Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 08:41 PM

19,024 posts, read 13,932,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You made the offer years ago. We will definitely at minimum throw back beers before you leave.
Sounds good.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 09:19 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,713,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
After two months of this nonsense, I'm to the point now where I would vote for a guy who makes The Donald look like a left-winger. And I CAN'T be alone.

who would be an example of a guy who makes The Donald look like a left-winger?

Old 07-10-2020, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
who would be an example of a guy who makes The Donald look like a left-winger?
Ted Cruz, a real conservative.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-11-2020, 12:50 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,064,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Ted Cruz, a real conservative.
Ted would be a good example. But these days, with the spectrum shifted so far to the Left, so would Harry S. Truman, Richard J. Daley, or John F. Kennedy. Heck, I'd go door-to-door for Richard M. Nixon right now in a heartbeat. The circle has turned to the point where a self-proclaimed liberal such as journalist Tim Pool is sounding more and more conservative each day, championing things like Free Speech, the 1st and 2nd Amendments, plus concepts such as "property rights", the "rule of law", "due process", and a zillion other things that the Marxists despise. We are in a culture / propaganda war right now the likes of which have never been seen in the U.S., and it's not a very big leap from here before it turns "hot".

As far as I'm concerned, we need to choose sides way before November. The Far Left, while comprising only five or ten percent of the population, are making enough noise such that politicians believe they comprise over fifty percent, and fear them. That is a mistake that will come back to haunt these politicians this November, if I'm any kind of predictor of the population at large. I see this as a HUGE opportunity for us to turn the wheel back to center, if we do it right. Black Lives Matter the PHILOSOPHY is wonderful, there are a couple of black guys I know that I would back up any day of the week. But "BLM the political party?" They are Leftist Dogs that need to be put down HARD. People need to educate themselves on what "BLM the political party" actually wants. "Defunding the Police" is merely code for "Transfer of power to the thugs we control". Anybody notice how "choreographed" the rioting and looting was? I wish whoever ran that program (nationwide, mind you) was in charge of the airlines, you'd never have a late flight again.

Old 07-11-2020, 01:11 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,585,304 times
Even Billy Clinton sounds like a conservative compare to liberals in 2020

Old 07-11-2020, 02:29 PM

I'd take Bill back over Joe any day.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: