Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2020, 05:32 PM

15 posts, read 10,017 times

Advertisements

I am in the NJ area and will be leaving aug 7. I want to visit NYC once before then. I just got back to NJ after four days of exploring DC so im really tired. However, should I try to do my 2 say trip to NUC tmmw? the reason I ask is because I asssume it will be better on the weekend with all the ppl out although its the pandemic. should I go tmmw or can I wait a little more and go two days in the week and still have the same experience? thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 05:42 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylikestofly View Post
I am in the NJ area and will be leaving aug 7. I want to visit NYC once before then. I just got back to NJ after four days of exploring DC so im really tired. However, should I try to do my 2 say trip to NUC tmmw? the reason I ask is because I asssume it will be better on the weekend with all the ppl out although its the pandemic. should I go tmmw or can I wait a little more and go two days in the week and still have the same experience? thanks!
It will be quieter on the weekend, but even weekday you will have no trouble social distancing. Come when your rested, start early and start from downtown to uptown or vice versa. The museums are open with limited capacity so you can see those also now. Enjoy every hour, as we dont know how things will play out in the future. If we have to lockdown again you will be glad you got a Summer visit. Be safe.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:44 PM

15 posts, read 10,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
It will be quieter on the weekend, but even weekday you will have no trouble social distancing. Come when your rested, start early and start from downtown to uptown or vice versa. The museums are open with limited capacity so you can see those also now. Enjoy every hour, as we dont know how things will play out in the future. If we have to lockdown again you will be glad you got a Summer visit. Be safe.
quieter on the weekend? i thought more ppl will be out. people will be takinh day trips or something?

Old 07-31-2020, 07:16 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
quieter on the weekend? i thought more ppl will be out. people will be takinh day trips or something?
You have the absence of those who have returned to work in the offices. There are few tourists now also.

You are good to go any day. Wear a mask if close to people. Its less hot for now too. Dont get bogged down on weekday vs weekend. Grab a bag and get ready and take photos. Share them on here or other social media.
There you go. All win.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:24 PM

7,348 posts, read 4,134,790 times
Quote:
I just got back to NJ after four days of exploring DC so im really tired.
Quote:
As of July 28, travelers to New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut from more than half the country—34 states, along with the newly added District of Columbia and Puerto Rico—are required to self-quarantine:

District of Columbia
https://www.afar.com/magazine/what-t...uring-covid-19

You should be self - quarantining after a trip to DC for two full weeks.

Don't come to NY - we had enough of COVID. Especially if you area really tired which could be a sign of infection.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:11 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
I just read we could be getting hit with some sort of weather event possibly Tuesday. There's a hurricane moving up the coast and although we don't generally get hurricanes here, we can sometimes get a lot of rain associated with the weather pattern. So if you're thinking Monday/Tuesday to be out and about visiting sites, etc., you might want to check the forecast first.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...riday/2544398/

Old 07-31-2020, 09:06 PM

5,682 posts, read 2,612,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
https://www.afar.com/magazine/what-t...uring-covid-19

You should be self - quarantining after a trip to DC for two full weeks.

Don't come to NY - we had enough of COVID. Especially if you area really tired which could be a sign of infection.
Was just going to say that!

Yes OP DC is on NJ/NY Quarantine List!

Old 08-01-2020, 01:20 PM

874 posts, read 454,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post

"Was just going to say that!

Yes OP DC is on NJ/NY Quarantine List!"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: