Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 07:49 AM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Umm...no.....keep running outside the apartment and start banging on doors, cause a ruckus, wake people up...

And no gate on the fire escape window?
No, and I've never had a gate on a fire escape. Is a landlord going to in install a gate on request? I certainly wouldn't for any tenant.

That's a huge assumption you can get away from a bigger, faster, stronger attacker while unbolting doors and avoiding things in the hall. Not only that, but all this nonsense are work arounds for what is the best self defense tool for those that are physically inferior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 09:43 AM

34,090 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
No, and I've never had a gate on a fire escape. Is a landlord going to in install a gate on request? I certainly wouldn't for any tenant.

That's a huge assumption you can get away from a bigger, faster, stronger attacker while unbolting doors and avoiding things in the hall. Not only that, but all this nonsense are work arounds for what is the best self defense tool for those that are physically inferior.
If you're paying they would. Look, maybe you should have your wife get a gun then? I don't know what to tell you.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-28-2020, 09:57 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Quote:
Sorry for what happened to your wife but a gun wouldn't have helped her in that instance. There's self-defense classes. If a woman is getting sexually assaulted by a man she is supposed to pretend to kiss him, then bite down on his lip as hard as she can and then run.
Do you honestly think some savage who has the balls, (and knowledge that because of NYs gun laws) to enter someone’s home will just give up and run away because he has a bloody lip?
What really would have helped would be that scumbag lying on the floor at room temperature.

Being the victim of a crime such as a home invasion has a profound affect on a persons mental health. It’s especially damaging when that person has no way of fighting back such as a 90 pound women at the hands of a larger male predator.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Do you honestly think some savage who has the balls, (and knowledge that because of NYs gun laws) to enter someone’s home will just give up and run away because he has a bloody lip?
What really would have helped would be that scumbag lying on the floor at room temperature.

Being the victim of a crime such as a home invasion has a profound affect on a persons mental health. It’s especially damaging when that person has no way of fighting back such as a 90 pound women at the hands of a larger male predator.
A gate on the fire escape window would have helped!

Old 07-28-2020, 10:48 AM

I don't care what you guys think, hell my father's an octogenarian, hung out in Brooklyn all the time before Covid, doesn't walk around strapped. You don't need a gun to survive here. Just cut it out. Or just get a gun already if you're so scared. Enough is enough. I'm surprised if most of you in this thread even still go outdoors. Scared of your own shadows. No way to live.

Whats that movie with Jodie Foster? Is that life for most of you now?

Old 07-28-2020, 10:50 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times
Let's say New York City was open carry and every adult New Yorker who didn't have a criminal record or a history of psychiatric problems had a pistol on their waist and a shot gun in their home would the city be safer?

Old 07-28-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
Let's say New York City was open carry and every adult New Yorker who didn't have a criminal record or a history of psychiatric problems had a pistol on their waist and a shot gun in their home would the city be safer?
LMAOOOOOO

Old 07-28-2020, 11:50 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Quote:
A gate on the fire escape window would have helped!
What a fkn way to live..... so, so glad I’m gone!

Old 07-28-2020, 11:55 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,616,423 times
I'll miss Coogans. First restaurant I went to in Washington Heights and the first I'd take people to to introduce them to the neighborhood

Old 07-28-2020, 12:07 PM

106,668 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
No ,because what makes having a firearm effective is the element of surprise ....good guys are rarely armed in nyc so bad guys don’t expect it .....open carry loses the element of surprise and it is easy to get the drop on you since bad guys watch you ,you don’t watch them .

However as we learned in combat training action is way way way faster than reaction ...so if you have a concealed accessible weapon you can likely employ it before the bad guy realizes what he has to react to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City