Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 08:38 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,643,935 times

Advertisements

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/07/n...d-funding.html

"Mayor Bill de Blasio on Sunday pledged for the first time to cut the city’s police funding, following 10 nights of mass protests against police violence and mounting demands that he overhaul a department whose tactics have caused widespread consternation.
The mayor declined to say precisely how much funding he planned to divert to social services from the New York Police Department, which has an annual budget of $6 billion, representing more than 6 percent of Mr. de Blasio’s proposed $90 billion budget.
Mr. de Blasio said the details would be worked out with the City Council in advance of the July 1 budget deadline.

“We’re committed to seeing a shift of funding to youth services, to social services, that will happen literally in the course of the next three weeks, but I’m not going to go into detail because it is subject to negotiation and we want to figure out what makes sense,” Mr. de Blasio said."

Hhaha! WOWEE! Well, unreal. Way to cave to BLM but not surprising! Especially since Big Bird does have a black wife. I bet those 1 billion dollars won't even be allocated to anything useful.

For those of you whom don't know any sort of self defense, get on it now. For those of you whom are anti-gun, maybe you will want to reconsider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 08:41 PM

37,238 posts, read 39,519,313 times
There’s still billions more of municipal shortfall to cover, so don’t start cheering yet!

Old 06-15-2020, 08:50 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,582,189 times
Is not just about NYPD. Is about how the city is going to balance the budget. NYPD has always been given a large budget in the past, so with budget cut, it was going to happen no matter what.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:53 PM

16,148 posts, read 6,889,183 times
Excerpt:1 Billion dollar NYPD Defunding proposal

Response: A poster mentioned that defunding the police is different from abolishing. One less cop is one more life lost...

The answer is simple... Either pay for policing or police yourself...... New Yorkers get used to saying " Welcome to Dodge" !

The second amendment has been asleep for too long and New York City is starting to wake up!

Old 06-15-2020, 09:08 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,643,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt:1 Billion dollar NYPD Defunding proposal

Response: A poster mentioned that defunding the police is different from abolishing. One less cop is one more life lost...

The answer is simple... Either pay for policing or police yourself...... New Yorkers get used to saying " Welcome to Dodge" !

The second amendment has been asleep for too long and New York City is starting to wake up!

Amen! Time for New Yorkers to smell the coffee and get with the program!

Old 06-15-2020, 09:34 PM

19,071 posts, read 14,002,182 times
I got my guns baby. Good luck to the rest of you.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-15-2020, 09:50 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,491,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post

I have my coworker's hunting bow.

But in Utah, that did not help

Old 06-15-2020, 09:55 PM

50,442 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
yup

These morons don't understand union contracts and any "defunding" will start with closing other services first. Libraries, parks, other stuff they are used to getting "free".

Be safe and watch your six.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:59 PM

19,071 posts, read 14,002,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
yup

These morons don't understand union contracts and any "defunding" will start with closing other services first. Libraries, parks, other stuff they are used to getting "free".

Be safe and watch your six.
Thank you!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-15-2020, 10:50 PM

6,694 posts, read 6,050,323 times
Two more people told me today they're moving out of NYC. One is a coworker, who literally told her boss she doesn't need to be present at the office ever, and can work from home. He told her that she has his blessings! So off she left!

The other person was a bartender who broke his rent stabilized lease and moved to North Carolina.

I don't think anyone who is from the Natives want to be here when it all comes down...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: