Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 06:42 PM
exm

3,721 posts, read 1,780,351 times

Advertisements

Also going off in Hempstead like crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 07:36 PM

126 posts, read 66,171 times
Goinf off in Westchester County near Bronx border a lot lately. Right now included

Old 06-20-2020, 07:37 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,224,804 times
Its all over the national news....I'm so sorry you are dealng with this...and the poor pets.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:07 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
I saw some live videos on Facebook but can’t tell what neighborhood this is. Anyone know? This looks like fireworks wars between two groups. https://www.facebook.com/Calfunnnnn

Here’s the same guy’s video on tiktok https://www.tiktok.com/@calvinlee/vi...33741437242629

Old 06-21-2020, 05:13 AM

16,050 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Excerpt:Street Fireworks

Response: Same thing in Queens.
Have lost 4 days sleep thus far. Taking pills just to get some sort of sleep.

Starts around 8pm and stops around 4am...

It is not people with canes ,walkers ,or wheel chairs that's for sure.
It is not people that wake up to go to work the next day that's for sure.
It is the same young idiots that were rioting and looting in our streets.
They have graduated from playing on their iphones to playing in the streets
It is always the way..Young aimless people...who want to be heard...but have
nothing of substance to say......

.....and a big one half peace sign to the dopes that defunded the police. You got what you want....

Old 06-21-2020, 06:30 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
July 4th will be like the purge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us_0aLWOa8E

Old 06-21-2020, 06:45 AM

Saw this on FB

From Sons of Baldwin:
PLEASE NOTE: Agents are descending on this thread to discredit and gaslight this observation. Please alert me to them and I will block and delete. Thank you.

Good morning Family,

Reporting from Brooklyn (Bed-Stuy/Bushwick/Crown Heights):

There was yet another night of extremely loud fireworks starting at 8 pm. and ending at about 2 or 3 a.m. Like it's on a set schedule (specifically when people are most likely trying to sleep). This is the second or third week straight of this (it began right after the start of Black Uprising/Great Reckoning); every night during the SAME time period, like clockwork.

Last night was the loudest I have ever heard fireworks in my entire life (and I've lived in NYC for 49 years). This doesn't sound anything like your normal, typical, gearing up for the 4th of July or New Year's fireworks. Think of that and multiply it by 1000. And I'm not exaggerating. This was was like someone unleashed an entire military force on Brooklyn. It sounded like war.

The media is reporting this as though it's just Black and Brown kids blowing off steam, but I don't believe that's the case. My neighbors and I believe that this is part of a coordinated attack on Black and Brown communities by government forces; an attack meant to disorient and destabilize the #BlackLivesMatter movement.

The goal, we think, is multifaceted:

1. Sleep deprivation as a means to create confusion and stoke tensions between Black and Brown peoples.

2. Desensitization as a means to get us so used to the sounds of firecrackers and other fireworks that when they start using their real artillery on us we won't know the difference. It's meant to sound like a war zone because a war zone is what it's about to become.

We think this is psychological warfare, the first wave before whatever the next stage of the attack is.

We think this because there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD that young Black and Brown people would otherwise have access to these PROFESSIONAL fireworks. Fam, these are Macy's July 4th/New Year's-level displays and sonic booms reserved generally for the wealthiest people and institutions.

And these kids are being supplied these things by the TRUCKLOAD. Hours and hours and days and days and weeks and weeks worth of explosives, y'all. No young Black and Brown people would be able to afford even a FRACTION of this supply. (Some folks have said that they saw boxes of high-grade fireworks left in Black and Brown neighborhoods, which reminds me of the government's role in the crack epidemic).

We think the government or some other anti-Black organization is providing these to neighborhood young people either free or cheaply and instructing them when, where, and how to use them. These young people are unaware of how they're being used against their own communities and think they're simply being allowed to have the kind of fun that is generally considered illegal.

After being cooped up during the pandemic, this is cathartic for them, but they clearly don't understand that they're pawns.

The government and the mainstream media are being coy or pretending to be clueless about it all, of course.

The government told residents to call 311 or 911 when the fireworks happen, but when you call 311 or 911, no one shows up. And why would they, if they're the ones behind it?

The New York Post exposed the Fire Department for taking part in it, but as you would imagine, the government is leaving it up to the Fire Department to investigate itself and eventually clear itself of any wrongdoing. SOURCE: https://nypost.com/2020/06/17/fdny-f...s-in-brooklyn/

The New York Times is reporting on it as a "culture clash" issue. SOURCE: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/n...night-nyc.html

But we think it's a passive-aggressive assault on the minds of the Black and Brown people who are rebelling against the status quo. This is gaslighting with literal lights.

Please share this message. If you know anyone participating in these fireworks attacks, please educate them about how this is an attempt to undermine the struggle for liberation and try to persuade them to not allow themselves to be used by the enemies of the people.

I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist, but fam, please trust me.

I've lived in New York City long enough to know a rat when I see one.

And New York City has some of the biggest rats you've EVER seen.

P.S. This could also be the police attempting to retaliate against our calls to defund/abolish the police by creating the circumstances for a continuous public nuisance and then purposely failing to respond to it.

P.P.S. Black and Brown people and our allies are reporting that this EXACT tactic, with the EXACT same characteristics, on the EXACT same schedule is being used in predominately Black and Brown cities across the country. So it's not just Brooklyn and it's not just New York.

P.P.P.S. It could also be a set up: purposely giving these kids these products and then unleashing holy hell on them for breaking the law. SOURCE: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ypd-police-blm

P.P.P.P.S. Things are becoming clearer and clearer to me, fam. In an attempt to save their jobs and maintain their unchecked power, cops are trying to make it seem like crime is going up without them and I wouldn't put it past them that they, themselves, are responsible for these shootings and the fireworks are a great cover/distraction. SOURCE: https://nypost.com/2020/06/19/nyc-sh...nit-disbanded/

Old 06-21-2020, 06:48 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Yeah, where are all the poor ppl getting the fireworks from? The things I've seen being used are not cheap.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-21-2020, 08:02 AM

Fireworks complaints are up in many different cities, including Baltimore and Detroit.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/marylan...xve-story.html

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ng/3201903001/

Who knows if the conspiracy theory I posted from FB has any truth to it. The story here from Detroit is that people are spending their stimulus checks on fireworks.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:53 AM

98 posts, read 43,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Yeah, where are all the poor ppl getting the fireworks from? The things I've seen being used are not cheap.
That's exactly right. But the post above you sounds like some alex jones conspiracy stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City