Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 10:16 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,783,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
It's all about two things

"All Police are Racist"
"Trump out in November"

These politicians really think allowing looting will push trump out in November when in fact it's having an opposite effect. It show how bad democratic leadership is when shulit hits the fan. And it scares law abiding people.

Just my opinion, but I believe when chaos comes, people tend to get more conservative regardless of who the politician is. Cuomo and DiBlasio lock us up for three months and call us all killers if we go out out, then they praise super-spreading mobs of people for over a week while allowing the city to descend into anarchy. I am an independent, but most certainly not leaning Democrat now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 10:24 AM

3,687 posts, read 3,412,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
just my opinion, but i believe when chaos comes, people tend to get more conservative regardless of who the politician is. Cuomo and diblasio lock us up for three months and call us all killers if we go out out, then they praise super-spreading mobs of people for over a week while allowing the city to descend into anarchy. I am an independent, but most certainly not leaning democrat now.
100%

Old 06-04-2020, 10:28 AM

6,276 posts, read 3,021,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
It's all about two things

"All Police are Racist"
"Trump out in November"

These politicians really think allowing looting will push trump out in November when in fact it's having an opposite effect. It show how bad democratic leadership is when shulit hits the fan. And it scares law abiding people.

I agree......

Old 06-04-2020, 10:30 AM

3,687 posts, read 3,412,890 times
Quote:
just my opinion, but i believe when chaos comes, people tend to get more conservative regardless of who the politician is. Cuomo and diblasio lock us up for three months and call us all killers if we go out out, then they praise super-spreading mobs of people for over a week while allowing the city to descend into anarchy. I am an independent, but most certainly not leaning democrat now.
100%

Old 06-04-2020, 11:13 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,620,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
The Mayor has lost control of NYC.

Let the cops do their job of keeping control or bring in the National Guard.

How many more nights of rioting will Deblasio allow to continue.
NYC like numerous other cities across the US are following the same tactics. It's (nearly) all property damage, sit back, catch as much as possible on film, insurance will deal with loses, look at films later and hunt down perps.

Outside the US, LE is assisted by the military, use tear gas and mobile water canons. When firing weapons, usually rubber bullets are used.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:16 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,552,712 times
The perfect storm. If they don't call the national guard, it will get worse.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:20 AM

12,192 posts, read 7,153,740 times
Quote:
Just my opinion, but I believe when chaos comes, people tend to get more conservative regardless of who the politician is. Cuomo and DiBlasio lock us up for three months and call us all killers if we go out out, then they praise super-spreading mobs of people for over a week while allowing the city to descend into anarchy. I am an independent, but most certainly not leaning Democrat now.
Anyone even leaning Democrat now is out of their minds or so brainwashed by the liberal media that they are not even thinking but just following just like sheep.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:24 AM

18,372 posts, read 31,484,458 times
Quote:
The one officer stabbed in the neck got stabbed because he was on 'anti-looting patrol.' It appears that the gun went off while defending himself from the stabber, not because they were the Keystone cops. When someone stabs a person in the neck, they are going for the kill. He is alive by pure luck.

But, in what ABSURD scenario do we have regular 'anti-looting' patrols? Boarded up everything? Burned out cars everywhere? Shattered glass and garbage. Thugs throwing cement, bricks, and Molotov cocktails at police?

The looting, arson and violence should have been stopped on the SECOND NIGHT with the National Guard. DiBlasio and Cuomo can't get their act together to bring law and order to the city. Or, rather, they won't. But they were really good at locking up the entire population for three months.

We have mob rule in the city and we are gaslighted by the media that persists with the Peaceful Protest Lie. Law abiding people like myself are locked up, unable to open my business or buy something at an actual store. I have to stand in a grocery line for an hour on a stupid piece of duct tape, advancing forward only when told. Because Covid. But when enough people just decide to disobey that order, and it is allowed by the Governor and Mayor, that is called mob rule, not a protest.

EXACTLY !!!!!

This is BS that Cuomo and Deb have allowed this to go on for this long, shame on the both of them, they both need to be booted out.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:32 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,620,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The perfect storm. If they don't call the national guard, it will get worse.
Who will do nothing to protect property. For example:

Tennessee National Guard troops lay down riot shields at protesters’ request

Quote:
National Guard troops lay down their shields at the request of protesters
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...sters-request/

Old 06-04-2020, 11:41 AM

12,192 posts, read 7,153,740 times
Can these businesses that have been robbed sue the city for not having the police to protect them?

You pay all these taxes to the city for services, like police protection, and yet you get nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City