Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 01:38 PM

2,437 posts, read 2,720,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Funny, I grew up that way and we always thought Country Club a sub-section of Pelham Bay, lol. My Puerto Rican brother and his Honduran immigrant partner bought a condo right across from the entrance to SUNY Maritime a couple of years ago, and they are not the only Latinos there. Still, I do understand those gated private communities nearby can be incredibly racist.
TN has always had some diversity due to the projects and some the surrounding homes being rentals. On the other side of the highway are two buildings, one of which I grew up in. It’s was very diverse.

Having 90% of my family living in one of the gated communities you referenced, spot on. In fact both communities were sued for discriminatory housing practices. Though both always had a few families of color and that’s increased since the lawsuits. They rewrote some of the restrictions regarding letters of recommendation making it easier to get board approvals for purchase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 02:08 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,334,425 times
Morris Park, Bronx.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:28 PM

565 posts, read 356,994 times
Growing up just about all NE Queens neighborhoods were conservative up until mid 2000s when they were slowly pushed out by foreign born Chinese. Ironically, the Chinese are super conservative (and dare I say a bit racist) but they are trained and forced in to always voting for Demorats.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:23 PM

6,219 posts, read 3,543,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
Growing up just about all NE Queens neighborhoods were conservative up until mid 2000s when they were slowly pushed out by foreign born Chinese. Ironically, the Chinese are super conservative (and dare I say a bit racist) but they are trained and forced in to always voting for Demorats.
Chinese are only culturally conservative at most, China for many years was far left wing economically and still sort of is.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:40 PM

383 posts, read 171,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
(and dare I say a bit racist) but they are trained and forced in to always voting for Demorats.
Are you implying that, being a bit racist, they should be "trained" not to vote for democrats, but rather for conservatives?
Or maybe they were just sick and tired of being called names by the other side?
You may not hear about it, but one thing that is a fact about Chinese culture, as well as many East Asian cultures, is to suffer in silence, and work through predicaments and discrimination.
Some of them may be racist (mostly towards black people), but that doesn't make them loved by conservatives.

Mostly Asian neighborhoods come out blue on the map.

Last edited by BX_Fly; 07-01-2020 at 07:49 PM..

Old 07-02-2020, 06:12 AM

15,855 posts, read 6,663,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Brooklyn - probably Mill Basin these days, Dyker Heights some as well.
Queens - probably the general area of Middle Village/Maspeth/Glendale, Howard Beach, and Broad Channel/the western half of the Rockaways.
Bronx - Country Club most likely (Throggs Neck has been diversifying)
Manhattan - not sure such an area exists (fiscally conservative maybe but not socially)
Staten Island - much of it
Well done..................
I just did a quick research.....It showed that these neighborhoods rate well on livability compared to many
other neighborhoods in New York City. Low Crime .....Higher Education.......Higher Incomes.........

I guess being of the Conservative Class ( God ,Family and Country ) does have its benefit.......
contrary to the ideas and belief systems that the remaining political parties entertain

Old 07-02-2020, 08:05 AM

179 posts, read 107,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
Question: OUTSIDE Staten Island, what do you think is the most conservative neighborhood in NYC? I used to think Bay Ridge, but I think due to demographic changes that is not true anymore.

Some people point to the UES. I disagree. The UES may be fiscally conservative, perhaps...but not socially. At least, not from what I have seen.

I am thinking maybe parts of Queens would fit into the definition of overall conservative.

Check out the map ---only a tiny low density area of Bay Ridge went for Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
There's a map that will show you how many people voted for Trump in 2016. It's extremely detailed and you can zoom in, especially to see that a place like Breezy Point in Queens had 75% of voters supporting Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...9/-73.824/6009
Big story is communities of Orthodox ,Hasidic , Sephardic, Conservative ---heck even former Soviet --- non religous Jews make up/contribute a Trump block that extends from just south of Greenwood cemetery to the water at Brighton.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:16 AM

383 posts, read 171,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Well done..................
I just did a quick research.....It showed that these neighborhoods rate well on livability compared to many
other neighborhoods in New York City. Low Crime .....Higher Education.......Higher Incomes.........

I guess being of the Conservative Class ( God ,Family and Country ) does have its benefit.......
contrary to the ideas and belief systems that the remaining political parties entertain
It doesn’t take research to know that mostly East Asian neighborhoods are safe.
Now being conservative in China for instance is being conservative according to Chinese standards.
You bring up God but it is almost still prohibited in China.
They are conservative about THEIR family values (not the American ones), and THEIR traditions (not the American ones), so do you really believe that they will lean conservative in America when at least one third of them use the word “chink” or “gook” to describe them??
Do you really think they will vote conservative when they love coming in mass the American cities but the self-proclaimed de facto leader of the conservatives keep slamming immigration, and rants about China all day long with a five-year old prononciation “Jina !!!! , Jina !!! It’s because Jina !!!!”
They pay taxes in China so it’s not an issue for them.
See, America. It being the center of the Universe, there is not just one conservatism.

You’re retired take the time to travel, broaden your horizons with and learn before it’s too late, google is cute but not concrete.

Same for other groups, Yemeni are extremely conservative according to Yemeni family and religious values, now are they going to lean conservative once in America, when their de facto leader declared war against Muslim immigrations and swore to put a veto on it??
Would they lean conservative in America when their fellow Yemenis are banned from entering the US?
And last but not least, would they lean conservative when they already left a conservative society ?

Also as I stated before, here is a least of left-leaning neighborhoods that are expensive to relatively expensive, safe, clean, low crime etc:
Upper West Side, Riverdale, Fieldston, Spuyten Duyvil, Brooklyn Heights, Carroll Gardens, Boerum Hill, Tgrogs Neck, Park Slope, Windsor Terrace, Kensington, Prospect Park Southwest, Astoria..... there are much more for those I listed it’s as blue as it gets on the map

Last edited by BX_Fly; 07-02-2020 at 08:26 AM..

Old 07-02-2020, 01:17 PM

36,923 posts, read 38,882,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Chinese are only culturally conservative at most, China for many years was far left wing economically and still sort of is.
It's conservative in sometimes very different ways from what the US considers culturally conservative. Nationalized healthcare systems, universal access to a high quality education, low-cost higher education, strong funding for medicine and the sciences and belief in the value of that expertise, gun control, abortion, separation of church and state, and investment in infrastructure are overall things that a lot of East Asians lean more towards.

Old 07-03-2020, 05:13 AM

15,855 posts, read 6,663,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
It doesn’t take research to know that mostly East Asian neighborhoods are safe.
Now being conservative in China for instance is being conservative according to Chinese standards.
You bring up God but it is almost still prohibited in China.
See, America. It being the center of the Universe, there is not just one conservatism.
You’re retired take the time to travel, broaden your horizons with and learn before it’s too late, google is cute but not concrete.
Excerpt:You bring up God but it is almost still prohibited in China.
Response: That is a China problem not an American problem.

If you want to dismiss Conservative values that is your opinion..
You have the right to practice religion without imprisonment and
that alone added to the core value of a beautiful people is encouragement to continue on with Conservative values.
It is not the words of one man that stifles the people.......its the freedoms this country offers why so many rejoice.

Excerpt: broaden your horizons with and learn before it’s too late
Response: Arrogance is folly when confronted by experience and years of wisdom.

Excerpt: here is a least of left-leaning neighborhoods
Response:
I disagree with some of your opinions when it comes to ( God , Family and Country).
Core values are found in the people living for community... not the people living for money..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City