Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 08:11 AM

8,331 posts, read 4,372,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tioga View Post
The first 2 weeks of November will get ugly. .....anyone who thinks that timeframe will pass peacably is sadly mistaken. I would tell you to be ready for it..as am I...but quite sure you already are.

If it gets that ugly, the riot police AND the army will move in. Count on it. I was outside during the 2013 Boston Marathon, and saw the bombs go off from the other side of Copley Square. Some type of soldiers (I suppose the National Guard) were out there within minutes, in VERY large numbers, diverting us to the side streets.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:17 AM

8,331 posts, read 4,372,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
No one was able to predict the last election results. No one know what this election will bring.

For the first time, the New York Times admitted that there are pockets of "hidden" Trump voters.

There is an ocean of "hidden" Trump voters. All swing voters will vote for Trump this time, in addition to his usual voter base. I did not vote in the last election (since there wasn't anyone to vote for, ie, I do not particularly like Trump), but I surely will in this one. BLM really did a great job in recruiting all possible support that Trump can humanly get :-). He did not even need any kind of re-election campaign, BLM did all the work for him.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:45 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,629,510 times
Quote:
No one was able to predict the last election results. No one know what this election will bring.

For the first time, the New York Times admitted that there are pockets of "hidden" Trump voters.
Trump admitted he was messing with the USPS to make it harder to vote, and he's said that he'll lose the election is if it's "rigged". He's going to want his supporters to riot if he loses and yes people will question if the election was fair if he wins because of his actions. I predict people in NYC will be out in the street if he loses anyway - celebrating (I will).

Old 08-23-2020, 09:50 AM

7,319 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
Trump admitted he was messing with the USPS to make it harder to vote, and he's said that he'll lose the election is if it's "rigged". He's going to want his supporters to riot if he loses and yes people will question if the election was fair if he wins because of his actions. I predict people in NYC will be out in the street if he loses anyway - celebrating (I will).
Yea, because so many of his supporters have rioted in last couple of months

We have three democratic primary - NJ, NY and Michigan where there was significant fraud. Democrat vs democrat fraud.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...ow/3260250001/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/19/n...ing-fraud.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/n...ts-voting.html

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...aling-possible

https://nypost.com/2020/08/04/forget...biggest-worry/

There are so many links . . . .

If I can go to a supermarket for toilet paper, why can't I go to a poling place and vote?

Old 08-23-2020, 11:13 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,629,510 times
Quote:
Yea, because so many of his supporters have rioted in last couple of months

We have three democratic primary - NJ, NY and Michigan where there was significant fraud. Democrat vs democrat fraud.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...ow/3260250001/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/19/n...ing-fraud.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/n...ts-voting.html

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...aling-possible

https://nypost.com/2020/08/04/forget...biggest-worry/

There are so many links . . . .

If I can go to a supermarket for toilet paper, why can't I go to a poling place and vote?
Do you know something I don't? It's not at all unlikely that we'll have a second fall wave unfortunately. We're in a good place now with the virus in New York, but at the pandemic's height, I went to buy TP in the wee hours to avoid contact with people.

From your first link:

"Voting experts say seizing on a relatively small case involving a handful of people to tar efforts to make voting easier has become a tactic to disenfranchise voters."

"But officials in New Jersey argue that what happened in Paterson was being oversimplified and that the majority of ballots were rejected because they had been filled out incorrectly and not because they had been submitted illegally.

About 1,200 votes were disqualified because voters’ signatures did not match those on file, according to the Passaic County Board of Elections.

In New Jersey, voters can designate someone to submit ballots on their behalf, but no one is allowed to drop off more than three during an election. As a result, an additional 1,000 votes were disqualified because a section on the ballot to list the name of the person sending them in had been left blank.

Only three ballots were thrown out because they had been cast in the names of people who were dead, and another was rejected because of suspicions that someone might have attempted to vote twice."

The Facts About Mail-In Voting and Voter Fraud

President Trump has been baselessly warning that mail voting will lead to a “rigged election.” Here’s how states running mail elections track misconduct.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/mail...ud-ballot.html

Old 08-23-2020, 11:16 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
with deblasio, DJT, the pandemic, and high unemployment...yes unless winter is super cold

Old 08-23-2020, 11:39 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Totally agree. I am expecting the worse.

Afterwards, I predict:

State Attorney General Keith Ellison has overcharged the cops for the death of George Floyd. When the cops' cameras show George Floyd high on fentanyl suppository (who knew that was a thing?) and George Floyd resisting arrest, it will be harder to convict the cops for homicide.

So why did Keith Ellison charge the cops with homicide, instead of an easier to convict charge of manslaughter? Does Keith Ellison want Rodney King style riots? I think so.

so what if he were on drugs? you're missing the point. he, like eric garner, sandra bland, and countless others, were not resisting arrest

no one should die at the hands of law enforcement in that manner. its inhumane

had it happened to anyone close to you, or your family, i'm sure there would be hell and high water to pay

this is the hell and high water

deal with it

Old 08-23-2020, 11:56 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
There is an ocean of "hidden" Trump voters. All swing voters will vote for Trump this time, in addition to his usual voter base. I did not vote in the last election (since there wasn't anyone to vote for, ie, I do not particularly like Trump), but I surely will in this one. BLM really did a great job in recruiting all possible support that Trump can humanly get :-). He did not even need any kind of re-election campaign, BLM did all the work for him.
Yep.

Trump owns Covid and Biden owns BLM. There is no way around. Both greatly at fault.

Out of respect to Biden though I do appreciate him being honest and upfront that he would shut down America if elected and focus on the virus. Roughly 5 months too late but having the courage to say it deserves credit. At this point though I don't think anyone will agree with him. Especially since that wouldn't be until Nov anyway. So we wait 3 more months and let things spiral out of control then come Nov we do something about it ? Things don't work that way.

I would love a good Dem in office but Biden isn't the one and neither is Trump sufficient BUT there is always the question of $$$$$ and the economy and BIDEN just let you know how that would play out. Game Over.

I see Trump re elected. I gain no pleasure in my forecast.

Old 08-23-2020, 12:00 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Yep.

Trump owns Covid and Biden owns BLM. There is no way around. Both greatly at fault.

Out of respect to Biden though I do appreciate him being honest and upfront that he would shut down America if elected and focus on the virus. Roughly 5 months too late but having the courage to say it deserves credit. At this point though I don't think anyone will agree with him. Especially since that wouldn't be until Nov anyway. So we wait 3 more months and let things spiral out of control then come Nov we do something about it ? Things don't work that way.

I would love a good Dem in office but Biden isn't the one and neither is Trump sufficient BUT there is always the question of $$$$$ and the economy and BIDEN just let you know how that would play out. Game Over.

I see Trump relented. I gain no pleasure in my forecast.
Is this the same Biden that attacked Trump as racist when Trump stopped travel from China in February?

You mean to tell me that had he been in office, there’d be less of a pandemic?

And while covid is a threat, shutting down the country would hurt more people, including more of the healthier and younger part of the population than the virus itself.

Old 08-23-2020, 12:15 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Is this the same Biden that attacked Trump as racist when Trump stopped travel from China in February?

You mean to tell me that had he been in office, there’d be less of a pandemic?

And while covid is a threat, shutting down the country would hurt more people, including more of the healthier and younger part of the population than the virus itself.
I agree. It's a huge mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City