Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 01:13 PM

6,676 posts, read 5,971,373 times

Advertisements

The part that is interesting is that she says the NYPD are afraid of making arrests because they’re the ones who may get in trouble: Also, they’ll tell you what happened when they were arrested for defacing the BLM street painting:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00046392601723

Old 07-21-2020, 01:28 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,557,046 times
Is a mix feeling. They talked about how nice officers treated them, which could possibly be true. I seen it first hand where officers constantly checking on the people that they arrested.

But when it get to the part talking about Christian turning table, I stopped watching.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:26 PM

6,676 posts, read 5,971,373 times
Yes, I’m not a religious person but I thought what they said about the police was very interesting

Old 07-21-2020, 02:46 PM

8,288 posts, read 4,316,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Yes, I’m not a religious person but I thought what they said about the police was very interesting

Same here, ie, I am not religious nor do I think that a randomly conceived fetus requires the same treatment and protection as a person with developed consciousness... but when she speaks about secular matters such as handling of crime, funding of police, and the benefits of lawful society for Americans in general and her own social group in particular, I certainly agree that she is an articulate voice of sanity. It is admirable that she has seen through the patronizing tone of the left wing, and that she has no difficulty thinking for herself (at least in matters that require rational evaluation of facts... again, I can't relate to her religious beliefs).

Old 07-21-2020, 04:34 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,158,968 times
Love them for this, except for the religious stuff.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:11 PM

383 posts, read 172,027 times
I stopped watching when she said «*Christians don’t roll with Muslims*» and «*they’re endorsed by the Muslim brotherhood*».
I understand their message about the paint and why they’re mad, but the Christians they’re referring to are probably another Protestant cult, made in the USA in the early 1800’s (far remote from Orthodox Christians and Roman Catholics, and Middle-Eastern Christians who do share values with Muslims due to their proximity and common roots).
Also, throwing the Muslim brotherhood in the mix is an extremely dangerous assumption just like associating them with Muslims in general. The Muslim Beotherhood is an Egyptian organization founded in the 1920’s that in my opinion couldn’t care less about racial relations in America.
This is another form of brainwashing. At the end of the day, everybody wants to brainwash everyone else with their own ideologies.
There’s no more room for a sane middle ground in this f-ed up era we live in.

Last edited by BX_Fly; 07-21-2020 at 05:21 PM..

Old 07-21-2020, 07:38 PM

8,288 posts, read 4,316,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
I stopped watching when she said «*Christians don’t roll with Muslims*» and «*they’re endorsed by the Muslim brotherhood*».
I understand their message about the paint and why they’re mad, but the Christians they’re referring to are probably another Protestant cult, made in the USA in the early 1800’s (far remote from Orthodox Christians and Roman Catholics, and Middle-Eastern Christians who do share values with Muslims due to their proximity and common roots).
Also, throwing the Muslim brotherhood in the mix is an extremely dangerous assumption just like associating them with Muslims in general. The Muslim Beotherhood is an Egyptian organization founded in the 1920’s that in my opinion couldn’t care less about racial relations in America.
This is another form of brainwashing. At the end of the day, everybody wants to brainwash everyone else with their own ideologies.

Sanity limited to certain subjects is better than no sanity at all, particularly if the subject is as important as control of crime. I am glad that somebody from the black community who is now socially visible has a critical insight into that. She is certainly not brainwashed in that department. I can shrug my shoulders about her religious beliefs as long as we agree about the importance of all neighborhoods being safe and crime-free.

Old 07-21-2020, 08:24 PM

383 posts, read 172,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Sanity limited to certain subjects is better than no sanity at all, particularly if the subject is as important as control of crime. I am glad that somebody from the black community who is now socially visible has a critical insight into that. She is certainly not brainwashed in that department. I can shrug my shoulders about her religious beliefs as long as we agree about the importance of all neighborhoods being safe and crime-free.
You are basically summing up what I just said.

Old 07-22-2020, 10:44 AM

910 posts, read 749,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
Actually, Roman Catholicism was as totalitarian as Islam...I'll give you that. Thank GOD for free Protestant countries like Britain, America, Norway and others. I am no longer a believer, but I am very happy I was raised Protestant instead of Roman Catholic.

As for these ladies, I'm a fan!

Old 07-22-2020, 10:49 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,178,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
Actually, Roman Catholicism was as totalitarian as Islam...I'll give you that. Thank GOD for free Protestant countries like Britain, America, Norway and others. I am no longer a believer, but I am very happy I was raised Protestant instead of Roman Catholic.

As for these ladies, I'm a fan!
Glad your not catholic ..cause your definitely misguided
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City