Any American or foreigner should have free speech and is entitled by that to say whether they think those cops are murderers or not. I make no complaint about that. I myself think that the video proves all we need to know. But when you have PRESS SECRETARIES and the state apparatus that is not related to the judicial system making hefty calls of judgment before there is even a trial, I am deeply concerned.

See, for these type of people, there is never closure, there is never "enough". They are out for blood because they are parasites and parasites always need blood. That is my concern. As you said, anybody who murders should be punished swiftly and dealt with due process. But the "protests" are about fundamentally changing this country and sadly, most Americans have fallen for the bait.

Absolutely. We all have work to do on these issues though. Racism is not just "KKK white people". There is plenty of racism on all sides to go around and that needs to change. Did you see the video of the Black girl in Brooklyn saying to a Jew "I hate Jews, I hope you get this on camera"? NOT A WORD from the media overlords. Not a single news outlet of national importance reported it as they DID do with "Central Park Karen" who did not even say she hated Blacks.

This is madness.

I also know many successful Black people and they absolutely agree with me and many others on these issues. They are silenced out by the lemmings, just as the silent majority of Whites do not behave like those bored and spoiled rich antifa thugs.

The pandemic has many "youths" permanently locked down and unemployed with no future in the democrat states. No wonder they are outraged. I would be too! Then you have people who are just plain opportunist monsters waiting for any event so they can loot and steal. Nothing new there.

Sorry to nitpick, but Jews are not a race. So what the black girl was doing was a different type of "ism."

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-06-2020, 04:20 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post

This is madness.

I thought the woman in central park was a complete idiot. The guy asking her to put a leash on her dog was extremely polite, completely in the right and she was an idiot who overreacted. For all I know maybe she is a complete racist but nothing in that video told me that. She had no right to call the cops on him but she struck me way more as a spoiled you know what than a racist. The media played it up as a race issue when it really wasn't one. I honestly thinks she calls the cops on him if he was white.

I've seen people get eviscerated for saying all lives matter. They try and explain to me that it's an issue because of how black people in this country have been treated historically and still are today in many cases. i agree racism is still an issue and is disgusting. But it's absolutely racist to only think a black life mattered if it was ended by a white person or even better a white cop. I absolutely think police officers should be held to a higher standard than a regular citizen but the black life ended by them matters just as much as the life ended at the hands of another black person.
The Trayvon Martin thing was even more absurd. Let's say Zimmerman was 100 percent in the wrong and what he did was muder. Fine. He was a Hispanic citizen who killed a black kid. The media tried to portray him as white, which is isn't because that gets better ratings. I think Zimmerman is a piece of human garbage but him killing Martin was no worse or more tragic than all of the other black kids who get killed. I remember during his trial reading about the murder of a little black boy who was about 6 years old. His dad was a gang member who killed someone in another gang. The rival gang to get revenge lured the 6 year old into an alley with a basketball and killed him. It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard about. And course it's not even getting revenge because the little boy's father didn't care about him or take care of him. But it didn't fit the narrative so the 6 year old innocent child's black life didn't matter.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:09 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,899,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Racism IS the history of this country...for 400 years.

And slavery was the history of Africa ... for thousands of years.

Africans capturing, buying, and selling fellow Africans to each other, and later to Arabs, and later still to Europeans. Until the White European Colonialists abolished African slavery in the 19th century.

Had Europeans never entered Africa, today's American blacks might still be living in Africa, killing and enslaving each other. But thanks to White Europeans, it isn't so.

Credit where credit is due.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:14 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,144,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Racism IS the history of this country...for 400 years.

It goes back further than your John Wayne movies extolling white supremacy. The hanging of black men predates the Constitution. The Constitution was written to EXTOL white rights.

Wow you're so woke. Lets hear your all about your oppression.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Sorry to nitpick, but Jews are not a race. So what the black girl was doing was a different type of "ism."
Whatever. Do you honestly think that if it had been a White woman or worse yet, a White male saying "I hate Jews" it would not have hit the national press and all the major networks? It absolutely would have and the story would have been running for weeks and weeks until the person´s life was completely destroyed.

Just today the NY Times ran an editorial and among its recommendations was to say to stop visiting your relatives until they contributed to Black Lives Matter causes. Disgusting that this is the level of cultural subversion we are seeing in the NY Times...a MAJOR news outlet.

Back to my point though, whether Jews are a race or not is irrelevant. The fact is that the media paints a very different picture when Whites do something nasty...but nastiness can be seen in all races and ethnicities and religions. I don´t accept the "only Whites are evil" narrative they have pushed for the past 50 years in this country. No sane person does and even Blacks in Africa are appalled at how this happens in the US.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:33 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Best think Trump could do now is to start a war somewhere. A real war. Mark my words.
Funny, I said that during last weekend bbq.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
I thought the woman in central park was a complete idiot. The guy asking her to put a leash on her dog was extremely polite, completely in the right and she was an idiot who overreacted. For all I know maybe she is a complete racist but nothing in that video told me that. She had no right to call the cops on him but she struck me way more as a spoiled you know what than a racist. The media played it up as a race issue when it really wasn't one. I honestly thinks she calls the cops on him if he was white.

I've seen people get eviscerated for saying all lives matter. They try and explain to me that it's an issue because of how black people in this country have been treated historically and still are today in many cases. i agree racism is still an issue and is disgusting. But it's absolutely racist to only think a black life mattered if it was ended by a white person or even better a white cop. I absolutely think police officers should be held to a higher standard than a regular citizen but the black life ended by them matters just as much as the life ended at the hands of another black person.
The Trayvon Martin thing was even more absurd. Let's say Zimmerman was 100 percent in the wrong and what he did was muder. Fine. He was a Hispanic citizen who killed a black kid. The media tried to portray him as white, which is isn't because that gets better ratings. I think Zimmerman is a piece of human garbage but him killing Martin was no worse or more tragic than all of the other black kids who get killed. I remember during his trial reading about the murder of a little black boy who was about 6 years old. His dad was a gang member who killed someone in another gang. The rival gang to get revenge lured the 6 year old into an alley with a basketball and killed him. It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard about. And course it's not even getting revenge because the little boy's father didn't care about him or take care of him. But it didn't fit the narrative so the 6 year old innocent child's black life didn't matter.
It´s all about the narrative the corporate media pushes. Why they do it? Who knows, but they do benefit from it and in the process have managed to completely wreck this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City