Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 05:20 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,685,018 times

Advertisements

Seriously, the entitlement is outstanding.

I once went two months without gas in my apartment (living in Italy) because that was all I could afford. Didn't ask for handouts. And you have OP being upset she has to dip into her furniture budget.... jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 09:59 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Something doesn't sound right. Either the broker is a complete moron (MANY ARE) or you're not articulating something correctly.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:33 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Something doesn't sound right. Either the broker is a complete moron (MANY ARE) or you're not articulating something correctly.
not just you. the OP was difficult to read.

Old 07-19-2020, 01:15 PM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
My uncle rented to two section 8 people and both families trashed their respective apartments. Even the windows were cracked! He said, “never again will I rent to section 8”.

Point is, If you want to be treated better, you should get out of section 8 and become self sufficient. Section 8s have a very bad reputation, I’m sorry to say but it’s the truth.

Old 07-19-2020, 01:26 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Seriously, the entitlement is outstanding.

I once went two months without gas in my apartment (living in Italy) because that was all I could afford. Didn't ask for handouts. And you have OP being upset she has to dip into her furniture budget.... jesus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
I sent her an email saying okay I have $2000 towards the broker fee and that's cutting it close and she called me saying thats not enough so I said ill ask catholoc charities to help she said no it takes too long...

So than I came up with $2500 and once again she's nasty and said ill take that but you owe me the rest.I want all of my money.

At this point im saying eff her and the landlord.She never told me about any fees.Im depleting my furniture money to pay her and she's nasty.

I have the money to pay it but i just don't want to .Her attitude was nasty ,she refused to accept a one shot deal that will pay for security and broker fee.Why should i pay $5900 when i can pay $1400

This is why I stopped donating when they pass around the baskets at my local catholic church and will not be making any more donations ever again. You had money for furniture, but were going to have the gall to ask Catholic Charities to pay the rest you owed because you did not want to dip into your furniture fund?! Is this a troll post?

You could have used milk crates for nightstands and end tables and covered them with cloth until you saved your money up again to buy furniture. That is what I once did when I was poor. As a matter of fact, years ago my mother-in-law used to volunteer for Catholic Outreach. She told me there would be loads of people pulling up in brand new luxury cars, wearing designer clothes asking them to pay their rents. The sad part is the Catholic Church paid them and gave them visa gift cards on top of that. Ridiculous.

All of the above.

Insanity.

Old 07-19-2020, 01:40 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,685,018 times
I just want to clarify that there is nothing wrong with needing help. These programs exist so people can use them. But like I said, NYC doesn't even give out Section 8 vouchers anymore because the waiting list is full. How long was OP in this situation? They're not intended to be used for life... just as a stepping stone.

And honestly, there is no shame in using them. But to be mad that you have to dip into your furniture budget?!?! Omg, the entitlement. You should be kissing the ground your landlord walks on for allowing you to rent a safe place with a roof over your head, not complaining you'll have to buy a few less pieces of furniture.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:41 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,192 times
it sounds like both sides are clowns
I don't understand how a fee was never mentioned at all in over a month.
the entitledment the op has is absolutely disgusting.
your hard earned money? it's easy to save money when you have the tax payers and the church paying your bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City