Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 07:12 AM

31,940 posts, read 27,048,330 times

Advertisements

For the busted, poor, "rent burdened" and others worrying about paying rent, Il Duce and Albany have got you!

Eligible households can get up to four (4) months rent paid. What's that you say? Already paid your rent? No worries, Albany will still give you a voucher that will take care of up to four months rent in advance.

Source of this money is $100 million allocated to states by federal government (CARES Act) to provide rental assistance.

https://hcr.ny.gov/RRP

https://www.6sqft.com/apply-covid-19...elief-program/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 10:41 AM

383 posts, read 174,388 times
And? Would you rather see homeless people?? If you were rent-burdened wouldn’t you take some help from “Il Duce”??
Or would you rather spend more of that money to kill more people in Afghanistan or in Irak for their “freedom”??

Old 07-16-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
And? Would you rather see homeless people?? If you were rent-burdened wouldn’t you take some help from “Il Duce”??
Or would you rather spend more of that money to kill more people in Afghanistan or in Irak for their “freedom”??
States don't send military to Afghanistan or Iraq.

Old 07-16-2020, 02:56 PM

34,107 posts, read 47,343,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
Can somebody tell me how all these poor ppl with no money have so much power? Boggles the mind

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-16-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Can somebody tell me how all these poor ppl with no money have so much power? Boggles the mind
You answered your own question in another thread; poor and busted people tend to vote, while better off people seem to have better things to do come election time.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:21 PM

Furthermore, if you look carefully at this rent relief it isn't about so much those affected by covid-19 per se, but giving more money to those who were busted before pandemic hit, are busted now, and will be busted when it is over.....

It is also tailored to another favorite group of democrats in this state, illegal aliens. Though in fairness Il Duce's government did make it so at least one member of household has to be a citizen or legal resident. California rolled out their program and is open to anyone, citizens, illegals, legal residents.... https://www.latimes.com/california/s...g-applications

In yet another example of wicked ingratitude good number of people aren't happy:

https://gothamist.com/news/cuomo-lau...wo-weeks-sign-

Old 07-16-2020, 04:06 PM

106,790 posts, read 109,020,929 times
It will be interesting to see how they define your income .....can someone have a few million and loose their job and qualify based on the income loss ?

Old 07-16-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
It will be interesting to see how they define your income .....can someone have a few million and loose their job and qualify based on the income loss ?
From above linked article:

"To qualify, renters must live primarily in New York, earn below 80 percent of the area median income as a household, be “rent-burdened” (which the state defines as paying more than 30 percent of gross monthly income on rent), and provide proof of loss of income any time between April 1 and July 31."

Old 07-16-2020, 04:30 PM

106,790 posts, read 109,020,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
From above linked article:

"To qualify, renters must live primarily in New York, earn below 80 percent of the area median income as a household, be “rent-burdened” (which the state defines as paying more than 30 percent of gross monthly income on rent), and provide proof of loss of income any time between April 1 and July 31."
I read that too .....

So it seems someone with multiple 7 figures banked who lost their job can get free rent as assets don’t count ......

In fact not that I would do it but I bet I would qualify ....we get social security and a small pension without my pay check for working one day ......

Old 07-16-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
I read that too .....

So it seems someone with multiple 7 figures banked who lost their job can get free rent as assets don’t count ......

In fact not that I would do it but I bet I would qualify ....we get social security and a small pension without my pay check for working one day ......
You're forgetting people have to be "rent poor", so unless you or this hypothetical millionaire is paying huge portion of their monthly income in rent, don't think they would stand a chance.

Also this scheme is not first come, first served. After application process ends there will be a vetting process where state decides based upon rather broad criteria who gets money. My guess is those with a good story will be first in line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: