Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 10:13 AM

34,080 posts, read 47,278,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
There were always "socioeconomic" problems in the world. Does that justify crime? No. It doesn't even EXPLAIN crime. My grandfather grew up in the Depression. They were by ANY STANDARD much poorer, much worse off than any hoodlums of today. He didn't riot. You know what he and many others of that generation did? They looked for work, they continued to never give up until they did their duty. There were protests too, but mainly peaceful and certainly no burning of the flag or robbing people.

No decent person, of whatever socioeconomic profile, commits crimes to get their way. Crime in NYC is mostly because of a permissive city council and governor that basically has given a green light to criminals, including violent criminals. Any normal citizen right now is terrified of going into such a lawless city.
If your grandfather was around during the Depression, then he should certainly remember Prohibition and the bootlegging era. Crime. What he did as an individual is irrelevant.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 10:14 AM

278 posts, read 140,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Gut Job View Post
Hey BLM! A one year old was shot and killed at a drive by last night in the Stuy. Still the Black Democrat leaders continue to do nothing except blame Trump.

I am talking about useless excuses for politicians such as Eric Adams, Hakeem Jeffries and Robert Cornegy - Brooklyn’s finest!

Throw in DeBlasio and you have a mentally ill bunch of racist hateful politicians who blame EVERYTHING on Trump and the ever popular ‘white supremacists’. Tons of white supremacists hanging out in the hood I’m sure.

Are the constituents in Brooklyn that stupid? Do they really believe that BLM cares about Blacks lives? Anybody woken up yet to their lies? Anybody? Hello?

If you are nothing short of outraged by the nonstop Black on Black violence while supporting BLM then you are very ignorant and in major denial.

How embarrassing to be associated with the Democrat party today. They lie and manipulate and cheat and make everything about race,

Ironically it is the conservatives who are most concerned about the violence in these communities. Of course if Trump brings up the deplorable conditions in Maxine Waters or Elijah Cummings districts then he is branded a ‘racist’.

These communities need tough love. The elephant in the room can no longer be ignored. Most of these thugs had no father to discipline them and, as a result, the cops are left to deal with them, sometimes with bad results. Blame the parents who let the streets raise them. Stop blaming cops.

When will the family of these victims denounce the racist/Marxist BLM? When these victims start to take control of the narrative and start focusing on their violent community then maybe the politicians will start to listen. When the ‘preachers’ come out of their little store front Pentecostal churches and start massive demonstrations then maybe they will be taken seriously. Until then they are a complete joke. They do nothing to change things, and many more will die.
Dude. Brooklyn has a thousand marches about ending gun violence.

Black on black crime does not exist. All crime comes with proximity. Want proof? Go through Bedstuy or ENY. You're just as likely to be robbed as anyone else.

Crime is also caused by poverty. And it's a proven fact that white neighborhoods in as bad a shape as black neighborhoods have the same amount of crime.

And don't act like you actually care about that boy.

Old 07-13-2020, 10:17 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,716,943 times
Quote:
The entire city is spiraling out of control at this point.
don't be silly

Old 07-13-2020, 10:18 AM

910 posts, read 753,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
If your grandfather was around during the Depression, then he should certainly remember Prohibition and the bootlegging era. Crime. What he did an an individual is irrelevant.
I never said crime did not exist. I said that it wasn't JUSTIFIED by the "socioeconomic" argument. To the contrary, in fact, crime was NOT justified at all. Rioters were shot on spot, as it should still be but unfortunately this country is way way way too soft now compared to what we were when we had a very specific moral compass to guide us and everyone could agree on. We can't have nice things anymore because for the past 30 years, our colleges have systematically told young people that all morals are relative and that all cultures are equally valid, no matter their practices.

Old 07-13-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
don't be silly
Oh yeah, I guess it's the safest and most orderly city in the US right? Right now NYC is a lawless city, with ever increasing numbers of no go areas. Imagine living in a place where from now on, trash cans burn regularly and elderly people get beat up simply for having opposing viewpoints.

Old 07-13-2020, 10:22 AM

278 posts, read 140,346 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, I guess it's the safest and most orderly city in the US right? Right now NYC is a lawless city, with ever increasing numbers of no go areas. Imagine living in a place where from now on, trash cans burn regularly and elderly people get beat up simply for having opposing viewpoints.
NYC literally is still the safest big city. By a mile.

Old 07-13-2020, 10:27 AM

34,080 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
I never said crime did not exist. I said that it wasn't JUSTIFIED by the "socioeconomic" argument. To the contrary, in fact, crime was NOT justified at all. Rioters were shot on spot, as it should still be but unfortunately this country is way way way too soft now compared to what we were when we had a very specific moral compass to guide us and everyone could agree on. We can't have nice things anymore because for the past 30 years, our colleges have systematically told young people that all morals are relative and that all cultures are equally valid, no matter their practices.
You don't think that a large part of crime is due in part that people want to make money illegally? And when did I ever claim that socioeconomic conditions are justified for crime? I simply stated that as long as you have poor neighborhoods in the city you will have crime related to obtaining money illegally. It has nothing to do with culture.

Example: Howard Beach in the 1980s was widely known as a Mafia neighborhood, should I attribute this to Italian culture? You tell me.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-13-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonae View Post
NYC literally is still the safest big city. By a mile.
It WAS. It is fast approaching the opposite and WILL no longer be safe, let alone "THE safest".

Old 07-13-2020, 10:29 AM

1,465 posts, read 757,844 times
Quote:
It WAS. It is fast approaching the opposite and WILL no longer be safe, let alone "THE safest".
It might still be the “safest” only because the other big democrat cities got even worse. Sad

Old 07-13-2020, 10:50 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,716,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonae View Post

Crime is also caused by poverty. And it's a proven fact that white neighborhoods in as bad a shape as black neighborhoods have the same amount of crime.

I think that is partially right. But to end poverty is a long process.
You have to educate and have jobs and if you create fake jobs it costs money.
And the money from the jobs has to better than public assistance and food stamps.
And there is also a culture of violence that the black community allows. Rap videos constantly
bragging about guns and drug dealing.

this is the most popular rap song in the country right now

Rockstar
DaBaby Featuring Roddy Ricch

Brand new Lamborghini, fu*k a cop car
With the pistol on my hip like I'm a cop.....

Goin' for buckets, I bought a chopper
I got a big drum, it hold a hundred, ain't goin' for nothin'
I'm ready to air it out on all these ni**as,

My daughter a G, she saw me kill a ni**a in front of her before the age of two
And I'll kill another ni**a too

Have you ever met a real ni**a rockstar?
This ain't no guitar, bi**ch, this a Glock

So many white people are like, "why should we support these people, look at their culture, what they allow their youth to listen to, about killing each other. They don't respect themselves. Why should we fund anti-poverty programs and cross our fingers that this violent culture will change, a lot of them already tell us they don't want to work at McDonalds or start at a low level job, they want that Brand new Lamborghini, instant gratification "

And these rappers have the Brand new Lamborghini
but they are telling lies in this song. They are pretending they got the brand new Lamborghini by
shooting n**as

You can point to the record companies and try to put all the blame on them but it takes participation from the artist and it takes a whole black community to let this be the most popular songs.
It's not only music. The music is representing a violent culture and a criminal economy.
I think it's part of the problem as are gangs
I don't think poverty is the only problem. It's part of it.
A lot of these shootings are about personal beefs and often not even directly related to getting money
and there is a cultural element that is not PC to talk about

Last edited by jonbenson; 07-13-2020 at 11:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City