Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 12:57 PM

278 posts, read 140,187 times

Advertisements

They deleted my post. Lol this forum is a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 01:00 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
so far more than 7 black children have died because of these thugs around, I am guessing that thier black lives didnt matter?

how terrible is that.

over 7 black children have been murdered and no one seems to care, why arent they protesting this?

Old 07-13-2020, 01:07 PM

383 posts, read 173,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
you're afraid of trash cans burning?

what are the statistics on that? four a week?

why do you bring up such nonsense?

New York has always had a certain amount of crime. Do you live here?

Is your neighborhood lawless right now?

there are multi millions of people here, do you know what a real lawless city is like? Like some cities in
Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil, Detroit

Are there some neighborhoods in New York that are very dangerous in NY? Always have been
Do go near them? Do you live here? You stay in all the time because you're scared?

Right... some people should travel more, and see what actually happens somewhere else, even in certain European countries the "hood" is much harsher than anywhere in NYC.

And again, it's always people who live in the safest place....

Old 07-13-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
so far more than 7 black children have died because of these thugs around, I am guessing that thier black lives didnt matter?

how terrible is that.

over 7 black children have been murdered and no one seems to care, why arent they protesting this?
And everybody agrees it should also be addressed.

Old 07-13-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonae View Post
They deleted my post. Lol this forum is a joke.
What did you say in that post?

Old 07-13-2020, 01:10 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
And everybody agrees it should also be addressed.

but so far it isnt......................

Old 07-13-2020, 01:16 PM

910 posts, read 752,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson
you're afraid of trash cans burning?
Gee, let's see...in between choosing peace and safety in a neighborhood versus trash cans burning every weekend since this whole disaster started, me thinks it's much nicer and safer, yes, SAFER, to not have trash cans burning in a neighborhood.

Quote:
New York has always had a certain amount of crime. Do you live here?
I have lived in NYC most of my life. Yes, crime has always existed but NEVER JUSTIFIED like now. I no longer live in NYC...I had to leave since I like to be safe. To be completely honest, that was not the ONLY reason I left, but it definitely played a role.

My neighborhood right now is surrounded by farms, cows and horses. Beautiful. Around these parts, decent people are the ones who have guns.

Quote:
do you know what a real lawless city is like? Like some cities in
Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil, Detroit
Oh! So, is that the bar now? Really? You're going to set the bar so low that you want NYC to simply think things are better because, hey, you know, we're not the third world YET. Why would you even bring up foreign places? As for Detroit, give it a few years, give it a few years...if the current losers continue in City Hall.

All I can say is, if I were in NYC right now, I'd definitely think more than twice about going out unless it was absolutely vital. And taking the subway? Not a chance anymore! It was already going to hell before the pandemic, now it must be a total cesspit...more than it already was.

Old 07-13-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
but so far it isnt......................
Not playing a blame game here, just my neutral observation, but certain issues are being highlighted more than others because of the huge political crisis and divide happening in this country... and the divide comes from "leadership", as it has for 4 years, whether you like the president or not, it is an undeniable fact. No one has ever fueled division like he did. You reap what you sow, and since he claims to be "law and order" on top of every inconsistency of his, and on top of pardoning criminals.... we all know the unhealthy spiral... everything he claims to support or not give a damn about is seeing a fierce opposition and is being highlighted in priority, and politically used against him... Again... not teaching anyone anything new...

Old 07-13-2020, 01:19 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
Gee, let's see...in between choosing peace and safety in a neighborhood versus trash cans burning every weekend since this whole disaster started, me thinks it's much nicer and safer, yes, SAFER, to not have trash cans burning in a neighborhood.

every weekend I go out there's a trash can burning

this is too much !!!

Old 07-13-2020, 01:20 PM

910 posts, read 752,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You don't think that a large part of crime is due in part that people want to make money illegally? And when did I ever claim that socioeconomic conditions are justified for crime? I simply stated that as long as you have poor neighborhoods in the city you will have crime related to obtaining money illegally. It has nothing to do with culture.

Example: Howard Beach in the 1980s was widely known as a Mafia neighborhood, should I attribute this to Italian culture? You tell me.
No, I don't think that. I think a lot of crime has to do simply with wanting to hurt people. How is attacking a police officer or a Blue Lives Matter old guy going to make you money illegally?? Makes no sense.

You raise a good question about culture vs economics: I would not say mafia is Italian culture, but I would say that in certain enclaves of the city, due to the conditions of the immigrants and their circumstances, there was a SUBculture in which mafia tactics could flourish.

Would I say crime is Black culture? Absolutely not -- but I would tell you that in many cities, again, it is a SUBculture related to things that fester for a long time. I still do not think, however, that it is all money related. If violent crime would be about obtaining money illegally, then Wall Street would be one of the most violent places on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City