Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 04:34 AM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times

Advertisements

A small pharmacy in Rego Park was also boarded up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 06:19 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,899,605 times
BLM planned a protest march through the streets of Forest Hills for today. To meet at McDonald's Park at 2 p.m. Then march through the streets "peacefully but loudly" at 3 p.m.

https://youtu.be/rONmkuDfBTI

Old 06-07-2020, 04:54 AM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
BLM planned a protest march through the streets of Forest Hills for today. To meet at McDonald's Park at 2 p.m. Then march through the streets "peacefully but loudly" at 3 p.m.

https://youtu.be/rONmkuDfBTI
I guess it was good those Austin Street stores were boarded up just in case.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:17 AM

34 posts, read 30,071 times
It's amazing the things that are said on this site, but somehow "racism" doesn't exist. This is the problem, i hope that people can really think about why these things are happening, this is from years and years of discrimination, disenfranchisement, and brutality. Please people look up at history, look at the atrocities that country has committed, please don't turn a blind eye to this. I'm not excusing people taking advantage of this situation by violent but let's not forget why all this is happening, open your eyes, stop wishing harm on people. Stop calling people names and belittling them, this is real, and when one man decided to take a silent knee for protest it was too much for people. Now we have this, use this as opportunity to educate yourself and have empathy. We have to do better as a people. Better than this.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:19 AM

34,010 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5mser View Post
It's amazing the things that are said on this site, but somehow "racism" doesn't exist. This is the problem, i hope that people can really think about why these things are happening, this is from years and years of discrimination, disenfranchisement, and brutality. Please people look up at history, look at the atrocities that country has committed, please don't turn a blind eye to this. I'm not excusing people taking advantage of this situation by violent but let's not forget why all this is happening, open your eyes, stop wishing harm on people. Stop calling people names and belittling them, this is real, and when one man decided to take a silent knee for protest it was too much for people. Now we have this, use this as opportunity to educate yourself and have empathy. We have to do better as a people. Better than this.
The term "keyboard warrior" comes to mind.

No secret, there are racists and bots on C-D, they veil their comments to stay within ToS guidelines but nobody's fooled.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-07-2020, 09:23 AM

357 posts, read 125,274 times
Exactly, the comments made are a true reflection of who people are, and since we can't see each other or know where people live and hang out at, they can speak to who they truly are in these forums.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now Justice 81 View Post
Exactly, the comments made are a true reflection of who people are, and since we can't see each other or know where people live and hang out at, they can speak to who they truly are in these forums.
That's why I really don't sweat it

I prefer the truth over a lie

Old 06-07-2020, 09:51 AM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5mser View Post
Again, I ask for specific examples. What do you think is Racist on this board?
Signed
- A Bot

Old 06-07-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Again, I ask for specific examples. What do you think is Racist on this board?
Signed
- A Bot
Why should somebody have to provide a grown adult (I think) capable of comprehension and basic problem-solving with examples? You manage to pay your bills and do everything else, and can't figure this out on your own?

We're kidding ourselves if you really think this forum is a bastion of racial, social, and economic harmony, overall its not. Hell, IRL overall its not. So why would you need examples?

Signed,

NYC MoD

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City