Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 06:15 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,192,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
The Bronx gets a bum rap. There are some really cool spots in the Bronx. City Island, great parks (Van Cortland, Orchard Beach, Pelham, etc), Bronx Zoo, Yankee Stadium, Arthur Avenue.
Yeah Yankee stadium is one of the oldest parks in the nation! Would you wanna be walking around the area on a none game day ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 08:55 PM

358 posts, read 1,916,481 times
Out of curiosity, those saying bad rep for the Bronx, are you basing that on info from this decade? Just asking because violent crime rates have dropped immensely, year by year since 1990.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:04 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,655 times
Default crime rates

Crime rates have dropped dramatically all over the city... and guess what? Most places that were the most dangerous 10 years ago are still the most dangerous today. They may not be as dangerous as they were 10 years ago but remember that all things being relative, the safe neighborhoods are that much safer.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:02 PM

358 posts, read 1,916,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
Crime rates have dropped dramatically all over the city... and guess what? Most places that were the most dangerous 10 years ago are still the most dangerous today. They may not be as dangerous as they were 10 years ago but remember that all things being relative, the safe neighborhoods are that much safer.
I see what you mean but the original poster asked which neighborhoods are dangerous... as in which to avoid... not "which have more crime than the others". Because 70% of any given city could be dangerous, or maybe only 3%

Old 03-28-2007, 07:23 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
Yeah Yankee stadium is one of the oldest parks in the nation! Would you wanna be walking around the area on a none game day ???
Have you walked around there recently? Probably not. I was just walking through there the other day on an Non-Game day, that area is changing quite a bit. I'm not trying to say it is the safest place in the world but I didn't feel like I was in any kind of danger, which was in stark contrast compared to previous years.

NYC is NYC you have to be careful everywhere IMHO. Heck even in a Pleasantville type suburb I'd have my guard up if I wasn't familiar with the place. But that's just me.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:17 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,655 times
[quote=NooYowkur81;506037]NYC is NYC you have to be careful everywhere IMHO.QUOTE]

That's absolutely true!! Who would have guessed that 2 Uniformed Aux. cops would have been gunned down on Sullivan St in the Village or the cop that was shot last night in Park Slope. Bad things can happen anywhere.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:08 PM

975 posts, read 3,731,074 times
I've found that some of the worst areas are not in NYC but outside of it (parts of Yonkers, Newark, East Orange)

Old 04-24-2008, 01:37 PM

1 posts, read 8,361 times
Yea dont ever go to Jamaica queens that area is coverd in african /jamaicn american gangs and white ppl or other races should never go there unless there known there buy other ppl i live in jamaica queens i use to hustle there so i no all about it if i were u id stay to brooklyn and harlem

Old 04-24-2008, 02:05 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
I dont know why its not mentioned as much but Andrews ave from 183rd to Fordham is a HOT block. I was walking through yesterday and you had a bunch of people outside drinking beers and throwing bottles with a loud radio blaring rap music. The worst area closer to Fordham is entirely black so I was getting alot of looks even though I live up the block. It gets a little better but turns to **** on 183rd again.

I was also walking through w 183rd on my way to Jerome again and im telling you that is awful block. It sucks because thats the only way I can get to the train. With the weather comes all the knuckleheads.

Things are picking up a bit on 182nd aswell.

The only quiet block is University from what I can see.

Should be a fun summer.

Oh and I walked from 110th to 96th and Broadway yesterday with a few ladies. I was told that's Harlem, Morningside Heights, and that it used to be an awful area but gentrification has fully occupied it. The girl told me that Donald Trump bough the Frederick Douglas houses, I dont know if ita true or not. The area looks nice. I saw a bit too many homeless on Riverside park (???)...but way better than my trip up through Andrews in the Bronx.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:41 PM

139 posts, read 924,079 times
(rubs my chin hair).. ayo osisis cut the nonsense ..please, for me?..jamaica queens is nothing like how you comparing it money..its more dead areas then it is active blocks.& most them spots is in south side..out of all the jamaica areas, springfield & queens vill is probably the main live areas & most them blocks is dead.cut it out man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City