Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 07:58 AM

15,049 posts, read 10,024,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
If you only cared about your father dying if someone from a different race killed him or if a certain disease killed him i'd say that's ridiculous.
What is ridiculous is that your trying to rationalize along racial lines while my explanation is simply a general statement. If someone came up and revealed that their father died, the circumstances of their father's death is irrelevant to whether the response is one of empathy or one that marginalizes.

This is precisely the attitude that contributes the issues at hand.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:43 AM

3,343 posts, read 1,221,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
What is ridiculous is that your trying to rationalize along racial lines while my explanation is simply a general statement. If someone came up and revealed that their father died, the circumstances of their father's death is irrelevant to whether the response is one of empathy or one that marginalizes.

This is precisely the attitude that contributes the issues at hand.
I agree the circumstances would be irrelevant.
That doesn't change anything I said.

Black deaths are marginalized all of the time if the murderer is black. That's my point and that's the problem.

If you told me your dad was killed I would say I'm sorry and that's horrible.

I would not have one response if he was killed by a white person and a different one if he was killed by a black person the way. We're in total agreement on that.

That's what you're missing. We have a large group of people who only care if a black person dies at the hands of a white person.

Their response should be the same regardless of the race of the killer. Just like mine should be if you told me your dad died regardless of how he died, be it natural causes, an accident, murder, disease etc. Well except for the fact that I would hope he suffered as little as possible of course.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:47 PM

15,049 posts, read 10,024,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
I agree the circumstances would be irrelevant.
That doesn't change anything I said.

That's what you're missing. We have a large group of people who only care if a black person dies at the hands of a white person.
Your missing the point.

It is irrelevant that OTHER people only care under what circumstances someone dies....

You can't control that... but you certainly can control your own response and lack (or showing) of empathy. These posts of yours unintentionally perpetuates the very thing you seek to point out.

Old 06-16-2020, 12:12 AM

3,720 posts, read 1,419,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw887638 View Post
In reality the winner leftists don't give two sh*ts about the loser leftists. Case in point: black america and the democratic party. How can you vote for the same party for decades and not move forward, not stay in place, but drastically fall behind? Malcolm X said it best "nothing more dangerous than a white liberal"
I love white liberals, but I have agree with you.

Old 06-16-2020, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Sicne you bring this up, what's the point of white people getting tans?
LOL good point. You crushed him.

Old 06-16-2020, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
We know where all the SJW bullchit will lead, at least in NYC. Murders will go back up to the multiple four figures. Muggings, street drug dealing, and open prostitution will be a routine part of life. Thanks to the cranked up rent regulation, housing will be allowed to deteriorate, people and businesses will leave in droves. It will make the '70s look like paradise.

Hopefully, before it goes to far, enough people will be shocked enough to shut down this idiocy, and go back to what worked so well.
When murders and crime goes up. White liberals and black academics will be the first to move out and flee for greener pastures.

Old 06-16-2020, 05:00 PM

1,486 posts, read 978,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
LOL good point. You crushed him.
Crushed
I responded based on my knowledge at hand. If you're white maybe you can shed light on why white people tan.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:10 PM

3,343 posts, read 1,221,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Your missing the point.

It is irrelevant that OTHER people only care under what circumstances someone dies....

You can't control that... but you certainly can control your own response and lack (or showing) of empathy. These posts of yours unintentionally perpetuates the very thing you seek to point out.
right i can control what i think and feel.
i feel bad when for any innocent person who gets killed.
i can't control what someone else feels. however i can comment when people spread false narratives and the media blatantly race baits.

Old 06-18-2020, 12:36 PM

88 posts, read 84,379 times
OMG this place is a trip, Is this all racist cops on here? This forum is not indicative of nyc at all....
It's one thing to bring up politics, or PC, it's another to show that you are a total racist, homophobic douchebag, who probably doesn't live in the city anyway.... maybe SI, but jesus, you all probably cheer when you see cops killing innocent black people... what the **** do you care about nyc? OP, please do move out

Old 06-18-2020, 02:14 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,615,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patshep View Post
OMG this place is a trip, Is this all racist cops on here? This forum is not indicative of nyc at all....
It's one thing to bring up politics, or PC, it's another to show that you are a total racist, homophobic douchebag, who probably doesn't live in the city anyway.... maybe SI, but jesus, you all probably cheer when you see cops killing innocent black people... what the **** do you care about nyc? OP, please do move out
Yup, the board has suddenly been inundated, I assume by people who don't live here (I bet Long Island is very well represented).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City