Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 11:01 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times

Advertisements

https://deadline.com/2020/06/ny-gov-...es-1202969792/

NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo Yanks Movie Theaters Malls & Gyms From Phase 4 As COVID Cases Spike Elsewhere

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has removed movie theaters, as well as malls and gyms, from the list of businesses that can reopen in Phase 4 of the state’s plan to study recent developments — mainly a surge in COVID-19 infections in other states. There’s no set duration for the phases, which depend on heath data, but they have generally lasted about two weeks.

(Texas, one of the earliest states to return to near business as usual will pause any further reopening, its governor said Thursday morning, as coronavirus cases climb.)

All regions in New York state aside from New York City are currently in Phase 3 and five of those are about to move into Phase 4. NYC only started Phase 2 this week so the shift isn’t as relevant there –yet — but still a worrying sign..

“There’s new information that comes out on this virus every day and anyone who thinks this is a static situation is wrong,” Cuomo said on Wednesday. “We’re looking at what’s happening in other states,” he said.

Phase 4 allows social gatherings of as many as 50 people — up from 25. The governor said he wants to make sure the state is making “informed decisions,” including examining air conditioning circulation systems in large venues.

Phase 4 also includes media production – meaning a ramp up of film and TV. It includes indoor and outdoor arts and entertainment venues like museums and zoos with social distancing and face covering and capacity restricted to 25% indoors and 33% outdoors. Higher education and pro sports without fans can also resume with some limitations.

The exhibition biz has been hard hit financially with theaters closed since March. The summer theatrical release schedule may be in flux A reopening controversy over masks or no masks last week hit a sour note,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 11:25 AM

383 posts, read 173,510 times
Yes, it sucks, we’re paying the price for the stupidity of pro-Trump governors and their people not enforcing safe measures and wearing a mask as a political stance. Trumpets have called mask-wearers “liberal pussies”.
It is recommended that they self-quarantine coming from these states but they never will, individualism at its best, Trump mentality of “me, me, me, me and screw the rest”.

And as a whole that’s why we’re not out of the woods yet, Italy, France, Belgium have a real sense of collectivity and patriotism in the way that they stayed in place for a better common future.

America had armed morons storming capitols to demand their hairdressers rush back to work because they needed a hair cut... “me, me, me, me, me , me and screw the rest”. How you gonna call yourself a patriot?

Old 06-26-2020, 11:37 AM

2,437 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
Yes, it sucks, we’re paying the price for the stupidity of pro-Trump governors and their people not enforcing safe measures and wearing a mask as a political stance. Trumpets have called mask-wearers “liberal pussies”.
It is recommended that they self-quarantine coming from these states but they never will, individualism at its best, Trump mentality of “me, me, me, me and screw the rest”.

And as a whole that’s why we’re not out of the woods yet, Italy, France, Belgium have a real sense of collectivity and patriotism in the way that they stayed in place for a better common future.

America had armed morons storming capitols to demand their hairdressers rush back to work because they needed a hair cut... “me, me, me, me, me , me and screw the rest”. How you gonna call yourself a patriot?

What was your take on the mass protests er...riots where there was no social distancing. Talk about a selfish me crowd

Old 06-26-2020, 11:38 AM

855 posts, read 450,232 times
Quote:
Liberals love nothing more than attaching labels to people and making sweeping generalizations.

I work and know many conservatives and Trump supporters and they all took COVID extremely seriously and masked-up at any and all times.

Never mind that CA is spiking and that's a Dem controlled state.

I wonder if most of the citizens in a place like Miami who are frolicking shoulder to shoulder in bars and on beaches with no masks are hardcore Trumpets as you put it. Would be a profoundly amusing argument to make.

Of course, it was also Dem leadership in NYC who in March said COVID is nothing to worry about and go attend festivals in Chinatown, go to the movie theatre. And it was high level Dems who said banning travel from China would be racist.

Sorry for pointing out there isn't a lick of truth in your post.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:39 AM

2,437 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Oh and Trump floated the idea of a quarantine of NY'ers, back in March and Fredo's brother flipped his wig and cried dictator

Old 06-26-2020, 01:17 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
F-Cuomo!

Old 06-26-2020, 01:38 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times
This affects my business, which is a fitness business. People are going to sue over this one. Many, many businesses have spent lots of money figuring out how to open safely, and now Cuomo is pulling the plug. After falling all over himself praising the protests. He says he needs to study air conditioning. What??? Only now he is saying this? This just occurred to him? Retail has air conditioning. His press briefings have air conditioning. This guy is such a horrible governor. And such a hypocrite.

And because of his ban on fitness businesses, people are hounded for doing perfectly safe things like personal training in parks many feet away, working out in parking lots outside, etc. The hammer of the law comes down hard on people just trying to survive. But riots, protests...A OK. Sacrosanct, even.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:22 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Oh and Trump floated the idea of a quarantine of NY'ers, back in March and Fredo's brother flipped his wig and cried dictator
great march. way too late.
all politicians on both sides have handled this so poorly.

we got president cheetos who correctly stops travel from china in january but doesn't stop any other international travel and does nothing else for months. he encourages his legions of worshipers not to wear masks and is holding big (although way short of expectations) rallies during this pandemic. these people will do anything he says. if he says wear a mask they will.

then we have the left that panders to protesters. large groups screaming at the top of their lungs are fine but people in a park is a huge problem! in early march instead of closing the subways as they should have they were encouraging people to take them. as the poster above me correctly points out it is insane to encourage people to protest while also ordering people to burn money by staying closed or to serverely limit how many customers they can have.

just gross incompetence all around. and of course they have people brainwashed to mindlessly defend their own side no matter what to keep themselves in power.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:49 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:

When were you expecting for the covid virus to completely disappear? It’s already out there and everyone will at one point be infected. This is to be expected. But I don’t believe that this virus is as dangerous as the media would love you to believe unless you have extremely poor health, which in this case, the individual has a lot more to worry about than catching covid. As for the rest of humanity, life goes on - you can’t mouse up, stop living your life and go on permanent unemployment over a virus that has less than 0.03% chance of killing you.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:51 PM

169 posts, read 87,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
great march. way too late.
all politicians on both sides have handled this so poorly.

we got president cheetos who correctly stops travel from china in january but doesn't stop any other international travel and does nothing else for months. he encourages his legions of worshipers not to wear masks and is holding big (although way short of expectations) rallies during this pandemic. these people will do anything he says. if he says wear a mask they will.

then we have the left that panders to protesters. large groups screaming at the top of their lungs are fine but people in a park is a huge problem! in early march instead of closing the subways as they should have they were encouraging people to take them. as the poster above me correctly points out it is insane to encourage people to protest while also ordering people to burn money by staying closed or to serverely limit how many customers they can have.

just gross incompetence all around. and of course they have people brainwashed to mindlessly defend their own side no matter what to keep themselves in power.
Very good points. The politicians did a poor job on both sides. The Republicans marching to open the states up were misguided and the protesters were not thinking straight either. Both groups should have been shut down.

Trump does a lot of things that are cringeworthy, everyone knows that, but compared to what the Democrats are up to he looks pretty damn good. He certainly doesn’t beat around the bush so people’s fragile feelings need to grow a pair.

Trump is the only choice this year if this country is to be saved from what the Dems want to do. What is happening now with the statues and rioting is just a small glimpse into what they are capable of. It’s not good. The Democrat party has morphed into something sinister all under the banner of ‘racial justice’

P.s. if not for the fake impeachment nonsense back in January then perhaps we all could have focused on what was going down in China. Instead the Dems distracted everybody with their witch hunt. Too bad that creepy Nadler is headed back to congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: