Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 02:02 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times

Advertisements

DeBlasio is so contradictory he is hated by the left and the right and people who are in the middle thinks this guy can't make up his mind or do anything conducive to addressing the problem because goes both ways when has to politicize an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 02:10 PM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
Airborneguy for years I have been reading you posts and want to let you know I appreciate you. You may be hated by the small minority of leftist, thug, anarchist masses, but I appreciate our boys in blue. I respect law and order and if the commie mayor wants to see the city burn, let it. Eventually, decent, law abiding citizens will cry out for more law enforcement when the city falls into a rotting abyss of chaos.

You need to keep yourself safe, especially since you have a family and care about their best interests. I don't care one bit if I am called a racist boot licker for saying this. Anyone that doesn't agree with the leftist agenda these days is labeled a racist and it rolls off of me like water on a duck. I wear that label with pride because I know I am not a racist and do not need to prove that to any of these mentally ill low-lifes.

Stay safe until the day you retire and I thank you for your service and doing you best you can all of your years on the force to keep this city safe. God bless you!
Thank you!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-10-2020, 02:37 PM

390 posts, read 307,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Thank you!

and I hope that things in Staten Island are much less crazy than in Manhattan and some of its other boroughs right now!

Old 07-10-2020, 03:13 PM

278 posts, read 140,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Completely reverse the bail reform law that was passed a few months ago.
Reverse the defunding and all the other BLM inspire bullspit that been passed recently
Bring back Bill Bratton as NYPD commissioner, and let him do whatever he feels necessary. This would likely include reimposing Broken Windows, and aggressively locking up people for minor crimes, getting the criminal class off the streets, and letting them know in no uncertain terms that the police are in charge, they won't be allowed to get away with anything, and if they try they'll be spending a lot of time in Rikers or upstate.

That's the ONLY way to deal with crime. All the attempts as using social programs to solve crime have failed. I though we had figure that out 30 years ago, but people forget.
Bail Reform is proven to have nearly zero affect on the shootings that's been taking place.

Proven by the NYPD themselves. Crime is down. Shootings are not. Shootings are on the same level as those Broken Windows policy days.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:22 PM

6,362 posts, read 4,190,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
If you want to stop crime you simply have to do 2 things: take away the incentive to do things illegally for money by start teaching kids how to self-sustain, and address the mentally ill. This country puts it into everybody's head from young that college debt is the only way. You just saw a post the other day how somebody spraypainted a municipal building in front of the police, more police presence IMO does nothing

Law enforcement is a business, remember that, only auxiliary NYPD are volunteers
You’ve forgotten to list the third thing you need to do, allow the police to do their job and until this happens, just expect to see crime increase and good residents move out of the City! Actually, it’s happening already, on a big scale!

Old 07-10-2020, 03:29 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
So you mean to tell me NYPD forgot how to arrest ppl? If that's the case, then they no longer need to wear bodycams if they're not arresting anybody. Found one way to trim the fat, stop ordering bodycams since no arrests are being made.

This is not about the mayor. If I was police commissioner, I would give 2 hoots about what the mayor says and still direct my troops to do what's right. Most are just trying to protect their pensions and move out of state tax-free. Everything all boils down to money.

"Body-worn cameras are small digital video cameras that police officers wear on their uniform shirts or winter jackets. Their purpose is to record enforcement and other encounters between the police and the public to establish a documentary record of those encounters. The use of body-worn cameras by police departments in other cities has shown that cameras help de-escalate encounters and reduce civilian complaints. The cameras may also provide important evidence in criminal and civil proceedings."

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/about...n-cameras.page

Just saved the city $6 million

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...icle-1.2813379
Are you serious? Have you been in a cave the last couple of months? deBlasio is ordering the NYPD to just standby and not arrest the BLM protestors otherwise that punk in the video would have been arrested.

The commissioner works for deBlasio. He has to follow his order. Chances are if you were commish for deBlasio and you went against his orders, you would have been canned a long time ago.

Old 07-10-2020, 04:06 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Are you serious? Have you been in a cave the last couple of months? deBlasio is ordering the NYPD to just standby and not arrest the BLM protestors otherwise that punk in the video would have been arrested.

The commissioner works for deBlasio. He has to follow his order. Chances are if you were commish for deBlasio and you went against his orders, you would have been canned a long time ago.
What police commissioner in the history of NYC has ever been fired?

And maybe I have been living in a cave because I thought bodycams were implemented to absolve NYPD of guilt from any situation...at least my cave is Covid-free

If they're not arresting people then why do they need bodycams?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-10-2020, 04:10 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
6 cops to detain an overweight asthmatic diabetic, explain that...you'd swear Eric Garner was Mark Henry

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-10-2020, 04:12 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,391,672 times
back in the 80's there was some sort of recruiter from nypd at HS. Talked about the job, the process etc. I know someone e
se who said dsny showed up at their school to talk about the job. Again that was the 80's. Must have been some kind of promo campaign. Yes they should do it again.

Old 07-10-2020, 04:13 PM

910 posts, read 753,629 times
Quote:
One example, I went to public and private high school and I've never seen a military recruiter walk through the doors. Or NYPD recruiters, or FDNY recruiters. How come?
Sounds like you went to bad schools then. I had recruiters of all types walk into mine (not in NYC, I'll admit that).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: