Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 01:33 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
THAT LINE IS LONG... i mean down Columbus avenue, to 92nd, and all the way up to AMSTERDAM...

I KNOW, because that's my Joe...

seniors have their own line in the morning

i know the residents are tired of all those people in front of their building everyday

what a way to strike back lmao
It's the one I go to most often since it's the closest to walk to for me. Funny enough pre-pandemic, This trader Joes was the hidden jewel and usually pretty empty to shop. Or at least when I tended to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 08:35 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
It's the one I go to most often since it's the closest to walk to for me. Funny enough pre-pandemic, This trader Joes was the hidden jewel and usually pretty empty to shop. Or at least when I tended to go.
when it first opened it was usually close to empty. no more

i went tonight, close to closing

took the 2 train there, and anticipated a long line to amsterdam.... so i pulled up on 92nd

SHOCKED

wasn't the case

REJOICED

there were like 7 people in front of me. i got everything i needed and left

bus pulled up soon as i hit 96th and it too wasn't crowded

Old 07-15-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
That's because Trader Joes has delicious foods, breads, snacks, and desserts. It would sometimes look like that before the pandemic

there was no bread at 93rd st tonight. none. bare shelves

Old 07-15-2020, 09:09 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
REJOICED

The Gods are smiling down at you.

By me, plenty of bread for now but there's been a run on paper towels. Still. After all this time.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:31 PM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
The Gods are smiling down at you.

By me, plenty of bread for now but there's been a run on paper towels. Still. After all this time.

Soon, you might be running out of bread to buy those paper towels.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:17 AM

Quote:
when it first opened it was usually close to empty. no more

i went tonight, close to closing

took the 2 train there, and anticipated a long line to amsterdam.... so i pulled up on 92nd

SHOCKED

wasn't the case

REJOICED

I went to the one on 14th Street and 3rd ave earlier this week. No line at all. The guy working the door said that location is pretty quiet since no one's at NYU. But perhaps they're not as busy with the new location down the street from them. Unfortunately since they're a smaller store, they were out of a few items I needed. I'm going to hit up the one on 23rd Street today since I'll be in the neighborhood.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:09 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
Soon, you might be running out of bread to buy those paper towels.
lol. For real. I just filed my taxes. Boy, do I owe.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I went to the one on 14th Street and 3rd ave earlier this week. No line at all. The guy working the door said that location is pretty quiet since no one's at NYU. But perhaps they're not as busy with the new location down the street from them. Unfortunately since they're a smaller store, they were out of a few items I needed. I'm going to hit up the one on 23rd Street today since I'll be in the neighborhood.

i despise the union square location, but LOVE the wine shop

i was also on by there, and you're right, it was quiet. hell, 14th street was eerily deserted. i loved it.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
i despise the union square location, but LOVE the wine shop

i was also on by there, and you're right, it was quiet. hell, 14th street was eerily deserted. i loved it.
I'm not a fan of that location either but I had an appointment near by so I went after.

Today I went to the one on 6th ave and 21/22 street. A few people in line. Took less then 5 minutes. I love this location. Only thing I hate is I have to take the 1 to the 2 train if I shop here. But I was in the area and they had what I needed the 14th street was out of.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I'm not a fan of that location either but I had an appointment near by so I went after.

Today I went to the one on 6th ave and 21/22 street. A few people in line. Took less then 5 minutes. I love this location. Only thing I hate is I have to take the 1 to the 2 train if I shop here. But I was in the area and they had what I needed the 14th street was out of.

i love 6th avenue but i gotta uber it home... more than 2 bags makes the travel home unbearable..
if they buy space out and make a wine shop next to it, might wake up the neighborhood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: