Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2020, 01:19 PM

37,142 posts, read 39,394,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
My sons gym lifetime is opening in westchester ...you have to make a reservation and you can get 1 hour ,every other day..masks required
That seems pretty sensible--do they have a pretty easy to navigate site for making reservations? Do they penalize for skipping out on your reservation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2020, 03:14 PM

1,274 posts, read 979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Really? The off peak hours at my gym pre-Covid were really early in the morning or late at night. Midday thru 8 pm were the peak hours. But you're right, who knows what the peak hours will be now. Plus, I'm guessing some will be too reluctant to even go the gym so maybe it won't be as packed as I'm anticipating it will be.

But...this is all moot if my gym doesn't pass inspection. Cuomo didn't elaborate but the gyms have to demonstrate that they have sufficient HVAC filtration. He seems fixated on that to the chagrin of many gym owners.
It's because air ventilation helps against an airborne transmission. Or to be more exact, lack of ventilation helps with the disease transmission, or that's what studies suggest. So I suppose they want to make sure this is available, especially for an indoor space.

Old 08-17-2020, 03:40 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
from @NYGovCuomo: Gyms can open August 24th, but local governments can delay until Sept 2nd if they don't feel they can do necessary inspections.

Old 08-17-2020, 04:12 PM

195 posts, read 135,769 times
lol, I see gym equipment will continue to rise in price for the forseeable future

Old 08-17-2020, 04:18 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,816,904 times
Please share your new condo gym rules if you've gotten any. Still waiting for my condo gym to reopen. I really hope there won't be some reservation type thing and we can just play by sight (e.g. no more than 5 people at a time).

Old 08-17-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
Please share your new condo gym rules if you've gotten any. Still waiting for my condo gym to reopen. I really hope there won't be some reservation type thing and we can just play by sight (e.g. no more than 5 people at a time).
Got my condo gym rules today. Reservation only.
And no set time in the official opening date. It's all pending inspection.
And they're already predicting they'll be a backlog of inspections.
Most likely, it'll be sometime in September.

Old 08-17-2020, 05:27 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
we need to freaking open everything up again, we cant stay closed for ever...
we all know this is all political BS. they are not fooling anyone.

Old 08-17-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptjcz View Post
lol, I see gym equipment will continue to rise in price for the forseeable future
Yeah. I'm just going to buy a treadmill at this point. It's not worth it. If we have to wear masks.
And if it's a sign up, time restraint, reservation kind of thing with no showers (you can't shower with a mask on). Plus, I really don't think my little ole gym has any fancy, shmancy HVAC filtration set up at all.

This is going to be like indoor dining. Not happening until there's a vaccine.

Old 08-17-2020, 06:16 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,599,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Yeah. I'm just going to buy a treadmill at this point. It's not worth it. If we have to wear masks.
And if it's a sign up, time restraint, reservation kind of thing with no showers (you can't shower with a mask on). Plus, I really don't think my little ole gym has any fancy, shmancy HVAC filtration set up at all.

This is going to be like indoor dining. Not happening until there's a vaccine.
Indoor dining is already a thing in the rest of the state.

Old 08-17-2020, 06:42 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times
Did I see Wilhelm Jr say that nyc won’t see gyms open any time
soon despite what Gov Nipple Piercing said?

This absolute rat-faced piece of human sh1t literally deserves to be slowly bled out and executed in front of his children. Holy sh1t...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City