Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 04:57 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Market Maven View Post
Watch out for the contact tracers because they are monitoring phones and internet postings. This is becoming a total dystopian lockdown and is getting very dangerous.
I removed everything from my phone and have always kept location services off.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 04:58 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse789 View Post
How about credit/debit transactions? EZ pass???
Would have to be subpoenaed. I don't see them going that far without specific cause.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-16-2020, 05:01 PM

263 posts, read 115,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I removed everything from my phone and have always kept location services off.
This is good to hear. I wonder how far these authoritarian contact tracers will take things when it involves the invasion of privacy.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:01 PM

37,121 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Get around it by selling a bag of chips or a pretzel stick? Also, at what point does a drink become food? A bloody mary with all the fixin’s? Jello shots? Rum ham? I have an aunt that I’ve seen get absolutely tanked on Taiwanese sesame chicken soup.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:05 PM

37,121 posts, read 39,337,475 times
The great thing is we could’ve avoided all of this by having a coordinated national response earlier on instead of this piecemeal bull**** with a sprinkling of paranoia we opted for instead. It’s just incredible to watch.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:08 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,593,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Get around it by selling a bag of chips or a pretzel stick.
I'm sure that loophole has already been accounted for.

People cannot sit at the bar anymore, only table service is allowed. I'm sure bar owners are just going to close at 9 or 10PM since keeping a kitchen open costs money, and so does having waiters instead of just 1 bartender.

This is absolutely going to be terrible for bar owners unless he changes his mind in the next two weeks.

I'm bummed about this because I felt like life was getting somewhat back to normal, but nope. Can barely even get a crumb from emperor Cuomo.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:34 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
https://www.newyorkupstate.com/coron...uomo-says.html

So basically, bars will not be allowed and it makes no mention of when they can come back.

Table only service is allowed, and alcohol can only be served with food.

This will probably be the death for most bars in New York, RIP.

Notice how he didn't mention a rise in cases, he just didn't like what he was seeing.

It's time for business owners and others to fight back, this is getting ridiculous and will likely do irreversible damage to our state.
He followed the lead of his buddy Tom Wolf in Pennsylvania. Dictatorship is here, folks!

Old 07-16-2020, 07:06 PM

910 posts, read 752,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I don't even know where you guys are getting the money to go out drinking

15 years ago I could do a happy hour by my job for $40 and be pretty smacked by the time I was ready to leave

In 2020 (pre-Covid) I would need $80. Prices went up. Bar's really not my scene anymore anyways, with or without Covid.
For me, bars died when they banned smoking with Bloomberg. I am no longer a smoker, but I cannot go to a bar and not smoke cigarettes with my drink. On top of that, the bar scene is really lame these days...since any "incorrect" joke and the thought police will frown at best, or worse, get you fired. F em. I drink at home -- cheaper, safer, better company. Bars in NYC died long ago.

Old 07-16-2020, 07:10 PM

910 posts, read 752,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy
These people are sick. They are not Americans in any traditional sense of the word.
Right, they're not. We have been replaced. This country was given up. It is a dystopian situation. I believe there are few real Americans left, and the ones remaining are certainly not freedom lovers. No sane country would vote for someone like Cuomo or De Blasio.

Old 07-16-2020, 08:19 PM

34,012 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
For me, bars died when they banned smoking with Bloomberg. I am no longer a smoker, but I cannot go to a bar and not smoke cigarettes with my drink. On top of that, the bar scene is really lame these days...since any "incorrect" joke and the thought police will frown at best, or worse, get you fired. F em. I drink at home -- cheaper, safer, better company. Bars in NYC died long ago.
I used to smoke cigarettes but stopped years ago

By the time I was really bar age, smoking inside was on its way out the door a la Bloomberg

I hate smelling like cigarettes but it does suck smoking outside in the winter.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: