Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 09:50 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
BLM is incredibly divisive and will only fuel more protests and anger leading up to a major major confrontation one day. I don’t know if it will lead to civil war but it is pushing Americans closer to lawlessness. Blacks are killed even more since the protests because the police had been marginalized by our inept leaders. BLM cannot be good for blacks. It does not push for equality or awareness. It is a disruptive mob and anarchistic group. Any whites supporting it is causing more blacks to get gunned down by blacks. That is the hypocrisy.
Well, if anything, I guess this proves that the Police are not the biggest problem effecting whether or not Black Lives Matter.

There is no reason for Americans to be pushed to lawlessness. That would make them not any better than what they would be fighting against.

An American has a duty to protect their home and property. Anything else is our politicians duty. Once the National Guard is called out by Gov. Cuomo (and Im not saying they should be necessarily, but if the prediction is Civil War...) they will either handle it, or the Army gets called in and we go under Martial Law.

I don't think anyone with a brain wants any of that, but - who says anyone is using much of their brain right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 10:21 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Just get used to it. The PD no longer has any legal ability to aggressively fight crime. Even if they did, the perps wouldn't be punished by our neutered courts after being arrested.

Until we vote out the skell lovers and put people in power who don't pander to takers, this is the new norm.

Thankfully as of next friday, none of this will ever be my problem again as the uniform will be gone and this nonsense mostly occurs in neighborhoods that anyone with a brain will just stay out of.
Response: Best Wishes.............maybe run into you at a 7/11. Treat you to some coffee.................

Old 07-21-2020, 05:26 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Response: Best Wishes.............maybe run into you at a 7/11. Treat you to some coffee.................
3 days now...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-21-2020, 09:47 AM

588 posts, read 947,150 times
We could've used the national guard the first few days of riots/looting.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:23 AM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_MI View Post
Deblasio enables criminals. Plain and simple. It’s not that complicated.
Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Because he is a criminal...birds of a feather
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Very little of this protest season has been "peaceful" no matter how often or how hard the media tries to say so.

Who cares what youtube shows if you're right? Folding to false internet outrage is what got us to this point. Our "leaders" have lost the guts to defend civil society.
100% correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_MI View Post
What should you do if an angry mob surrounds your car? If you do nothing, they could injure or kill you. If you move the car, that’s seen as a threat and your life’s basically over.
Tough call. There are a few ways to look at it. The first consideration is plain old survival, in other words do what it takes....stand on the gas, and don't stop until the threat to your survival is well in your rear view mirror. A number of people will suggest that it's better to be judged by "12 of your peers", rather than "carried out of the church by 6 of your friends".

Some will suggest that you sit still, keep the doors locked, and hope that someone rescues you. Sadly, that usually doesn't work out too well. I'll add a practical thought, in that it might depend on what you're driving. If you have a fairly new, decent car/truck, and you do the "crowd plow", eventually, you're going to have to find a shop to fix it. Assuming that you fled the scene without being identified, a body shop might blow your identity, and you'll most likely face some sort of charges. If you're driving a "beater", that's worth next to nothing, you can "torch it", claim it was stolen, and hope for the best.

Problem with either method, is in this crazy, mixed up world of 2020, even though the fools attacked YOU, and all you were doing was trying to get away, THEY will find some way to make you out to be the sole cause for their death/injury........

Old 07-21-2020, 10:48 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I did. Coming out of stingy Bloomberg, promising the average worker everything - yes, I did. Do you think that I, or anyone, could have foreseen Covid-19 and BLM culminating in a poop storm?

Could I, or anyone, have foreseen watching all of our elected officials bend over for people that don't even live in this city or state? "Go back to Iowa!" Seriously?

There are very few that haven't bent over. Or haven't flip-flopped. Maybe Malliotakis. At least she has shown us she is not afraid. She got involved. Many have not gotten involved. She has shown me, one of the people that actually pays to live in this city, that she cares about me. I cant think of a single other public servant *ahem* that has.

Max Rose comes off as a tough guy. Is he involved in anything other than his campaign, as if none of this is even happening?
Fool me once...

what's your excuse for re-electing him

Old 07-21-2020, 12:16 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Fool me once...

The same reason my relatives still believe in him because they live in well to do Bayside and they are not affected by his policies until last year when he is "reimagining" specialized school enrollment. Now that really pissed them off that DeBlasio is causing havoc with the well to do folks that their kids have to go to school with the poor kids. That's how divisive liberals are, they support all these fake equality stuff and once they were told their kids have to be with poor kids they get upset. Bunch of closet racists that want to conveniently claim they aren't racists but in fact they are.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:54 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
I was good with him. I also don’t recall anyone that I knew much about running against him . If I’m well to do, it’s certainly a surprise to me.

No kids, so I’m probably not going to be focused on what our Mayor might be doing with the schools. I do remember Malliotakis running for something but I believe she is Republican and I was not completely disenchanted with being a Dem back then. I also had no idea who she was.

What can I say? Sorry...but I’m changing.

Who knew I was single-handedly responsible?

Old 07-22-2020, 05:20 AM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Fool me once...

Good point!!

I would think that rational people would have been turned off by him, simply due to the questionable ethics displayed by his wife, and the supposed MILLIONS of dollars that she mis-managed.

Old 07-22-2020, 05:22 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Good point!!

I would think that rational people would have been turned off by him, simply due to the questionable ethics displayed by his wife, and the supposed MILLIONS of dollars that she mis-managed.
literally hundreds of millions, over 1 billion apparently
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City