Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 08:42 AM

6,432 posts, read 3,137,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
It's been this way for a long time. The mainstream media/politicians are always finding some bogeyman to divide and manipulate people. Haven't you noticed how negative the news always is?
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Are you cracking skulls out there, dude?? Crack a skull for me..
One or two (at least!!) for me, too.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Academia and media blame the invisible white supremacy for all of this.
"White supremacy" or "white privilege"..............what a joke!!! The only thing my white skin got me, was the opportunity to get a job, where I WORKED mostly 6 days a week, sometimes 7, minimum 8 hours a day, sometimes as much as 14, and oh, before I forget, rotating shift work, such a joy!! After doing that for 40 years, to pay my bills, I just feel SO privileged...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 09:05 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I agree!

"White supremacy" or "white privilege"..............what a joke!!! The only thing my white skin got me, was the opportunity to get a job, where I WORKED mostly 6 days a week, sometimes 7, minimum 8 hours a day, sometimes as much as 14, and oh, before I forget, rotating shift work, such a joy!! After doing that for 40 years, to pay my bills, I just feel SO privileged...........
I love all the celebrities telling people to protest/riot, etc while they are safe in their gated communities with millions in the bank.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:50 AM

1,486 posts, read 988,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I agree!

Even if we take race out of your life experience, in all that time:

Have you ever been arrested for just walking down a street?
Have you been stopped by cops for being in a neighborhood where someone don't think you belong?
Have you even been pulled over and our vehicle searched just because they are looking for drugs?
Have an officer ever stole money from you under civil forfeiture and make you go though the process to prove its yours and not using it for criminal activity?
Have you been asked to prove you are a guest/resident of a luxury hotel/apartment building while using a common space based on your looks alone?
Have anyone ever followed you around a store while you were shopping to make sure you are not stealing?
Have law enforcement ever killed one of your friends or family members for breaking no laws?

Its human nature to feel comfortable around others who look like our own reflection. This is how most communities are created. Maybe your circle prevented similar situation listed above from happening to you in your life everyone looked similar, who knows.

Our experiences in life defines who we are later in life and unless you walk in someone else shoes that went through similar things like listed above you would not understand why so many people are upset.

I've had colleagues who never believed me when I told them certain things happen to me throughout my life and it wasn't until they started hanging out with me more often they started to see it for themselves. In the end they started to be more outraged than I was when these things occur when they were with me and they couldn't understand why I was so calm about these things while its happening. They finally understood it was happening to me for so long im numb to it. Most people are numb to it who grew up in that type of environment.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:01 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,882,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Let them burn the leftist parts of the city. That’s where they are right now. Who cares? Pull the whole PD back. Not worth even a papercut to protect what democrat voters own.
Dude you need to retire early and move out of NY.

You seem to strongly dislike liberal policies but I hate to state the completely obvious fact that NYC is going to be liberal for the foreseeable future.

I don't like DeBlasio anymore than you do, but you constantly fixate on it being due to liberal idealogies. And the fact remains that you would be happier in North Carolina or Texas than here.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:01 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
And 1-2-3. We have a new conspiracy theory to add to the thousands already out there, increasing widespread mental illness.

Exactly!!!

There are REAL conspiracies, and NONSENSE conspiracies. This one is clearly of the latter sort.

The only truth is that another black man was murdered buy ANOTHER racist cop.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:04 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,765,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Exactly!!!

There are REAL conspiracies, and NONSENSE conspiracies. This one is clearly of the latter sort.

The only truth is that another black man was murdered by ANOTHER racist cop.
Yep. Pretty much.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:06 AM

Who is the ultimate arbiter/owner/administrator of Citi-data?

Old 05-31-2020, 10:14 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Are you cracking skulls out there, dude?? Crack a skull for me..

Explain the below to me? how is that not attempted murder? It looks like she is going to get probation or something..

https://nypost.com/2020/05/31/feds-c...ktail-at-nypd/
I have weekends off so I was done before it started but I’m sure tomorrow will be fun.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-31-2020, 11:02 AM

Is the wish for "cracking skulls" grounds for a TOS violation?

Old 05-31-2020, 11:05 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Lol. Our resident communist is awake today. One would think you’d be tired after putting your neck on the line for your ideology last night. Oh wait...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: