Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 03:15 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times

Advertisements

Before things reopened back, I was cruising on the highways and roads without any problems. There weren't that many slow "I'm taking my sweet time" people on the road or boomers doing 20mph in their neighborhood single roads.

Today I witnessed 2 major accidents on the roads, fortunately nobody was seriously injured but accidents are coming back even when the weather is so good because of too many bad drivers.

One of the accident, it looks like someone made a left turn in front of another car presuming the other car would stop in time or under estimated the speed of oncoming traffic.

Second accident the Mercedes got rear ended probably trying to turn into a store and the car behind was too close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2020, 04:11 PM

2,317 posts, read 1,153,831 times
I notice heavier traffic on Hylan Blvd in the AM and PM rush hours. Things are slowly coming back.

Old 07-26-2020, 04:17 PM

8,697 posts, read 11,089,464 times
More accidents since May. Many people forgot how to drive.

March and April was a dream drive on the LIE

Old 07-26-2020, 04:32 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,845,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
I notice heavier traffic on Hylan Blvd in the AM and PM rush hours. Things are slowly coming back.
It's back on the Deegan too. And around where Dallas BBQ is? Oh, that's a tough intersection. Heavy volume!

One thing I don't see are.. cops. So that has something to do with it, too. (Hint: Those that know how to drive, take full advantage. Just beware of when you have met your match.)

Old 07-26-2020, 06:27 PM

5,689 posts, read 2,617,362 times
Why do you live in NJ if you don't wish to share the road with others? Go live in the country. People aren't gonna lock themselves in the house for your driving pleasure.

Old 07-27-2020, 04:41 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,845,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Why do you live in NJ if you don't wish to share the road with others? Go live in the country. People aren't gonna lock themselves in the house for your driving pleasure.
I think this post is one for the record books.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:46 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,142,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Before things reopened back, I was cruising on the highways and roads without any problems. There weren't that many slow "I'm taking my sweet time" people on the road or boomers doing 20mph in their neighborhood single roads.

Today I witnessed 2 major accidents on the roads, fortunately nobody was seriously injured but accidents are coming back even when the weather is so good because of too many bad drivers.

One of the accident, it looks like someone made a left turn in front of another car presuming the other car would stop in time or under estimated the speed of oncoming traffic.

Second accident the Mercedes got rear ended probably trying to turn into a store and the car behind was too close.
People have been reckless on the road in recent months. I heard accidents went up despite the less traffic. People speeding getting overconfident. I still hear cars screeching on turns and souped up engines roaring. Its like some decided to live out thier Fast and Furious movie fantasies.

Also the number of people pulling over and swinging open thier doors without looking. I bike a lot and am more worried about getting doored now then last year.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:53 AM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
The government should do something about this

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-27-2020, 10:09 AM

874 posts, read 455,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

"The government should do something about this"

you mean our local government....

If the Mayor doesn’t give 2 sheets about these cowardly, sociopathic black
males running around “our society” with their illegal guns killing babies & anyone else,
+ cowardly sucker-azz drive-bys………..

(“This is not acceptable.”)

. . .You think traffic accidents is on top of his agenda to tackle?

pahleeze....

Old 07-27-2020, 10:12 AM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
I was being sarcastic Sue.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City