Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 02:26 PM

4,415 posts, read 2,937,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Unfortunately this isn't the case unless scores of white liberals start shooting themselves. Most of the black people who will bear the brunt of the violence either want the police or are indifferent to us as long as we come when they call.

The majority of this "movement" are lilly-white spoiled brats. I watched it with my own eyes over 125+ hours spent at protests. They have nothing to lose because they can run back to good neighborhoods where crime is rare. They're literally marching black people to the slaughter and couldn't care less.
This actually makes sense. But you left out the way the media and people publically cover all this. The case is pretty much made that the police are bad and not needed. Police bad and racist and the people they arrest and shoot are good and victims. And don't dare challenge that narrative. If all these black people actually do support the police and don't want the criminals taking over, they need to hit the streets and protest to keep the police and not defund them. They need to speak up to all the civil rights groups who are partially behind the propaganda. We don't see that though. When a black kills a black (which is the majority of killings) there is no outrage.

Last edited by Berteau; 07-05-2020 at 02:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 02:57 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonae View Post
But statistically NY is headed towards 2012 more than its headed towards 1980s.
There are more shootings now than in 1973.

Old 07-05-2020, 03:02 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,522,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
So much for gun control. It's not stopping gun violence. I bet most of these criminals all have illegal firearms and clips. While a law abiding citizen if caught with a firearm will get the max penalty. Most of these criminals are checked and let go after a few days because they have no property or bank accts. Once you are a criminal, you don't need a gun license anymore.
stop calling it a clip(s).
otherwise, I agree.

Old 07-05-2020, 03:05 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,522,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
My opinion is, if you don't live in a high-crime neighborhood, what is your concern? Do you think your neighborhood is in danger of turning into Brownsville or the South Bronx?
the trend is what's important. and when shootings increase, they'll spread to nicer neighborhods.

Old 07-05-2020, 03:12 PM

390 posts, read 306,593 times
Quote:
You're part of tbe most corrupt twisted police force in the world. They should be fired you all.
Have you ever traveled outside of the US? In my country In south America police are far more corrupt than anything I've seen here. You'd also be a victim of racial profiling far worse than here.

Old 07-05-2020, 03:27 PM

278 posts, read 140,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLessTraveled2015 View Post
Have you ever traveled outside of the US? In my country In south America police are far more corrupt than anything I've seen here. You'd also be a victim of racial profiling far worse than here.
I am Jamaican. I've seen how corrupt Jamaica is. New York police are worse. Not just in the acts, but as a whole. At least in Jamaica the police show their true colors and everyone sees it. In NY they're wolves in sheep's clothing.

Old 07-05-2020, 03:36 PM

14,045 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Quote:
Source?
Over 41 shot overnight in NYC with at least 4 dead in citywide explosion of gun violence

Weekly shootings is on par with 1997-1999 when NYC finally start to clean up homicide rate heading toward 2012-2016 days.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...outputType=amp

Old 07-05-2020, 03:39 PM

14,045 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Trump has comment NYC crime is going up and blame the mayor.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...107891717?s=20

Old 07-05-2020, 04:11 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
My opinion is, if you don't live in a high-crime neighborhood, what is your concern? Do you think your neighborhood is in danger of turning into Brownsville or the South Bronx?
Excerpt:if you don't live in a high-crime neighborhood, what is your concern?

Response: I have only concern of bleed over ......or random attack.
If it was a solid fact that crime does not spill into other neighborhoods life would go on as normal.
Gunfire smashed a cop car in Motthaven yesterday at the 40th pct. This is open season on cops. 5 people shot in
Bronx, 6 in Harlem 2 in Queens for a total of 4 dead yesterday. All high crime neighborhoods. Folks are not coming forward to become cops and people can not arm themselves legally. Do you wait for increase crime to work its way into your neighborhood? foolish not to be concerned. No...you complain....If your voice is heard and addressed then progress is made towards solving a potential problem. If not...then communities address the issues and implement their own initiatives to assist in protecting themselves. simply going through the motions.

Old 07-05-2020, 04:12 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Unfortunately this isn't the case unless scores of white liberals start shooting themselves. Most of the black people who will bear the brunt of the violence either want the police or are indifferent to us as long as we come when they call.

The majority of this "movement" are lilly-white spoiled brats. I watched it with my own eyes over 125+ hours spent at protests. They have nothing to lose because they can run back to good neighborhoods where crime is rare. They're literally marching black people to the slaughter and couldn't care less.
The NY Post said Shootings soar 205 percent after NYPD disbands anti-crime unit
do you agree that the shooting increase was primarily caused by the disbanding of that unit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City