Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 12:50 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,036,206 times

Advertisements

Isn’t this hotel only a block from a school? Makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 12:57 PM

910 posts, read 752,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Isn’t this hotel only a block from a school? Makes no sense.
Nothing in Dumblazio's NYC makes sense. That's the reason smart people are moving out fast.

Old 08-08-2020, 01:16 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
Nothing in Dumblazio's NYC makes sense. That's the reason smart people are moving out fast.
This is the reason why NYC will bounce back. People who left still can't keep the city out of their mouth.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-08-2020, 01:19 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,543,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back the Blue Burro View Post
House is Human Right. You don't have the right to deny someone housing just because they are a drug user, criminal or a rapist. you should re-evaluate yourself as a human being before you come in here spewing hate.

Old 08-08-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
House is Human Right. You don't have the right to deny someone housing just because they are a drug user, criminal or a rapist. you should re-evaluate yourself as a human being before you come in here spewing hate.
I actually do -- show me where in the Constitution of the United States of America does it say housing (not "house") is a human right. Show me. Show me.

If you like drug users and criminals and rapists so much, maybe you can invite them over to your house and house them yourself! Nobody, let alone taxpayers, should be paying for criminals to get housing. Have you read the insane sentence you just wrote? I'm assuming that you have difficulty with the English language, because I cannot believe you actually mean that criminals and rapists should get housing. If you do truly believe that, then perhaps you are the one who has a humanity problem. Nobody who respects human beings would want them to live near people who can rape and murder them. Please revise your sentence.

Old 08-08-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
This is the reason why NYC will bounce back. People who left still can't keep the city out of their mouth.
You know, I used to use NYC as a selling point since people always thought it was "cool", but now? I feel embarrassed to say I am from NYC since people think/know the city has failed.

Old 08-08-2020, 05:10 PM

30 posts, read 13,921 times
Quote:
I actually do -- show me where in the Constitution of the United States of America does it say housing (not "house") is a human right. Show me. Show me.
I'm not going off of what the law says, laws are written to make sure those in power stay in power, at one point it was legal to keep slaves, did that make it make right? I'm following my heart and it tells me that people need housing and access to essential services. People should reach out and help others, government should provide an incentive to do so.

Quote:
If you like drug users and criminals and rapists so much, maybe you can invite them over to your house and house them yourself! Nobody, let alone taxpayers, should be paying for criminals to get housing.
I will not do that, I cannot afford it. That's what the government is for, that's like asking me to build roads and hospitals, I can't afford to do that I'm just a CUNY student, these are services that the government was created to under take, because they are too big and costly for individuals to undertake. Even if I did it would not have the same impact as a properly funded and managed government rehab facility with trained social workers, dieticians and psychologists. I don't love criminals, I despise criminal acts but we must treat people humanely and with dignity, this isn't Nazi Germany.

Quote:
Have you read the insane sentence you just wrote? I'm assuming that you have difficulty with the English language, because I cannot believe you actually mean that criminals and rapists should get housing.
What you just said sounds equally outrageous to me, that you would harden your heart to people so down trodden and forsaken. I prey that you repent and rebuke the darkness in your heart. Hatred and violence can never inspire hope and right now that's what humanity needs the most.

Quote:
If you do truly believe that, then perhaps you are the one who has a humanity problem.
No I don't think so, because if I saw that you were in need I would help you, regardless of your race, political belief or criminal status.

you guys like to bag on Democrat Cities, and sit in forums about our states and complain about places you don't live in or have long fled. Why don't you put your efforts into something constructive instead of hoping and praying for Democrat Cities to fail?

We are the party of the worker, the party that takes in the cold and huddled masses, a beacon of hope shining bright across the world fighting for love and for justice. The DNC cannot fall and neither will any of our Cities. All your hoping and praying falls on deaf ears. God doesn't listen to malevolent prayers.

Old 08-08-2020, 05:31 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
This is why Long Island, Westchester etc accepts the stupid property taxes. Local control prevents this crap. Developers are trying to put a shelter in Jericho. Town went to the court it violated zoning laws. Judge halted it for now.

People are fleeing 1m+ home Sales on LI are up 138% over last year since April. Hamptons and The North Fork has biding ward in every property. Westchester and Greenwich CT is booming also. These people aren’t buying 7 figure homes to not live in them.

Old 08-08-2020, 05:47 PM

8,333 posts, read 4,372,464 times
Quote:

Housing is not any kind of right, but civilized societies are generally charitable, so they will give to certain people for free something for which all other people have to kill themselves working 30 years to pay the mortgage. But why do the absolutely most undeserving people have to be housed in good hotels in one of the most expensive cities on the planet? People who don't have a prospect of working in NYC and/or have a history of endangering other people most certainly have no natural right to THAT kind of housing. They should be housed on the cheapest land in the state, somewhere far from anyone they can endanger except each other.

I also don't understand why is the epidemic any reason to release criminals out of prisons into regular world where they become homeless and need to be housed with the other similarly homeless criminals anyway, when they are in prisons specifically to protect the world from them, and you can't find a better spot to shelter in place than a prison cell. I just read about some guy in the D.C. area who was held on rape charges, who was let out on account of coronavirus, so he went and killed the woman that accused him!

Old 08-08-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back the Blue Burro
I'm not going off of what the law says, laws are written to make sure those in power stay in power, at one point it was legal to keep slaves, did that make it make right? I'm following my heart and it tells me that people need housing and access to essential services. People should reach out and help others, government should provide an incentive to do so.
And yet you mention "human rights". Human rights are "laws". Stop contradicting yourself.

You're following your heart? That explains the problem. You don't think. Every single post you write shows how you do not think before you speak. You go off on random emotions and spew utter nonsense.

That's what "government is for?" Where did you study Civics, in Cuba?

Oh, you're a CUNY student? That explains a lot too. You're basically a tax-payer funded beneficiary. In a truly rigorous system, someone who writes as poorly as you do would never be admitted into any college.

You're right about one thing: this is not Nazi Germany. This is why racist movements like Black Lives Matter should have no place in America. It is absolutely disgusting and revolting.

Rapists need jail, not houses next to innocent people.

You sound like a very naive and confused individual. I am from NYC and definitely do not "hope" it gets destroyed. That's SICK! I am not like your anti-American friends who want to destroy this country. I want to RECOVER the liberty that was lost!

You? The Party of the worker? The Democrats? What are you smoking and drinking? It must be some really good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City