Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 08:57 AM

644 posts, read 306,894 times

Advertisements

This is ridiculous. We'll end up erasing all of our history if we give in to these hysterical ignoramuses. Every single person, famous or not famous, has done both good and bad things. Can't we look up to them for the good things they did AND acknowledge the bad things at the same time? We still need role models, I think. If Thomas Jefferson has to go, who can that crowd offer in his place? Kim Kardashian, because she doesn't do politics much? My dad, who's never done a bad thing to anyone simply because he's always sitting on his couch? Way to go. I said this to someone on another thread, and she countered that she thinks Harriet Tubman totally deserves a statue, and hasn't done anything so terrible that she can see that statue taken down in the future. Ha. As much as I admire Harriet Tubman, I can totally see some other entitled idiot, years down the line, demanding that her statue should come down because (like just about everyone back then) she was not a vegetarian and, the horror, ate the flesh of animals! As if that crosses out all the good things she did.

Seriously, this is not serious conversation any more. This is just a lot of hysterics and theatrics. I hope most of us can hang on to some common sense, but this hope is getting more hopeless every year. Common sense seems to be in scarce supply these days...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 09:03 AM

106,573 posts, read 108,713,667 times
i want trojan to take off the label ONE SIZE FITS ALL .... i find them way to big and now i have trauma

Old 06-19-2020, 09:10 AM

9,111 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Other than John Adams and John Quincy Adams who were from Massachusetts, most of the early Presidents owned slaves. Where does this purging stop? The slope is getting more slippery every day and we're all sliding down.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:13 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,212,637 times
As stated before they are so ignorant they treat Orwell's 1984 as an "How To"'guide and not a cautionary tale.

Nothing more fun than watching the left out 'woke" and eat each other, just don't get caught in the crossfire.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”
― George Orwell, 1984

Old 06-19-2020, 09:44 AM

64 posts, read 61,958 times
Many of you are too focused on symbols - FLAG, STATUES, ANTHEM, BICEP TATOO THAT SAYS MOM. Nobody can tell you not to feel this way, but if you take a step back to prioritize problems in our society--BEING KILLED BECAUSE YOU LOOK A CERTAIN WAY, and THEY KNOCKED DOWN SOME CEMENT! Think about, how do we rank those? Stew in your feelings if you need to, but let's fix the biggest problems first.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:56 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Gut Job View Post
Let’s tear down the Pyramids because they were built with slave labor. You have a very childish outlook on things
Lmao. Well it's up to them and wouldn't be our business. The US is relatively young in comparison to other countries. If you knew the history of other countries, so me things get torn down and replaced and some stay the same. The US will be no different. I'm just a realist.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:57 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinpointpennington View Post
Many of you are too focused on symbols - FLAG, STATUES, ANTHEM, BICEP TATOO THAT SAYS MOM. Nobody can tell you not to feel this way, but if you take a step back to prioritize problems in our society--BEING KILLED BECAUSE YOU LOOK A CERTAIN WAY, and THEY KNOCKED DOWN SOME CEMENT! Think about, how do we rank those? Stew in your feelings if you need to, but let's fix the biggest problems first.
Facts and repped.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:59 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinpointpennington View Post

So you are cool with leaving the statues as is? Just wanna be sure.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:13 AM

947 posts, read 1,401,179 times
Obviously, the Jefferson statue is not the only thing that needs to go in NYC. My so far incomplete list of other names in the city that woke SJWs find offensive and that must be removed immediately:

-- Fordham Road, Fordham University: that mention of 'ham' is obviously offensive to practitoners of Islam and Judaism.
-- Astoria: as in the Astor family of fur trading fame? PETA does not approve.
-- Dyckman Street: hurtful to lesbians of a certain persuasion, especially that mention of 'man' after 'Dyck".
-- Sugar Hill: offensive to diabetics.
-- Kew Gardens: sorry, Q has already been taken by LGBTQ.
-- Crown Heights, Corona, Kingsbridge: what's with all these royalty references?
-- Hell's Kitchen: hurtful to Satanic worshippers
-- Soundview: offensive to Helen Keller, who could neither hear nor see.
-- DUMBO: low IQ elephants are insulted.

I'm sure there are more that I've forgotten. And while we're at it, we also need to change those walk/don't walk stick figures on traffic lights. That's fat shaming, you know.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:31 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
When the first shot is fired, I know which side I will be on. It’s no longer a matter of if, but when.

“When” likely being after Trump wins the election in November. At that point, the left will attempt an actual “hot” war.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City