Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 10:00 PM

278 posts, read 140,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Many people don't want to walk through actual violence while looking for something fun or interesting to do in New York.
Isn't the violence one of New York's main stereotypes? Getting mugged is one of the first things people think of when it comes to new york.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2020, 10:17 PM

19,053 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Are you implying that people want to get robbed?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-26-2020, 10:57 PM

278 posts, read 140,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Are you implying that people want to get robbed?
I'm implying crime is one of New York's appeals. People still see New York as the gritty streets that had the US shook.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:45 AM

19,053 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Oh my god. There really is no end to this delusion.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-27-2020, 06:54 AM

3,044 posts, read 5,002,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonae View Post
I'm implying crime is one of New York's appeals. People still see New York as the gritty streets that had the US shook.
Yeah that's why tourism was at an all time high in the 80's/90's

Old 07-27-2020, 07:27 AM

1,568 posts, read 907,833 times
Quote:
I'm implying crime is one of New York's appeals.
Yeah, I keep hearing tourists compare us favorably with their family trip to Mogadishu. They just can't wait until the children of the ghetto treat them to a parade of Toyota trucks firing .50 cal rounds over their heads to make it just a bit more gritty.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:33 AM

169 posts, read 87,914 times
Quote:
I’m just amazed that dumb dumbs from the Bronx, Far Rockaway and Brownsville-ENY actually think anyone listens to what they have to say. They can be authorities on sneakers and hip-hop and gangs but not much else. It’s comical. Products of the NYC public schools? Democrat ‘useful idiots’ on full display. Sad.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:48 AM

2 posts, read 943 times
Quote:

Hai,

Long time lurker here from The Netherlands. I can safely say that we would like to see NYC a safe place and that I have NO interest in any chance of being robbed/mugged/killed what so ever. It's now attractive and has no 'vibe' whatsoever

It hurts Europeans to see the state of NYC (or the US) at the moment because I have been to your beautiful country many times and found the average American to be nice and cool, and we feel connected to your city. Nothing better than to go to Madision Square Garden to see Earth Wind and Fire perform live.

So it pains me to say that I'm staying clear of NYC until the whole BLM bull**** passes.

Stay safe !

Old 07-27-2020, 11:47 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKercel View Post
Hai,

Long time lurker here from The Netherlands. I can safely say that we would like to see NYC a safe place and that I have NO interest in any chance of being robbed/mugged/killed what so ever. It's now attractive and has no 'vibe' whatsoever

It hurts Europeans to see the state of NYC (or the US) at the moment because I have been to your beautiful country many times and found the average American to be nice and cool, and we feel connected to your city. Nothing better than to go to Madision Square Garden to see Earth Wind and Fire perform live.

So it pains me to say that I'm staying clear of NYC until the whole BLM bull**** passes.

Stay safe !
It's nice that you can tell from 20,000 miles away that BLM is a fraud. It's a white man funded terrorist group using young people to create havoc and will further help Donald Trump win re-election. Black people continue to face the harsh realities that their neighborhoods are terrorized by gun violence and white people are doing nothing to stop it. Those BLM folks are only protesting at police station, downtown areas, keeping the police resources busy while the criminals are having a shooting gallery in the black neighborhoods. All those BLM protestors keep ignoring the facts over and over that what they're doing is preventing the police from keeping the neighborhoods safe. They are completely brainwashed lowlives.

Old 07-27-2020, 11:52 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It's nice that you can tell from 20,000 miles away that BLM is a fraud. It's a white man funded terrorist group using young people to create havoc and will further help Donald Trump win re-election. Black people continue to face the harsh realities that their neighborhoods are terrorized by gun violence and white people are doing nothing to stop it. Those BLM folks are only protesting at police station, downtown areas, keeping the police resources busy while the criminals are having a shooting gallery in the black neighborhoods. All those BLM protestors keep ignoring the facts over and over that what they're doing is preventing the police from keeping the neighborhoods safe. They are completely brainwashed lowlives.
You should just let people figure it out for themselves.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: