Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 07:37 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,561,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
After watching the video can you honestly say that?

The man kept his distance, she didnt.
The man repeatedly said please don't come close to me. She kept coming up to him.
She then proceeded to put on a false act while calling 911. You can clearly hear it in her voice acting made it seem like he was getting ready to beat her and rape her.

She did not feel threatened in any way. She acted hysterically then irrationally, then gave into her emotions and her true side came to light. Her train of thought was "How dare this black man tell me what to do, im going to put him in his place" and she did this by using what she knows historically works, the police.

Think about it, if you feel threatened, are you going to constantly get closer to the threat or flee to safety while seeking help? What part of her actions showed her fleeing while seeking help?

If he didn't record that interaction the headlines would have been something ridiculous like "Upper West Side woman with rescue dog attacked by thug in broad daylight"

I believe if she wasn't choking that dog I don't even think this would have blown up as much as it did because the comments I kept seeing was allot of people were more concerned about the dogs well being than what was going to happen when the cops show up to assess a situation based on her voice acting when placing the 911 call.
Very well stated. One of the best I've seen on C-D on this topic. Of course, some people keep trying to project their own fears, beliefs, and narrative to excuse this woman's behavior but the the video is worth a thousand words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 09:08 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,337,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
what was the lie

?
Amy Cooper told the police that a black....excuse me she "corrected" herself and said Afr-Amer. man was threatening her. This was a blatant lie. For u to even ask me that...did u watch the entire video?

Old 06-12-2020, 10:47 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,634,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Amy Cooper told the police that a black....excuse me she "corrected" herself and said Afr-Amer. man was threatening her. This was a blatant lie. For u to even ask me that...did u watch the entire video?
He threatened her dog, that's close enough to threatening her. What she said was factual, but she threw in his skin color to try to elicit a stronger police response which is definitely racist but I don't see how that could be illegal

Anyone have the full video? it's been impossible to find, every news place has it censored/edited so you don't see the beginning of the video where he tries to lure and take the dog with treats he carries for that purpose

Old 06-12-2020, 11:07 PM

48 posts, read 27,377 times
Quote:
Be that as it may, the confederate flag was the symbol of the losing side in the civil war. I don't care myself but if people want to rip down their statues and flags I have no problem with it because losers shouldn't get participation trophies. Don't destroy the statues though, put them in a museum somewhere or in state archives.

Civilized societies don't erase history, they learn from it
Ok great. So when do we tear down every American Indian statue and rename every street, city and town named after them?

Old 06-13-2020, 02:20 AM

1,486 posts, read 976,995 times
Quote:
He threatened her dog, that's close enough to threatening her. What she said was factual, but she threw in his skin color to try to elicit a stronger police response which is definitely racist but I don't see how that could be illegal

Anyone have the full video? it's been impossible to find, every news place has it censored/edited so you don't see the beginning of the video where he tries to lure and take the dog with treats he carries for that purpose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3sDJmQRVMk

I do not believe there is a video of him calling the dog to give it a treat to **** her off so she would leave the area. Just the statements given by him and her prior to the recording.

He started recording her refusal to leash the dog and stopped recording once she leashed the dog.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:19 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,337,104 times
Quote:

He threatened her dog?! Offering a dog treats (if this is what occurred) is not threatening. SHE, however, has been described as threatening by most people due to her behavior (aggressively coming close to the man) AND pulling the dog up off the ground by the neck. THAT was more than threatening the dog as she was injuring it.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:28 AM

1,486 posts, read 976,995 times
Quote:
He threatened her dog?! Offering a dog treats (if this is what occurred) is not threatening. SHE, however, has been described as threatening by most people due to her behavior (aggressively coming close to the man) AND pulling the dog up off the ground by the neck. THAT was more than threatening the dog as she was injuring it.
I wonder if the dog could talk during that whole 1 minute video its words be "I cant breathe"

Old 06-13-2020, 10:00 AM

8,225 posts, read 4,293,174 times
I support it only if it is called Amy Cooper-Tawana Brawley Law. Same laws and legal treatment should hold for everyone.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:26 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,634,180 times
Quote:
He threatened her dog?!
Yes, he had the treat to lure the dog away from her and she flipped out and went into the racist rant we all saw. "Central Park Karen" is the perfect nickname for this spaz

Old 06-14-2020, 06:21 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,691,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius76 View Post
Black people are now a protected class in this country. You cannot arrest them when they break the law, call the police when you see a crime, call them out on bad behavior in public or ask even turn them down for a mortgage without them whipping out that cell phone, putting on youtube where the news gets ahold of it, and your life is ruined because of the mob mentality.

Name one, name one group of people who get everything they demand?!?

This is atrocious.

Fact: Blacks are treated less kindly by police and the public
Fact: It is because their own poor reputation that has been observed by the American public for decades
Fact: They complain all the time and throw out the race card haphazardly to the point that its become a joke
Fact: EVERY OTHER ethnicity has come to this country and are doing just fine. You're the only ones that make excuses
Blacks are not a protected class in this country. No matter how much conviction you say with.

In the context of New York, I think we could agree that the Italians, Irish, Jews had it pretty bad. But they didn’t have it worse than blacks did.

The Native Americans aren’t doing “just fine,” but I’m sure you’ll ignore them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City