Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2020, 08:19 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
You are missing the whole point of this thread. This is not about home invasion

This is the proposed scenario. You are livie in a house and one day you are half a block away from your house on your way home.
Somebody then sucker punches you from behind. You fall down.
While on the ground you are dazed for a moment but in a few seconds recover to full consciousness
but as this is happening you can feel that person pull your wallet out of your pocket and walk away with it.
But as they are walking away and when they are at a certain calculated distance from you, you try to get them to turn back around and follow you. You say "come and get me (curse word) " and they are following you again as you approach your house.
You are ahead of them and you have this loaded shot gun inside the house near to the door but off to the side in a closet and you have enough distance to easily to grab it and be inside and off to the side of the door, out of view. The person enters and you kill them with the shot gun. They never saw it coming.
Then in court you leave out the part where you goaded them to follow you and you lie and said you ran there and didn't have time to lock the door or merely threaten them with the gun.
Since there are no witnesses and this law protects you legally as per defending your "castle" so you get away will a revenge killing and get your wallet back.
Your right its not about home invasion. This is an unlikely scenerio though. Once they have your wallet, the robbery was a success. Following the victim keeps them at the scene of the crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2020, 08:31 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i had it happen at 2:00am ...

all the homes in kew garden hills where i lived were cookie cutter homes .

a drunk who did not speak english went to the right house but wrong block .

i couldn't see who it was but thinking it was a sick elderly neighbor i slipped a j-frame hammer-less snubby in my robe and opened the door . he was never aware what was pointing at him .

the hammerless design lets you shoot repeatedly from within a pocket which a semi auto can't do . it never had to be exposed to be used .
So you killed this guy?

Old 08-20-2020, 08:34 AM

106,646 posts, read 108,790,719 times
Quote:
So you killed a homeless person?
where did i say that ?

do you have a reading comprehension problem ?

nor did i say he was homless

Old 08-20-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
where did i say that ?

do you have a reading comprehension problem ?

nor did i say he was homless
Ok I took the homeless part out. I'm asking if you killed the man

Old 08-20-2020, 08:39 AM

335 posts, read 227,517 times
Quote:
i had it happen at 2:00am ...

j-frame hammer-less snubby in my robe and opened the door .
I had that S&W model 640 many years ago. Found it hard to shoot at the range. Much better control with the hammer J frame.

Old 08-20-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Ok I took the homeless part out.
you still have a reading comprehension issue. it does not say it was used .

it says it could be fired from within a pocket to be used

Old 08-20-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine19 View Post
I had that S&W model 640 many years ago. Found it hard to shoot at the range. Much better control with the hammer J frame.
i have the 640 ... it is basically a belly gun ...these are used no more than 6 ft or less for the most part .. most self defense issues are under 6 ft.

it does have a hard pull since it is only double action and you can't put it in single action . but for what it is for it is ideal .

Old 08-20-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
you still have a reading comprehension issue. it does not say it was used .

it says it could be fired from within a pocket to be used
that's why I asked for clarification if you potentially left out the end of the story where you killed the person

Old 08-20-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
that's why I asked for clarification if you potentially left out the end of the story where you killed the person
if i did i would have said so .

he was only a drunk guy at the wrong house .. he spoke no english .

Old 08-20-2020, 01:05 PM

383 posts, read 173,821 times
Guns are legal in NY State now??? So you’re inciting people to break the law?? And then kill people with an illegal firearm???
That person In The article is a retired cop so she is legally allowed to not only possess but even carry a concealed firearm anywhere in the US.

But yeah citizens X Y and Z, bring illegal weapons in and shoot intruders.

Should I report this post to the authorities? After all law and order !! Right?

Good God I hope police reforms include in depth psychological tests for new recruits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City