Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 10:51 AM

29 posts, read 12,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Yeah but why is race the defining characteristic? I would like to know what difference it makes what color a murderer or rapist is.
Again
you need to have clear picture because if you don't take factors like race in research you miss stuff like.

Despite being only 13% of the U.S population blacks make up near 50% of homicide victims.

Despite being only 13% of the U.S population blacks make up 33% of the prison population.

What ever theory you believe systemtic racism or cultural factors. It's a problem.

Because you wouln't see there is a racial disparty. Again What ever theory you believe is the cause systemtic racism or cultural factors. It's a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 11:00 AM

[quote=yodel;58393584]
Quote:
Originally Posted by devyg View Post

Why don't you also talk about gender differences relating to crime? They are striking.

When the sex of violent crime offenders is known, men are more than 700% more likely than women to be the perpetrators, despite representing approx 49% of the US population.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-us-by-gender/

Violent and non violent crime correlates highly with poverty, which is a systemic problem. I wonder what the stats would be if you take poverty out of the picture (like what are the racial differences of offenders who aren't in poverty?). I bet your numbers would narrow significantly.

If you take poverty out of the picture and look at the above gender statistics in violent crime, I'd bet that the male/female ratio wouldn't budge. Why aren't you talking about that?

PS I didn't read the article referenced in this thread, but do you think the perpetrator was a man?
In every country on earth men commit more crimes than women. Thats why I don't talk about gender differences. This points to a biological reason for this disparity.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:02 AM

34,093 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Again
you need to have clear picture because if you don't take factors like race in research you miss stuff like.

Despite being only 13% of the U.S population blacks make up near 50% of homicide victims.

Despite being only 13% of the U.S population blacks make up 33% of the prison population.

What ever theory you believe systemtic racism or cultural factors. It's a problem.

Because you wouln't see there is a racial disparty. Again What ever theory you believe is the cause systemtic racism or cultural factors. It's a problem.
Because the USA is a racist country and there is this inherent need for us to focus on race. Because without the concept of racism, then there would be no longer a way to keep people distracted and divided

Furthermore most crime stems from socioeconomic situations, no matter the race. If we solved the socioeconomic problem, then race data would be irrelevant.

You're implying that a human being will commit greater wrong towards society based on their melanin content.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-17-2020, 11:19 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,098 times
Quote:

In every country on earth men commit more crimes than women. Thats why I don't talk about gender differences. This points to a biological reason for this disparity.
That's a cop out (no pun intended). Violent crime rates vary around the world and if the goal is to lower male violent crime, we need to lower violent crime overall not narrow the male/female ratio of crime.

Old 06-17-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Because the USA is a racist country and there is this inherent need for us to focus on race. Because without the concept of racism, then there would be no longer a way to keep people distracted and divided

Furthermore most crime stems from socioeconomic situations, no matter the race. If we solved the socioeconomic problem, then race data would be irrelevant.

You're implying that a human being will commit greater wrong towards society based on their melanin content.
I typed 'What ever theory you believe systemtic racism or cultural factors. It's a problem.' I take a neutral position.I mentioned two positons One where its either cultural (black/brown people fault) or systemic racism (white people fault) perhaps a combionation? Also you said USA is a racist country
You seem to be implying that a human being will commit greater racial wrongs towards society based on their melanin content.

Last edited by devyg; 06-17-2020 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: miss word

Old 06-17-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
That's a cop out (no pun intended). Violent crime rates vary around the world and if the goal is to lower male violent crime, we need to lower violent crime overall not narrow the male/female ratio of crime.
That's a cop out (no pun intended). Even in the safest countries in the world men commit the majority of crimes. Like or not if you want to focus on lowering crime rates you have to focus your resources on who is commiting them. If you are in Norway for example, if low income white males are commiting most of the crimes you should tailor your crime prevention/enforcement to that group. No one has unlimited resources.

Old 06-17-2020, 03:24 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,098 times
Quote:
That's a cop out (no pun intended). Even in the safest countries in the world men commit the majority of crimes. Like or not if you want to focus on lowering crime rates you have to focus your resources on who is commiting them. If you are in Norway for example, if low income white males are commiting most of the crimes you should tailor your crime prevention/enforcement to that group. No one has unlimited resources.
Well, men around the world should learn from women on this one I guess. I don't have any idea how Norway "targets resources" so it's hard to comment. Can't imagine it means racially profiling though! I'm not an expert on Nordic culture, but I had a friend who was there for school and said she found men more "gentle". Actually I can't remember exactly the words she used, but you get the drift. More egalitarian, much lower poverty rate, bigger safety net, stricter gun laws I bet...

Last edited by yodel; 06-17-2020 at 03:35 PM..

Old 06-17-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
Well, men around the world should learn from women on this one I guess. I don't have any idea how Norway "targets resources" so it's hard to comment. Can't imagine it means racially profiling though! I'm not an expert on Nordic culture, but I had a friend who was there for school and said she found men more "gentle". Actually I can't remember exactly the words she used, but you get the drift. More egalitarian, much lower poverty rate, bigger safety net, stricter gun laws I bet...
Ya I agree! There is something about those Nordic countries. Even their prisons are more gentle. I do know during the vikring era Nordic women had more freedom than other societies like owning property. But ya when it comes to this men around the world should learn from women.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:37 PM

34,093 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
I typed 'What ever theory you believe systemtic racism or cultural factors. It's a problem.' I take a neutral position.I mentioned two positons One where its either cultural (black/brown people fault) or systemic racism (white people fault) perhaps a combionation? Also you said USA is a racist country
You seem to be implying that a human being will commit greater racial wrongs towards society based on their melanin content.
How could you take a neutral position, and then present two positions at the same time

We're going in circles because you will not speak your mind, so there's no reason to continue with you.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-17-2020, 10:30 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,429 times
Quote:
Furthermore most crime stems from socioeconomic situations, no matter the race.
Really?

Tell me, what "socioeconomic situations" motivated this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okcj...ature=emb_logo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: