Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2020, 02:07 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,643,935 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2020/08/30/de-bla...cover-deficit/

Quote:
Mayor de Blasio is robbing Peter to pay Paul — withholding $12 million in funds allocated for improvements to Manhattan public schools, including upgrades to ventilation systems, to help plug the $5 billion deficit caused by the coronavirus, according to the borough president.

Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer wrote to the mayor last week about the money she’d set aside last year for technology, upgrades to HVAC and cooling systems, bathroom repairs, and refillable water bottle stations at public schools in the borough.

“It is shocking to me that these desperately needed funds have not yet been released,” Brewer wrote. “I have made numerous inquiries at various levels of government and have gotten no reliable information.”

“At first, I was told that all capital spending had to be related to handling the pandemic. This clearly includes funding dedicated to digital tools for remote learning and improved air circulation systems,” she continued.

A City Hall spokeswoman insisted to The Post that the Department of Education has already put sufficient resources into making schools safe for students to return on Sept. 10.

“The city has been focused on readying school buildings for re-opening for months, including checking classrooms to ensure proper air flow and getting HVAC systems ready,” mayoral spokeswoman Laura Feyer said.

“For remote work, we’ve gotten over over 320,000 devices to New York City students to ensure they can learn at home. The city is facing a fiscal crisis but is continuing to invest the resources necessary to ensure a safe school re-opening.”
Article continues

Hahaha. First 800 million went "missing" now he's "holding" 12 million.

What's next? What's next? WHATS NEXT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 04:55 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,705,075 times
I feel that anyone inventing childish insulting nicknames doesn't deserve a serious answer, but I'll point out the Post's bias as well as your own by starting in implying he's "robbing" money for himself. Yes, a lot of money is being spent all over the world on Covid. Do you think it's going to magically replenish itself? It has to come from somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: