Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support it?
Yes 58 35.58%
No 87 53.37%
Don`t care 18 11.04%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 01:07 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,234,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Actually this site is full of people that when a black person is killed they scour the internet to dig up all the negative information they can (even when its misinformation) about the person to justify their life being taken.

https://factcheck.afp.com/posts-fals...d-george-floyd
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN23N32J
floyds past is absolutely irrelevant as far as him being murdered goes. That scumbag cop has no right to murder him even if Floyd was the worst person on earth.

But when people try to portray Floyd as a hero, which is absolutely absurd then his past absolutely should be relevant. He's a murder victim not a hero. His murder was terrible but he's no hero. A career criminal and deadbeat dad does not become a hero because he got murdered. With that said people using his past trying to justify his murder are dead wrong.

Eric Gardener was also murdered. People tried to use his past as a justification for his murder which is completely wrong.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:58 PM

19,024 posts, read 13,932,533 times
Eric Garner was murdered. lol

Thank god I can retire. Getting paid to be judged by fools is no longer financially worth it. Especially since you'll still be paying me but I will be able to say and do whatever I want!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Last edited by Airborneguy; 06-19-2020 at 03:02 PM..

Old 06-19-2020, 02:10 PM

714 posts, read 355,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post

So no, I don't support some of the protests if they are combining issues like that. Black Lives Matter - yes. Abolish the Police - no.
Black Lives Matter - NO! A thousand times NO!

What's sad is that the overwhelming number of leftists, in the corporate world, the media, politicians, are lauding a group which is radical, violent, racist, and anti-Semitic! Why the hell do so many leftists support a gang which such heinous characteristics? Characteristics which the left denounces immediately when they are exhibited in groups with which the left does not identify? The left is kissing the feet of these hatemongers. Here in NY DeBlasio is painting Black Lives Matter in huge letters on streets all over the city. And renaming streets in their honor. All with tax payers money.

I find this hypocrisy abhorrent. And very dangerous. I pray for this country if the Dems take control. BLM will have an open invitation to the Whitehouse.

Are you a leftist or just ignorant?

Old 06-19-2020, 03:43 PM

1,486 posts, read 987,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
floyds past is absolutely irrelevant as far as him being murdered goes. That scumbag cop has no right to murder him even if Floyd was the worst person on earth.

But when people try to portray Floyd as a hero, which is absolutely absurd then his past absolutely should be relevant. He's a murder victim not a hero. His murder was terrible but he's no hero. A career criminal and deadbeat dad does not become a hero because he got murdered. With that said people using his past trying to justify his murder are dead wrong.

Eric Gardener was also murdered. People tried to use his past as a justification for his murder which is completely wrong.
When looking at the video, Eric Gardener was an accidental death. Floyd was murder. I always asked myself if the officer was kneeling on his neck how come Floyd didn't use his legs to reposition his body or fight back on the verge of death. Then I read the article that another officer was holding his legs and another his back while the other officer was kneeling on his neck.

Old 01-06-2022, 05:48 AM

5,101 posts, read 2,046,599 times
Sorry for bring back this thread from the dead but George Floyd's 4-year old niece was shot last Saturday in Houston on New Year Day.
https://breaking911.com/george-floyd...d-reports-say/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wXXMTKPQ_o

There was some rumors then it might be black on black crime, let's see how the situation will goes.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:56 PM

2,450 posts, read 971,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Sorry for bring back this thread from the dead but George Floyd's 4-year old niece was shot last Saturday in Houston on New Year Day.
https://breaking911.com/george-floyd...d-reports-say/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wXXMTKPQ_o

There was some rumors then it might be black on black crime, let's see how the situation will goes.
Too bad, so sad.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:22 PM

1,052 posts, read 451,598 times
How's that defund the police stuff working out for the Floyds?

No but seriously, it's sad that she was shot, but let's not pretend like the woke garbage from the Great Awokening of 2020 isn't to blame at least in part.

Old 01-07-2022, 07:03 AM

19,024 posts, read 13,932,533 times
RIP to the little girl, she didn't deserve such a horrible ending. Very sad. This isn't a NYC topic anymore though so I have to close it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City