Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2020, 03:47 PM

6,442 posts, read 3,143,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Yep, mailboxes should all be removed due to how dangerous it is with all the mail phishing scams going on.

As for voting by mail, you have to be stupid to vote by snail mail. It is the most unreliable form of sending your information.
Unreliable, and potentially easy to manipulate....how many times have you heard the phrase, "officials just found 500 ballots in the trunk of some election worker's car"...........when the planned winning candidate just happened to be a couple hundred votes behind?????

Voting is IMPORTANT!! If you can't show up at the polling place, with valid ID, then WTH???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2020, 03:51 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Can't we do this online? WH creates a special HTTPS website for voting. You need to verify your current mailing address, SS#, current State or Driver's license and boom you can vote. A voting receipt is sent to your email.

Old 08-17-2020, 03:54 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times
I had a check stolen out of a mail box in front of a post office in Queens two years ago. They changed the payee from a company to some guy in the Bronx and changed the amount from about $10 to $6,000 but it was never cashed. The cops found a copy of my check on the phone of some guy they arrested. The mailbox had the small opening so I thought it was safe but apparently not. Now I use a mailbox by another post office that has the slit opening with an anti-theft device that you have to push the mail through, and I only use it shortly before the post office opens or when it is open.

Old 08-17-2020, 05:16 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD1lxsZhlis

Old 08-17-2020, 06:31 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
I do believe in order to promote trust, the post office should, if they are not doing so, put new mailboxes in, on the spot, when removing the old ones. And let the public know that changes and updates of mailboxes are normal.
Good luck with that. This is the Post Office we are talking about. I am waiting 6 weeks and counting for a package to be returned to QVC. According to USPS tracker it has been in Ohio for 5 weeks.

A smarter move would be the party volunteers who usually pick up the elderly to bring them to the polls, should instead, stop at peoples houses and pick up the ballots and deliver them to a drop box.

Old 08-17-2020, 08:17 PM

565 posts, read 361,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverythingBlue View Post
Another charge to add to Trumps criminal record for his 2021 Prosecution; So now we have:

Voter Fraud - That was the demorats in New Jersey just recently.
Voter Suppression - Everyone that has the right to vote can go vote.
Rape - That was Bill Clinton. And Tara Reade is accusing Joe Biden of the same.
Child Trafficking and aiding and abetting a pedophile - Bill Clinton literally was on pedo island with Epstein.
War Crimes - Surely you're locking up Bush and that animal, Obama, as well?
Crimes Against Humanity - See above.
Money Laundering - Clinton Foundation. Joe Biden/Hunter Biden in the Ukraine.
Corporate Finance Fraud - See above.
Tax Evasion - Zero evidence.
etc etc etc.
See above.

Old 08-18-2020, 05:08 AM

6,442 posts, read 3,143,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Good luck with that. This is the Post Office we are talking about. I am waiting 6 weeks and counting for a package to be returned to QVC. According to USPS tracker it has been in Ohio for 5 weeks.

A smarter move would be the party volunteers who usually pick up the elderly to bring them to the polls, should instead, stop at peoples houses and pick up the ballots and deliver them to a drop box.

You're kidding, right??

Old 08-18-2020, 06:12 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
they're aaaaaaall of a sudden playing ping pong with your letters and packages, and removing mailboxes. ppl in this thread are saying the butterball in chief, and the postmaster general had nothing to do with it lmaoooooooooooooo

Old 08-19-2020, 05:29 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Yep. Wouldn't want those Harlem people to mail in their ballots.

Old 08-19-2020, 06:05 PM

5,678 posts, read 2,610,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Can't we do this online? WH creates a special HTTPS website for voting. You need to verify your current mailing address, SS#, current State or Driver's license and boom you can vote. A voting receipt is sent to your email.
I belong to a union. We vote online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City